VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

I've been to the Biltmore and truly enjoyed it, though never during the holiday season. We took a group of honor students a few years back when my daughter was still in high school, and it's such a massive place. Truly unique look at the upper crust nearly 100 years ago. I've also been there to see a Bruce Hornsby concert on the grounds. Marvelous!

Great pics, JT. They're almost enough to make me want to visit there this season. . .but there's already too much on the calendar. Enjoy!

Bruce Hornsby wow that takes me back!!
Saw him at our local Ramada Inn right before he it hit big with The Range like a month before “Thats Just The Way It Is” hit the airwaves

Biltmore is beautiful no doubt. I think being in England and seeing historical places that Biltmore patterned itself after appealed to me and my historical sense of things more. But seeing it at Christmas, very nicely done
Getting back on track...would I trade it for my beloved Lodge, not on my life :D

I do need to say I love the Asheville area. It’s very eclectic! Lots of good eating places and lots of small breweries.
Many shops and a market that reminded me very much of those we experienced in England.

As I told Tammy, so many times markets that we know of tend to sell “junk”. Things no one needs, commercial type items you can buy in the local stores. In this regard they had true local flair, homemade breads, coffees, teas, etc along with handmade useful items.

if you visit don’t be surprised to see lots of transients along with folks on the sidewalks playing banjo or guitar and singing for dollars or juggling. Along with this comes the oft but occasional whiff of the smell of whacky weed. You never see where it’s coming from, but it’s there. Must be for medicinal purposes I imagine😊

Okay, we're about two weeks away from many of the Groupies visiting WDW. So, what are your plans? MVMCP? Candlelight Processional? If so, who is your narrator?

I'm just living vicariously through the Groupies, so I'm looking forward to reassurances that the Lodge is as awesome as ever during the Christmas season, and how the new Ginger Bread Cabin looks!

Good luck to all who are getting ready to head to WDW. Enjoy your planning! 🎅

Surviving off Disney plus today. Instead of church, I spent my morning at urgent care. Sinus and ear infection and overall yucky feeling abound here today. I'm sure standing in the rain and cold Friday night at the football playoff game had nothing to do with that... We won though, so we get to do it again next Friday night. Praying for no rain this week. So far I've watched Lady and the Tramp (the new live action), and the first two episodes of imagineering. I love the documentary stuff about Walt and the World.

The Biltmore is so pretty. It's been years since we have been. DH's parent's owned a cabin in Maggie Valley, NC at one time. We visited a couple of times when we stayed there.

Wednesday is the day for Moonlight Magic sign ups. I still haven't gotten any kind of link. I'm going to have to figure out how I'm going to get registered. Fingers crossed!

Erin...we hope you are feeling much better today. And hope that you have success with the Moonlight Magic sign up. Maybe your sinus and ear infection might flare up Wednesday morning and you may have to get to work a little late? Just sayin'.... :rolleyes1

Erin, have you received an email yet? Hope you’re feeling better.

Granny, we head to WDW in two weeks! Been so busy getting mom situated in her new assisted living space and emptying her house and packing, I have barely had time to think about our trip! She seems to be adjusting really well thank goodness! It’s so great to see her engaging with people, and she knew a few residents already! The closing is Thursday and I feel by then I can finally breathe!

I normally like to have the house decorated early, and definitely prior to our WDW trip. Hopefully I can accomplish that too! We are having a small Thanksgiving gathering on Sunday so the goal is to have it all ready by then. (first time ever having the house decorated before Thanksgiving!)

Boy, do I wish I was still working part time!

OK, Granny you asked about our WDW plans! We are staying at VWL (lol) and arrive on Monday, 12/2 after driving from Sarasota. Tuesday we are having breakfast at Ale & Compass for our CP meal. We will be attending CP that evening, narrated by Neil Patrick Harris (he is on my bucket list of narrators). Planning on meeting up with Jimmy, Tammy & family on the 4th! Other than that, no big plans. We have never attend MVMCP, but I would like to some time.

I cannot wait to see our Lodge again at Christmas, it’s so magical! Also very excited to see the new gingerbread log cabin! Will definitely share pics! 🎅

OK, Granny you asked about our WDW plans! We are staying at VWL (lol) and arrive on Monday, 12/2 after driving from Sarasota. Tuesday we are having breakfast at Ale & Compass for our CP meal. We will be attending CP that evening, narrated by Neil Patrick Harris (he is on my bucket list of narrators). Planning on meeting up with Jimmy, Tammy & family on the 4th! Other than that, no big plans. We have never attend MVMCP, but I would like to some time.

I cannot wait to see our Lodge again at Christmas, it’s so magical! Also very excited to see the new gingerbread log cabin! Will definitely share pics! 🎅

Corinne...thanks for the update on your plans! Makes me think of walking into that amazing lobby with the tree soaring to the heights while Christmas music plays softly in the background! We've never tried a CP meal other than a dinner. It seems that if they are accepting breakfast, lunch and dinner reservations for CP packages, that line for CP must be getting longer and longer!

And I know that moving your Mom must be both physically and emotionally challenging, but I'm so glad to hear that it sounds like it will be a great fit for her.

Good luck with the Christmas decorations...we're well into it at this point. Six trees are decorated, just need to finish the seventh one! :santa:

Wednesday is the day for Moonlight Magic sign ups. I still haven't gotten any kind of link. I'm going to have to figure out how I'm going to get registered. Fingers crossed!

So.....how'd it go? Just wanting to see if that Moose Dust is working! :)

So.....how'd it go? Just wanting to see if that Moose Dust is working! :)
Tomorrow morning is the sign up, I'll let you know how it goes. I checked my email a few minutes ago, no special links have been sent. I think it will just be a free for all online. I'm home from work early today, since I'm still feeling half human. I'll be at my desk at school at 8:00a.m. tomorrow and hoping for the best.

Tomorrow morning is the sign up, I'll let you know how it goes. I checked my email a few minutes ago, no special links have been sent. I think it will just be a free for all online. I'm home from work early today, since I'm still feeling half human. I'll be at my desk at school at 8:00a.m. tomorrow and hoping for the best.

Oops...my brain thought today was Wednesday! :sad2: Good luck tomorrow! And keep checking your email today/tonight. They can be very last minute with this stuff!

Got my moonlight magic registration! Thanks for the moose dust!!! Of course I was sitting at my desk at 8:00 am sharp with it all loaded on both my phone and school laptop. When the screen refreshed at 8:00 (9 CST) I was like 4000 something in line. Of course we suddenly had an announcement that we are under a fire drill. :crazy2: I took my phone to the parking lot with me. My phone was about 200 people in line in front of the countdown on my laptop. When we returned from the fire drill, I was a little less than 3,000 in line. Anyway, by about 8:40 I got the registration screen. It came through on my phone first, so I actually registered on my phone. It told me to print the page, so I just had to screen shot my phone. I hope that will work, So excited!!! Oh and in case you are wondering, yes I am actually still teaching my students this morning! :)

Got my moonlight magic registration! Thanks for the moose dust!!! Of course I was sitting at my desk at 8:00 am sharp with it all loaded on both my phone and school laptop. When the screen refreshed at 8:00 (9 CST) I was like 4000 something in line. Of course we suddenly had an announcement that we are under a fire drill. :crazy2: I took my phone to the parking lot with me. My phone was about 200 people in line in front of the countdown on my laptop. When we returned from the fire drill, I was a little less than 3,000 in line. Anyway, by about 8:40 I got the registration screen. It came through on my phone first, so I actually registered on my phone. It told me to print the page, so I just had to screen shot my phone. I hope that will work, So excited!!! Oh and in case you are wondering, yes I am actually still teaching my students this morning! :)
Ahh, the travails to attempting to "work" on Disney while actually at work teaching. . .

Erin...congratulations! Glad the Moose Dust worked! And a 40 minute total wait time is better than a lot of the attractions at Disney! :rotfl2:

So, it sounds like the key was to log in at 8:00 am sharp. It seems that as long as you got in the queue, and were available when your turn came up, you are good to go?

It's amazing to me that 4,000 other people (at least) were going to be at WDW at the same time as you, were DVC owners, and were trying to register for the event. This Disney thing is truly a remarkable marketing machine!

Hey Folks!!
So Corinne and I have been working back and forth to get a time for a Dec. Groupie Meet together
Here is the plan:

Wednesday Dec. 4 at 8pm at Territory Lounge, Wilderness Lodge. My family will be there by 7:30 to secure some seating. If you get there early, no problem, if later than 8, no problem.

I will reach out to you folks who have trips listed on 1st page for that time but if others are here who aren’t listed please let me know you will be attending so we can make sure to get enough tables to sit.

Afterwards we plan to meet by the new gingerbread houseboat the Lobby for a photo op to share our meet with all our groupie friends here.

Look forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones too!

Sadly - Jerry and I will miss seeing y’all - but hope u have a great meet-up and take lots of pictures!

Hey Folks!!
So Corinne and I have been working back and forth to get a time for a Dec. Groupie Meet together
Here is the plan:

Wednesday Dec. 4 at 8pm at Territory Lounge, Wilderness Lodge. My family will be there by 7:30 to secure some seating. If you get there early, no problem, if later than 8, no problem.

I will reach out to you folks who have trips listed on 1st page for that time but if others are here who aren’t listed please let me know you will be attending so we can make sure to get enough tables to sit.

Afterwards we plan to meet by the new gingerbread houseboat the Lobby for a photo op to share our meet with all our groupie friends here.

Look forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones too!
Sounds like a good plan; Luv and I wish we could be there. Alas, our trip won't come until nearly two weeks later. However, we excited about finally getting to visit home again during the holidays. And, for our cruise, we managed to finally pick up a Palo Brunch when someone apparently cancelled; we just got our DCL luggage tags in the mail; Luv found someone in her FB cruise group who had the exact same cabin we'll have on the Dream; AND our waitlist for the Lodge's sister resort (AKL) came through for our day after the cruise one-night stay. We were staying at the Poly, but we'll now be staying CL at Jambo which neither of us have done there. Of course, that meant lots of new planning since the eats there look very good. . .lots of planning for Luv, naturally. I go with the flow. . .

It's great to hear about all the Groupie holiday plans...sounds like tons of fun in a great setting!

I watched Episode 1 of "The Imagineering Story" on Disney+ yesterday, and I really enjoyed it. Lots of old footage of Walt and the original Imagineering icons. I strongly recommend it to anyone who enjoys Disney history. The first episode was mostly about the initial plans and execution of Disneyland with some references to Disney World. Funny to listen about how they developed technology for the four 1964 Worlds Fair exhibits in New York and got others to pay for it...then they just moved the exhibits to Disneyland/Disney World when they were finished! It is also interesting to hear that Walt's idea was that EPCOT would be the centerpiece of the entire WDW resort. It is certainly interesting to think of what EPCOT would have actually looked like if Walt had lived.

We check in on the 11/30 until 12/7 so would love to come along to the meet :)
We have CP on the 5th with NPH also & MVMCP on the 3rd, brunch at Cali Grill on our first day also. Super excited, I’ve never been to WDW or even the US during Christmas time so just buzzing to see it all decorated:)
Jo & Steve - probably the only Brits at the meet!

It's great to hear about all the Groupie holiday plans...sounds like tons of fun in a great setting!

I watched Episode 1 of "The Imagineering Story" on Disney+ yesterday, and I really enjoyed it. Lots of old footage of Walt and the original Imagineering icons. I strongly recommend it to anyone who enjoys Disney history. The first episode was mostly about the initial plans and execution of Disneyland with some references to Disney World. Funny to listen about how they developed technology for the four 1964 Worlds Fair exhibits in New York and got others to pay for it...then they just moved the exhibits to Disneyland/Disney World when they were finished! It is also interesting to hear that Walt's idea was that EPCOT would be the centerpiece of the entire WDW resort. It is certainly interesting to think of what EPCOT would have actually looked like if Walt had lived.
Tammy was finally able to get us connected, albeit temporarily, for a month, until they can get the issues resolved about the D23 3 year plans. She was on live chat at 3am yesterday. All this to share, the first thing we watched, Ep 1 of "The Imagineering Story"

Granny, you, me and history, it all welds together:tilt:. I found it very interesting and entertaining. I saw a ton of footage I hade never seen before. I think I am going to be a big fan of Disney Plus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!