VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Well, we got most of the reservations we were hoping for. Strange enough, Plaza was the tough one out of everything. Maybe they are in refurb then.
We were able to secure Space 220 and Art Smiths, 2 tough ones to snag these days. Our DD was wanting one character meal for the grands, so we got Chef Mickey for breakfast.

I have to say, Im not a fan of the get up early and get reservations at the 60 day mark. Its like everything at that point revolves around where to eat. Dont get me wrong, I enjoy the experiences and the food at some of these places, but just not a big fan of the stress of it all.

Well, we got most of the reservations we were hoping for. Strange enough, Plaza was the tough one out of everything. Maybe they are in refurb then.
We were able to secure Space 220 and Art Smiths, 2 tough ones to snag these days. Our DD was wanting one character meal for the grands, so we got Chef Mickey for breakfast.

I have to say, Im not a fan of the get up early and get reservations at the 60 day mark. Its like everything at that point revolves around where to eat. Dont get me wrong, I enjoy the experiences and the food at some of these places, but just not a big fan of the stress of it all.
Disney long ago lost the spontaneity that made it fun for me. However, I managed up until the pandemic. Since then, with the added stressors of having to choose parks, constantly use your app to do nearly anything, and make dining reservations so far ahead of time, the experience seems muted by how much you must now embrace technology and higher prices. I will sound old (and I am...ish), but I remember Disney extolling the experiences you could enjoy and soaking up the sights, smells, and sounds. Now, at least for me, Disney seems to hawk the experiences through things you must purchase: Genie+, Lightning Lane, parties, events, et. al. That's a different Disney, and that's a problem for me.

In other news...well, there really isn't any, so have a good rest of your weekend, Groupies!

We haven't been since 2018 and are going with friends who have never been. I miss the 120 day booking window if only for the fact that there is more time to look for the hard to get reservations. lol. We don't have very much time in the land, one day per park, as we're also going on the Wish. Feels more stressful this way. Plus our friends have little girl coming with us (she will be 3 by then), and I am trying to resist the urge of trying to squeeze everything in for them!

Disney long ago lost the spontaneity that made it fun for me. However, I managed up until the pandemic. Since then, with the added stressors of having to choose parks, constantly use your app to do nearly anything, and make dining reservations so far ahead of time, the experience seems muted by how much you must now embrace technology and higher prices. I will sound old (and I am...ish), but I remember Disney extolling the experiences you could enjoy and soaking up the sights, smells, and sounds. Now, at least for me, Disney seems to hawk the experiences through things you must purchase: Genie+, Lightning Lane, parties, events, et. al. That's a different Disney, and that's a problem for me.

In other news...well, there really isn't any, so have a good rest of your weekend, Groupies!
I feel the same way. That is why we didn’t renew our AP’s for the first time in as long as I can remember. It’s been 9 months since we were home and I am starting to miss it Though.

When you folks sign onto Disboards, at the bottom of the page, does it prompt you to accept all cookies?

I love cookies and I do this all the time, yet, they still haven't sent cookies! I prefer chocolate chip and peanut butter, but I will accept any kind they send

:teeth:

When you folks sign onto Disboards, at the bottom of the page, does it prompt you to accept all cookies?

I love cookies and I do this all the time, yet, they still haven't sent cookies! I prefer chocolate chip and peanut butter, but I will accept any kind they send

:teeth:
Yeah I have had the same problem. Not fair to promise us cookies and then they don't send us any lol

Space 220 and Art Smiths! Niiiiice Jimmy! Cannot wait to try Space some day…..

Once again, Sleepy, you have been able to eloquently convey my feelings. Don’t get me wrong, I still feel a twinge of wanting to go back, but we canceled our September trip which was to be our third stay using our AP’s. This means our June trip was likely the final trip as AP holders. i am just not going to spend all of that money on AP’s, and literally not be able to do anything without purchasing Lightning Lane.

Definitely makes me sad, but we will be using our points to stay elsewhere - HHIR, perhaps Vero, and, with the alleged Interval hotels opening up later this year, possibly booking through them.

I recently participated in a survey Disney conducted for AP holders, and expressed in detail my concerns. I am not hopeful they will ever ‘make things right‘. This is the new normal for Disney, the ultimate money grubbers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter