VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Birthday dinner sounds good, though I'm more of a duck fan. ;)

Speaking of animals, it's obvious from the pic below that I'm not a sculptor, but at least it's distinguishable as one of our Disney pals, right? :scared:

Right??? :lmao: He said meatloaf, I was like ... really??

But, OK. That's easy enough for me. :rotfl:

Happy Friday Groupies :cool1:

I can't wait to be out of here for the weekend. We don't have very great plans, but I need to start getting stuff accomplished.

Our water heater died yesterday :crazy2: it started leaking from the top, so we thought it would be OK - but it's a goner. :guilty: So, we have a plumber coming over in the morning to replace it. And it's Bob's birthday tomorrow. He has to work, and the water heater crapped out. Poor guy :laughing:

Sunday, I plan on making him a good birthday dinner. He requested meatloaf, smashed redskins, corn and bread pudding instead of cake. :confused3 At least he's easy to please. :rotfl:

Thanks Di! When I get home, I may post my list to see if anyone has anything to add. I am nervous about it all fitting, but I think we may be OK.... I hope :eek:

The best suggestion I've heard is to get a container at home that is the same size and test it out with all your stuff. :thumbsup2 As it is I still have to sit on ours everytime to close it and send a little prayer that it doesn't burst apart in the warehouse!

That birthday dinner sounds pretty yum to me! Just a small substitution of meatballs and gravy. :goodvibes

Birthday dinner sounds wonderful! So sorry your water heater took a dive and your DH has to work!

Love your snow sculpture sleepy! Hard to believe you are having such severe weather when Ohio was in the 50's. :confused3 Absolutely beautiful here today!

JT - hope family members get their power restored soon! Stay warm!

Hope all groupies have a nice week-end!

Though we got 5" of snow yesterday, the sun came out around 4 p.m., and it's to be sunny and the low 50s here today. Sunny and low 60s by Monday! :cool1:

On top of that sunny news, Luv and I had a waitlist come through for our trip in September. For shorter trips, we're trying to stay at other resorts than our beloved VWL so we can at least say "been there, done that." Thus, we booked at BCV two weeks ago and waitlisted VGF. She checked every night since then, always asking a version of the same question: "You think our waitlist came through?" I always said no. Last night, she said "Do you think we're still at BCV?" to which I quickly replied "yep." There was a two-beat pause, then "Nooo!! We got our waitlist! We're at VGF!" As we had seen the models on a previous trip, we thought it would be nice to check them out for a stay, and now we will.

We've had most of our waitlists come through over the years, so we can add this one to our success story, too. :thumbsup2

sleepydog25 said:
Though we got 5" of snow yesterday, the sun came out around 4 p.m., and it's to be sunny and the low 50s here today. Sunny and low 60s by Monday! :cool1:

On top of that sunny news, Luv and I had a waitlist come through for our trip in September. For shorter trips, we're trying to stay at other resorts than our beloved VWL so we can at least say "been there, done that." Thus, we booked at BCV two weeks ago and waitlisted VGF. She checked every night since then, always asking a version of the same question: "You think our waitlist came through?" I always said no. Last night, she said "Do you think we're still at BCV?" to which I quickly replied "yep." There was a two-beat pause, then "Nooo!! We got our waitlist! We're at VGF!" As we had seen the models on a previous trip, we thought it would be nice to check them out for a stay, and now we will.

We've had most of our waitlists come through over the years, so we can add this one to our success story, too. :thumbsup2

Yay!!! Congrats! We would like to try it too, but only for a few nights as well. Partly because I am cheap, and partly for the reason you gave. Just to say we did it :)

KAT4DISNEY said:
The best suggestion I've heard is to get a container at home that is the same size and test it out with all your stuff. :thumbsup2 As it is I still have to sit on ours everytime to close it and send a little prayer that it doesn't burst apart in the warehouse!

That birthday dinner sounds pretty yum to me! Just a small substitution of meatballs and gravy. :goodvibes

Thanks Kathy! We did try to measure out the dimensions, but those OL's are such a weird shape. It does seem like we'll be OK though!

DiznyDi said:
Birthday dinner sounds wonderful! So sorry your water heater took a dive and your DH has to work!

Love your snow sculpture sleepy! Hard to believe you are having such severe weather when Ohio was in the 50's. :confused3 Absolutely beautiful here today!

JT - hope family members get their power restored soon! Stay warm!

Hope all groupies have a nice week-end!

Thanks Di! They're here now, and just told me I probably need more work than expected. :'(

DVCTigger - DDad and I enjoy the early morning walks over to Ft Wilderness, too. One of these days, we'll have breakfast at Trails End.... On one of our walks we counted 23 deer and 1 bobcat. Thanks for your report and your pics.

Like you, Granny, I've been working on our FastPass+ this evening. I actually rather like it. When Mom and I went last month, I was changing events/times on the fly. It was great.

Does anybody know if the fast pass lunch at Be Our Guest opens at 60 days or 30 days? There are no dinner reservation times available for our May trip dates. Lunch would be nice.

Maria, I know you are counting down the days until your daughters wedding. Such an exciting time for your family!

Heather, you will love your Owners Locker! I have a hard time remembering what I have stored in mine. I take pics with my phone of items stored and keep a 'need' list so I don't end up with duplicates.

Thanks Di :yay: It is getting so real and so exciting!!! We leave for the wedding trip on March 28 :dance3: There is sooooo much last minute details to tend to. I cannot wait to show off VWL to my family that I have booked there. They will be WOW'd !

DVCTigger....glad you had a great trip. Haven't eaten at Trail in many years. How was it? I want to give my family some nearby options for dining. Not all of them will have a car and most aren't going in to the parks. They plan to just relax and enjoy VWL and all it's ambience (as Jimmytammy mentioned). I could be happy doing the same. They are only staying for 3 nights.

Sleepydog.....LOVE your snow Mickey but like all of you....really hoping for some SPRING weather soon!

Thanks Corinne---I very much appreciate it.

Sorry you had to cancel----but congrats to your family on the graduation and wedding!

I made the final payment to Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings today! We are 30 days out....can't believe it!!!!

Oh my goodness, Maria!!! it's so close!!! Cannot wait to see photos!!!:goodvibes

[/B]
Corinne, your year sounds like ours! Son #2 graduation (he will actually finish classes in just 3 weeks), and daughter getting married in November!

Exciting things dvctigger!!. At least you got to sneak a trip in! ;)

YES Corinne!!!! I can't believe it ---sort of like a dream :cloud9:

Sorry.....sending belated birthday wishes to Ladytink75 !!!!!

All this talk about Owners Locker gets us thinking, 2 trips a year driving...would it be worth it for us? Here is what we would pack to leave there, Keurig and coffees, panchos, ext. cord, mugs and nightlights. Eventually we would add toiletries. Anything you usually take that I may be missing?

All this talk about Owners Locker gets us thinking, 2 trips a year driving...would it be worth it for us? Here is what we would pack to leave there, Keurig and coffees, panchos, ext. cord, mugs and nightlights. Eventually we would add toiletries. Anything you usually take that I may be missing?

Jimmy...we don't currenty use Owners Locker either. I really isn't all that expensive and there is a DVC member discount I think. I looked on their site, and I found this page which has pretty much everything you can think of.

We only go two times per year and we just haven't had the need for a lot of stuff. We don't bring panchos, Keurigs, mugs and other thing that a lot of people bring. We would probably only store clothes washing materials and some hangers. But for those who lug stuff back and forth each year, and especially if they are only using it for WDW vacations, it would make a lot of sense for the money.

Whew, here you guys are. Crazy busy at work so haven't had much time to play.

Sly, put sid, Rizzo and me down for May 11-16. Our first stay at BLT....

Yaaaay....you found us :yay:
You will love BLT eliza....a 10 min stroll to the MK.....no long lines to stand in at the end of the night...worth it's weight in gold :mickeyjum

Happy Birthday Icecoldpenguin!!!!

Happy Birthday!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Thanks Di :yay: It is getting so real and so exciting!!! We leave for the wedding trip on March 28 :dance3: There is sooooo much last minute details to tend to. I cannot wait to show off VWL to my family that I have booked there. They will be WOW'd !

It's always so exciting taking people who have never seen the Lodge there for the first time. I love watching people's jaws drop :thumbsup2

Add in the excitement of the wedding, and it's going to be a fabulous trip! :woohoo:

As promised, here is our list from our Owners Locker dashboard. Not sure if all of this is useful or not, but I used other people's lists to compile what I thought would be best for us.

Aloe/Sunburn Spray
Antacids
Baby Powder
Band Aids
Bathing Suits
Body Glide
Body Wash
Bottle opener/corkscrew
Brita Bottles
Brita Pitcher
Brush
Can Opener
Cards/Games
Chip Clips
Cologne
Conditioner
Contact Case
Contact Solution
Cottonelle Wipes
Cover Up
Crock Pot
Curling Iron
Cutting Board
Deodorant
Dish Soap
Disney Shirts
Drink Mix
Dryer Sheets
Face Lotion
Face Wash
Fiber Pills
Foil
Glasses
Gloves
Hair Product (Mousse, Salt Spray)
Hamper
Hanging Shoe Oganizer
Hats
Hidden Mickey Book
Hoodie
K-Cups
Keurig
Knife
Laundry Soap
Lipton Soup Mix
Makeup
Mickey/Minnie Ears
Mouthwash
Nail Clippers
Pain Medication
Pam Spray
Perfume
Phone Charger
PJ's
Plastic Bowls
Plastic Plates
Ponchos
Ponytail Holders/Bobbi Pins
Powdered Creamer
Q-Tips
Rash Cream
Razors
Salt/Pepper
Scissors
Seasonings
Shampoo
Silverware
Stevia
Sunglasses
Sunscreen
Toothbrush
Toothpaste
Tweezers
Workout Clothes
Ziploc Bags (gallon)
Ziploc Bags (sandwich)

Jimmy...we don't currenty use Owners Locker either. I really isn't all that expensive and there is a DVC member discount I think. I looked on their site, and I found this page which has pretty much everything you can think of.

We only go two times per year and we just haven't had the need for a lot of stuff. We don't bring panchos, Keurigs, mugs and other thing that a lot of people bring. We would probably only store clothes washing materials and some hangers. But for those who lug stuff back and forth each year, and especially if they are only using it for WDW vacations, it would make a lot of sense for the money.

The main reason we signed up was because of the toiletries, but I am excited about all of the random stuff we will now be able to have with us. ::yes::

Congrats on the trip! The location of BLT is definitely a draw! :thumbsup2

So excited for you Eliza! Wonderful you and your boys will be making a May trip. DDad and I leave on the 10th. Unfortunately we'll not have the opportunity to even have a quick 'hello'. :worried:

Heather your list looks to be pretty complete! I keep a small container of cinnamon in ours, too. I like cinnamon in my oatmeal, Roaring Fork has only raisins and brown sugar. I also keep these really large clips that keep your towel on your lounge chair. Also handy to hang your suit over the chair on the balcony with no worries in will get blown away. I also keep a large black marker and an extension cord.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter