VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

It took a whole year for our first floor renovation, but I promised Granny a long time ago to share a picture or two. Here is the place DiznyDi and I love to relax and review our day with each other. The "Pot Clock" keep great time, a great place for an evening libation to rest, but it is nice to cover the clock and let the evening melt into the fire.

Living Room fireplace 1.jpg

I've watched the first 3 episodes (Walt --- post-Walt --- Eisner/Wells.) I agree that the footage is new, and the interviews with the Imagineers is great. Especially when they show video of their younger selves with their voice and recollections of today. A really good series...my understanding is that there will be 8 episodes in total? I'm not rushing through them...just picking times when I know I can watch uninterrupted. :thumbsup2

Sleepy...I was reading about the new point charts for 2021 yesterday. As you indicate, there are 7 seasons...no names for the seasons any more. And the only "lowest point" season time of the year is September 1-19. The next lowest season is January 1-31, September 20-30, and December 1-23. So the very popular early December has gone up a bit in points but is still in the lower point season time of the year. I'll have to play with the chart to see how it impacts our usual trips as far as point usage goes.

The very good news is that Disney doesn't seem to have implemented the radical re-alignment of points that they tried to announce last year which would put a heavy penalty on studios and 1BR villas.

One interesting note...VWL and CCV now do not share identical point charts. I didn't delve into it much, but when I looked at the first season, I see a slightly different point schedule for CCV versus VWL. This will be interesting to watch as it might increase competition for a reservation at either of them at the 7 month mark if it is during a time where that resort is lower points per night. I can see someone booking VWL and then switching to CCV to save a few points, figuring the experience to be just about the same at either. Or booking CCV and trying to switch to VWL for the same reason.

Here's a good article with details about the 2021 point charts: DVC News: 2021 Point Charts
Yeah, the 1BRs and 2BRs went up slightly for the new 1-23 Dec timeframe, though it appears studios stayed the same. I didn't find any huge point swings, so that's heartening. I'm still a little gun shy with DVC, however. I've found they work to their advantage in every decision.

On a short count down to my first New Years at WDW and each day tend to look at and tweak something or otherwise plan on packing etc. BLT for the first part of the trip and then BWV for the second.

It's a sad day today though as my very beloved Auntie Godmother passed away yesterday. I last visited her in October for her 91st BD. She was my mothers twin sister and having her around after my mother passed away was like still having a bit of my mother. Now it's a bit like losing my mother again. It follows the loss of a favorite cousin last month and my sister is also in the final stages of kidney failure. I shall be very happy to welcome a New Year. This year has of course had lots of great things but my heart is heavy here at the end of it. Sorry on the OT.

It took a whole year for our first floor renovation, but I promised Granny a long time ago to share a picture or two. Here is the place DiznyDi and I love to relax and review our day with each other. The "Pot Clock" keep great time, a great place for an evening libation to rest, but it is nice to cover the clock and let the evening melt into the fire.

View attachment 457885

DDad...wow, that's a beautiful spot for your home! And yes, I can see you and Di enjoying many evenings by the fire. And I have never heard of a "pot clock" but it looks very cool indeed! :thumbsup2

On a short count down to my first New Years at WDW and each day tend to look at and tweak something or otherwise plan on packing etc. BLT for the first part of the trip and then BWV for the second.

It's a sad day today though as my very beloved Auntie Godmother passed away yesterday. I last visited her in October for her 91st BD. She was my mothers twin sister and having her around after my mother passed away was like still having a bit of my mother. Now it's a bit like losing my mother again. It follows the loss of a favorite cousin last month and my sister is also in the final stages of kidney failure. I shall be very happy to welcome a New Year. This year has of course had lots of great things but my heart is heavy here at the end of it. Sorry on the OT.

Kathy...prayers going up for you and your family. I can see where a mother's twin sister passing can be extra traumatic. I wish you peace and happiness during the Christmas season...and of course nothing is really off topic for this group. :grouphug:

Kathy...prayers going up for you and your family. I can see where a mother's twin sister passing can be extra traumatic. I wish you peace and happiness during the Christmas season...and of course nothing is really off topic for this group. :grouphug:

Thank you Granny!

Interesting! I had wondered if they had diverged but hadn't compared yet.

Just looked at it again and it looks like they are no more than 1 point difference per night for any given time of the year. And most nights seem to be the same. Hardly worth the effort to make them different!

On the other hand, early December at VWL went up a couple of points per night for the 1BR but no change for the studios. Nothing earth shattering on the first blush skim of the charts.

Here's a nice comparison chart done by @jshadd .

Attachments

• 2020 Vs 2021 Point Chart Differences FINAL.pdf
    461.7 KB · Views: 13
I reworked my numbers - our fall and December trips went up - May came down so all in all an overall wash but I need more BC and BLT points and less VGF. I’m lucky that our WLV had enough ‘fluff’ to cover Dec...but fall (Oct- alternate between BLT and BC) doesn’t...

Condolences and wishes for a better year to come. We hold the memories and use those to light our way moving forward. As Granny says, as family we're open to all manners of news, good and bad.

This morning these hawks greeted me as I enjoyed the view from VWL.

View attachment 458059
Reminds me of the time I was running along the bike path to FW a few years back, and I came across a hawk on the ground, just off the pathway. He had a field mouse in his talons and was just sitting there looking at me until I got within maybe 15 feet of him when he lifted off, prey in hand, er, talon. I fear all the building will eventually push out a lot of the wildlife in the area, especially with the "rehab facility" going up between FW and WL.

Reminds me of the time I was running along the bike path to FW a few years back, and I came across a hawk on the ground, just off the pathway. He had a field mouse in his talons and was just sitting there looking at me until I got within maybe 15 feet of him when he lifted off, prey in hand, er, talon. I fear all the building will eventually push out a lot of the wildlife in the area, especially with the "rehab facility" going up between FW and WL.
One of my best memories from the path between VWL and the campground was when I saw a pileated woodpecker from the trail, road.

Dad, that's a great looking room! Love what you did and what a great place to wind the day down. Reminiscent of winding a day down at the Carolewood Pacific Room

KAT, saying prayers for you and your loved ones as you deal with so much these days. You have no reason to apologize on bringing your emotions our way. We share it all here, including the sad times of our lives. We are here for you in your time of need :grouphug:

One of my best memories from the path between VWL and the campground was when I saw a pileated woodpecker from the trail, road.
Bobbi, we are here at the Lodge until Sat. If you have some time would love to meet up. Our days are pretty full, especially with our 2 yr. old grandson in tow. If you have some time Thurs PM or Fri PM to catch up, let me know! Tonight, we are keeping him while Dad and Mom have some adult time at Le Cellier, so we will be busy until 9 I imagine

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter