VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

I read where wonders of the lodge was discontinued in Oct 2020. Has it come back yet? Any rumors on when it may return?
Thanks.

I read where wonders of the lodge was discontinued in Oct 2020. Has it come back yet? Any rumors on when it may return?
Thanks.
Hmm. I have no true knowledge. I haven't been to the Lodge in some time, but I don't think it's been restarted. Perhaps others will chime in who have been more recently. And :welcome:!

Viva VWL! I think we have a new catchphrase now that I've seen it a couple of times! pirate:

Happy Saturday Morning! Someone posted on FB that they are doing Holiday Martini Flights at Geyser Point. They looked delish although not sure my stomach could handle all the different alcohol . Wish it could and I think I might try it. Also that The Fort is offering carriage rides. Can’t wait 34 more days!

Last edited:

So they opened up Candlelight Processional dining packages a few days ago, but they only are offering it at 4 restaurants (Coral Seas, Garden Grill, Biergarten and Rose & Crown). All three nights they are holding the CP during our upcoming trip are sold out for dining packages. I'm not sure what the rationale is for only offering it only for the four restaurants but it is disappointing to not partake of this which is a tradition of ours. We aren't very excited about the narrator (Lisa Ling), but this is really not about the narrator. I'm sure we'll go in the standby line, and with only 4 restaurants offering the package hopefully the theater won't fill up with package ticket holders. It is our favorite "attraction" at WDW so I'm sure we'll at least stand on the outside and listen to parts of the show.

As with all things, I've been really slow to do any planning for our December trip. No ADRs, and I haven't figured out the new monetized FastPass system. Not to mention that MyDisneyExperience app has been overhauled with some sort of Genie thingy that is almost impossible for me to figure out. We might just have to spend our five days at Geyser Point! :rolleyes1

So they opened up Candlelight Processional dining packages a few days ago, but they only are offering it at 4 restaurants (Coral Seas, Garden Grill, Biergarten and Rose & Crown). All three nights they are holding the CP during our upcoming trip are sold out for dining packages. I'm not sure what the rationale is for only offering it only for the four restaurants but it is disappointing to not partake of this which is a tradition of ours. We aren't very excited about the narrator (Lisa Ling), but this is really not about the narrator. I'm sure we'll go in the standby line, and with only 4 restaurants offering the package hopefully the theater won't fill up with package ticket holders. It is our favorite "attraction" at WDW so I'm sure we'll at least stand on the outside and listen to parts of the show.

As with all things, I've been really slow to do any planning for our December trip. No ADRs, and I haven't figured out the new monetized FastPass system. Not to mention that MyDisneyExperience app has been overhauled with some sort of Genie thingy that is almost impossible for me to figure out. We might just have to spend our five days at Geyser Point! :rolleyes1
Rumor is they're limiting the number of CP dining packages this year which will give those in the stand by lane a better chance to get in.

In October I cancelled all my ADRs except for Oga's. Didn't miss them either.
I bought food for my room so I could eat reasonably healthy and had a few counter service meals.
LOVED the freedom.

I should add I had club level service for 3 of the 9 days I was there, that spoiled me enough.

Last edited:

I was so surprised at how quickly the CP dining filled up. However a few days after the original offering many Biergarten time slots opened, and I was able to get a slot for Tom and me on December 2. However, I goofed big time when trying to get one for my friends and me on December 7. I thought I had it, took a picture of the page and sent it to my friends. A few days ago, I realized I didn’t see that in MDE. Well, I took a picture of the page that you had to click to reserve. We don’t have an ADR. I’ve been trying multiple times a day to rectify without success.

Sleepy...thanks for pointing out the updated Page 1 of this thread. You've done a wonderful job as caretaker of this thread and your updated cover page is just so good at capturing what we all love about VWL. Well done!
Thanks, Granny. Truly, it's been a privilege to caretake the thread for all these years. For one thing, it ensures I don't lose track of too much time before coming back to our online home, and it's always a joy to hear from veteran and newly-minted Groupies alike, as well as the lurkers who finally come out and join our happy band. It's almost hard to comprehend that this particular iteration of our Lodge thread has been around for 7 years and 4 months, and it has 1,004 pages (and counting) and over 1M views (and counting!). Boggles my bippity-boppity brain. Think of all the stories we shared, the happiness, the sorrow, the aggravation (I still want my nature trail back), and the friendship, too. Simply stunning. So, thanks to every single one of YOU for making US a success. Here's to many more years! pirate:

Sleepy,
Im with Granny on this too. You have done an outstanding job with the thread, keeping it updated and all. Keep up the good work on the best place on the internet IMO to hang out and just be ourselves

I had an interesting experience on Chat today when I was adding names on a reservation. I actually was chided that they were no longer using personal titles or anything gender specific so I shouldn't provide that in the future. I hated to tell them that the web reservation system still wanted them. When did that become a thing for DVC?:confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter