VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Having an emotional day today. Was able to buy my tickets and make my park reservations this morning then it hit me. Even though I had my resort reservation and had been watching videos and doing other things for the trip, making those reservations made it real and the waterworks started. The last 3 years have sucked and I really need some happy and to be able to escape reality for at least a bit so that's why I'm so emotional. I just need to keep my fingers crossed now that everything will continue to go well with the trip. Hope everyone else who needed to make reservations today was able to get what they wanted. Have a good Sunday everyone!

Having an emotional day today. Was able to buy my tickets and make my park reservations this morning then it hit me. Even though I had my resort reservation and had been watching videos and doing other things for the trip, making those reservations made it real and the waterworks started. The last 3 years have sucked and I really need some happy and to be able to escape reality for at least a bit so that's why I'm so emotional. I just need to keep my fingers crossed now that everything will continue to go well with the trip. Hope everyone else who needed to make reservations today was able to get what they wanted. Have a good Sunday everyone!
Glad you were able to make the reservations, and even happier that you wanted to share with us. Here's to hoping it will be a magical trip!

Just back from a long weekend at Badin Lake. My folks have a retreat there, mostly a shack, but nice respite all the same. It seems the further you go into the outer reaches away from urban sprawl, the less likely to see folks having masks on. Most businesses we frequent around the lake are local owned places and they aren't pushing what became mandatory for NC on Friday. Our town of Burlington has been more like the rest of the nation and abiding by the rule albeit reluctantly. I for one will be glad when its all past us

Doing good here, and plugging along like so many others.

Sleepy, wow, you folks really are serious about the HHI move. That will just give us an excuse now to definitely stay at the Disney Resort now! You can show us all the good eats down there!!

Well I cancelled my pre-Christmas trip to the world and now have a poly/AKV-Jambo booked for end Jan. I will decide on whether I cancel that trip in the fall. I am really hoping that COVID has died down by then. Otherwise with my immune system it is not worth the risk of going to WDW.

Covid has certainly restructured my plans this year. I was supposed to retire end April, but with the tanking of the stock market, my retirement savings took a beating. Fortunately my work was more than happy to have me stay, so financially all is good. Compared to many, I am extremely fortunate.

I hope all the groupies are doing well and staying as positive as possible during this time. Here's hoping that things will eventually go back to normal.

This is going to be an eventful couple of weeks for me. Last week my husband got laid off, but good fortune smiled on us and he got an offer from a previous job very quickly. My daughter is wrestling with what to do in the fall. She is a Head Start teacher and really does not want to expose herself to those dear little 4 year-olds who will in no way practice social distancing. She has loved being home with our granddaughter who will be a year-old next month. My greatest joy during this whole pandemic has been to see her getting to be a stay at home mom, even with the interruptions and stress of virtual teaching.
As for me, I finally decided to stop postponing my follow-up CT scan to see if I am still cancer-free. I was supposed to have it in May and I am getting it done this Tuesday. Any prayers and pixie dust sent my way will be much appreciated. I see my oncologist on the 8th. I am afraid on a number of levels, ( the results, going into a medical building), but my daughter was the one who convinced me to go. Better to find out sooner than later when it comes to the big C.
We spent a wonderful day visiting her, our son-in-law, and our DGD today. Our granddaughter reaching for us with both arms is the absolute, greatest gift. We all have to balance safety and risks. The decisions we have to make these days are far from easy. I am wishing you all well.
As far as threads here, I have been limiting myself to this one and some photography-related ones, with occasional stops at News and Rumors. Not only are practical decisions hard, but figuring out how to maintain our mental health is a challenge too! Thanks for being here!

@bluecastle Will be thinking about you the next few days. Sending lots of warm wishes, positive thoughts and prayers your way. I understand about limiting social media and such right now. I deactivated my FB account and am limiting myself A LOT with the news and anything that could cause me worry, frustration or any of the other million and one negatives. It has been a rough year in more ways than one - or two - or three.

Take care of yourself. I sincerely hope and will pray your test results are very very positive. Sending you hugs.

@bluecastle Our thoughts will be with you, as well. We'll all be sending you Groupie Glitter--it's like pixie dust, only stronger. Glad to hear of the success of your husband and the joys of your daughter, SIL, and granddaughter. And we're happy you posted here, a safe place, a welcoming arms and embracing place. We'll be here for you.

As for me, I finally decided to stop postponing my follow-up CT scan to see if I am still cancer-free. I was supposed to have it in May and I am getting it done this Tuesday. Any prayers and pixie dust sent my way will be much appreciated. I see my oncologist on the 8th. I am afraid on a number of levels, ( the results, going into a medical building), but my daughter was the one who convinced me to go. Better to find out sooner than later when it comes to the big C.
Best of luck to you Bluecastle and lots of pixie dust. Glad you are going to get it done. I know how scary it can be but you are doing the right thing.

Good Luck Bluecastle. Praying you get wonderful results!!
i made my dining today for our August trip. There was so much of what is able to be available available. We got everything we wanted. We were excited as this will be our first stay at VGF, we were doing 4 nights at VGF and 3 at BLT. With the NBA coming I would of completely changed it but my daughter has her heart set on VGF, so I took a night off of VGF and made BLT 4 nights. Getting excited but nervous as well. Our April trip was cancelled and I really just want to get away. I have been thinking everything would be better by August but the crazy spike in numbers is frustrating.
Still looking forward to going and making dining made it more real. Hope everyone is doing well and staying healthy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter