VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Jimmy...looks like you're having another great trip! Pictures of that Biergarten food is making me hungry!

Here's a little picture straightening. First, the JT Gang hanging with the Big Cheese and Goofy...

Jimmy10.jpeg

Jimmy11.jpeg

Jimmy12.jpeg

I never get tired of seeing the VWL lobby in its Christmas splendor!

Jimmy - I just love the pictures you post! And what great family group pictures!!
Granny - Thanks for the help - I was straining to enjoy the pics.
Bobbi - Thanks for sharing you view.

I hope this is OK to post . . .

Last week was a very straining week . . . DiznyDi was admitted to Univ. Hospital (Cleveland ~ 60 miles away) on Monday; my Mom passed away on Tuesday; my DD was admitted to the same Univ. Hospital on Friday. Lots to do, lots of traveling. DiznyDi & DD are in side by side rooms. I stayed over at Univ. Hospital this pasted Friday and Sat. nights, and plan on repeating that this coming weekend if needed. I went to the office all week; so much going on there. I see retirement coming at me in just 4.5 months; the days seem to be flying by. I'm fitting in Christmas celebration tasks as I can. But in all of this, I really appreciate coming to this corner of the internet to find my friends and relax in the moment. And I remain thankful in all things, as God is good; all the time.

Thank you friends for allowing me to vent; I have shared this with no one else. Don't spread it around. :poop:

Last week was a very straining week . . . DiznyDi was admitted to Univ. Hospital (Cleveland ~ 60 miles away) on Monday; my Mom passed away on Tuesday; my DD was admitted to the same Univ. Hospital on Friday. Lots to do, lots of traveling. DiznyDi & DD are in side by side rooms. I stayed over at Univ. Hospital this pasted Friday and Sat. nights, and plan on repeating that this coming weekend if needed. I went to the office all week; so much going on there. I see retirement coming at me in just 4.5 months; the days seem to be flying by. I'm fitting in Christmas celebration tasks as I can. But in all of this, I really appreciate coming to this corner of the internet to find my friends and relax in the moment. And I remain thankful in all things, as God is good; all the time.

Thank you friends for allowing me to vent; I have shared this with no one else. Don't spread it around. :poop:

Rich....oh wow, you are getting hit from all sides! Prayers for Di, your daughter and the repose of your Mom's soul as well as for you and your family. Thank you for letting us know so Cindy and I can support in prayer.

Last edited:

Sympathy and condolences from us, Dad. This "corner of the internet" has always been, and always shall be, a respite for our woes, worries, and sorrows, as well as a place to share stories in better times. Peace be to you and yours.

My condolences on the passing of your mother and best wishes for Di and your daughter. :grouphug: That's a very tough week for all of you.

Rich, our thoughts and prayers for you at this time as your Mom goes on to a better place, and to be be with her loved ones. She will be waiting for you on the other side, we have that knowledge through faith. And for Diane and your DD, hopes and prayers for better health and better days ahead.

I wanted to share with you folks a wonderful story that a lady bartender shared with us at Territory Lounge last night. She was so nice, fits the TL/WL "mold" in our eyes and has been a nice spark and addition of folks we like to get to know at the Lodge.

A young lady at the bar walked away and told Brucie, the bartenders name, to have a good night. Brucie replied, "every day is a blessing" then she told us, "seriously, every day is a blessing" as she proceeded to share her story. For those of you who know me, I wear my heart on my sleeve, and I have to say, she had my eyes welling with tears before she was done.

She told Tammy and me how she had a brain aneurism 3 years ago and she knew something was wrong. She is very pain tolerant and she refused to let the paramedics help her in the ambulance. Once admitted she was in hospital for 3.5 weeks, and in that time, 7 others in her surrounding area of the room died, and she says she knew they did, not because anyone shared it, but because she was caught between this life and beyond. She saw them go. She said her mom and dad, both deceased come to her every day to talk to her, she had an angel in her room and described her to a tee. Said she was short, long brown hair, white blouse and white skirt.

Her preacher came in to visit and she told him dont be coming in to read me my last rites, nmy angel is here to make sure I am fine and not ready to cross over. She was determined to not!! She made that very clear, she was not ready to go. She asked if he saw her angel and he said where, right there she pointed and asked him aren't you a preacher, dont you see these things. He said he believes in angels but cannot see them. She calls the angel soapy because she smelled like soap. To this day she smells soap from time to time and knows soapy is close by.

She shared a lot more in a short time, but I nor Tammy have no reason not to believe her. It was so vivid to her. I told her she should write a book and share with the world. She said she has just recently come to terms with it all and begun to share her story

DDad, Mine and Kati's thoughts and prayers are with you. I have a feeling you will enjoy retirement as much as my husband does. He calls it a vacation day every day!

Jimmy . . . Dad passed in December of 2012, mom recently. Both Mom and Dad talked about "Others" in the room; sometimes identifying them by name, other times just indicating that there were others in the room. I understand they are there for comfort, as neither Mom or Dad expressed any fear or confusion about them. I could never see them, but my faith knew they were there.

If you have never seen the movie City of Angels with Nicholas Cage, you may be surprised at the interesting concept it offers; kind of chilling actually. Even tho I saw it years ago, I still think of Angels standing with us everywhere. Strange movie it is . . . . .

Jimmy . . . Dad passed in December of 2012, mom recently. Both Mom and Dad talked about "Others" in the room; sometimes identifying them by name, other times just indicating that there were others in the room. I understand they are there for comfort, as neither Mom or Dad expressed any fear or confusion about them. I could never see them, but my faith knew they were there.

If you have never seen the movie City of Angels with Nicholas Cage, you may be surprised at the interesting concept it offers; kind of chilling actually. Even tho I saw it years ago, I still think of Angels standing with us everywhere. Strange movie it is . . . . .
My MIL had severe pneumonia a few years ago, and she was put into an induced coma for a month. To this day she can still describe vividly the angels she saw in her room. And even after she came out of the coma, she still saw them, and spoke of them while we were there with her.
I will have to check the movie out, thanks for sharing.
I read a book a few years back then saw the movie Heaven Is For Real about a little boy who passed for a brief moment but talked about all he saw in that time. Great book, I highly recommend. Movie is good too, but book is a must read IMO.

As our trip winds down I wanted to share a few last shots of our lodge we all love so much
Tammy also wanted me to share a groupie shot from back in 2009 that popped up on her phone that was in the same week in that year. It includes twokats and PrincessKat, DiznyDad and DiznyDi, Ranger Stan and Carolyn, teapot and Steve and our family
Wow what awesome memories!!2B7A1E9A-D515-4BE9-B6DB-6EB680257946.jpeg68CDFDD6-90F4-4BEE-9739-F4CF508C5FD0.jpegED795520-50EA-480C-BCC3-5631E75004A7.jpeg7B59602B-8397-4D26-A3CD-6FEDD8455249.jpeg

One last thing I want to share then I will spare you folks all the “mushy” stuff. I have needed my re-connection to the Lodge for way too long. Not just a glancing look by passing all the great things we love about it after a quick boat trip over. But soaking it all back in. It was needed much.

So that’s not what I wanted to share but this was a small part of what made this trip extra special.

One, I got to meet Jack and Alan, the rangers. Both are wanting the flag family back and encourage us to ask for it since new management is coming in. Apparently they have heard a lot of flak from other lovers of the Lodge about that plus the changes at AP since the recently relocated manager came in and turned WL upside down.

Two, Ranger Jack told me that those who know her as Carolyn, Ranger Stans wife, comes by often to visit. They refer to her as the 1st Lady of the Lodge! A title well earned IMO as she was so willing to share Stan with us.

Jack and Alan are doing a good job filling the shoes of the man who set the standard.

I will close with this as my hours wind down. I am so happy to be back in the place that holds so much of my heart. It held it for a lot of different reasons. You folks love of it has helped to keep my passion alive. So I thank you for keeping it alive for me through our daily transactions here.

Staying in a 1 Bedroom at Boulder Ridge next week, so excited. Stayed Copper Creek last year. What is a good room request? Want to be closer to elevators and nice view.

Jimmy...thank you for the pictures. Hard to believe that group picture is already 10 years old! Everyone looks great, and I appreciate hearing your thoughts and feelings about our beloved Lodge. I don't know that I've met Ranger Allan yet, but I've talked to Ranger Jack a couple of times and he seems much more at ease with the job. I think the Lodge is in good hands there.

Since this was the glamour shot of the lobby tree, you know I just had to straighten it out! :)

Jimmy13.jpeg

Thanks for the tip about Flag Family "complaints". Hard to believe they are already turning over the position on resort GM...that lady (forget her name) wasn't there very long, was she? If we ever get the name of the new person, I'll try to write to give some "suggestions" on Roaring Fork and Geyser Point. And the Flag Family, of course. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter