VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 14 June 2024

That makes the cabanas better themed than the refurbed rooms at VWL!!! :rotfl2:

Sleepy...Godspeed for your travels and see you in a week! :thumbsup2
So Groupies - when and where for the May get togethers? We'll be at WDW May 4-13 (Tricia and Jerry) - looking forward to meeting up with everyone!

So Groupies - when and where for the May get togethers? We'll be at WDW May 4-13 (Tricia and Jerry) - looking forward to meeting up with everyone!
The first one is 5 May sometime after dinner. We have an AP reservation at 5:30, so doubt we'll make it to TOWL before 7:30-7:45. I'm sure others will be there earlier. I believe the plan is to meet and chat before enjoying Wishes right there in TOWL. Look forward to meeting you!

Another quick check-in from the World! Weather has been above average warm, but not unbearable given it's been breezy. Expecting rain tomorrow and Friday. Made it to rope drop at AK this morning and rode EE three times in less than 15 minutes. We hit Starbucks to people watch before coming back to the room. We've been making a conscious effort to not be so commando this trip, and we feel so relaxed. It helps we're here an entire week. When we got back, we discovered that a concierge now exists in the VWL lobby. His name is Kirk, and his hours are 7-3 with a break for lunch around noon. He has access to the entire system via Sturdy Branches computer, so he can work with you on ADRs, FPs, et.al. He even said he could check you in upon arrival! Now, we love walking into the main lobby first thing; however, it's nice to know that currently there is another option.

Finally, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, FRANANDAJ!! :bday: HOPE IT'S A GREAT ONE!

The first one is 5 May sometime after dinner. We have an AP reservation at 5:30, so doubt we'll make it to TOWL before 7:30-7:45. I'm sure others will be there earlier. I believe the plan is to meet and chat before enjoying Wishes right there in TOWL. Look forward to meeting you!

Another quick check-in from the World! Weather has been above average warm, but not unbearable given it's been breezy. Expecting rain tomorrow and Friday. Made it to rope drop at AK this morning and rode EE three times in less than 15 minutes. We hit Starbucks to people watch before coming back to the room. We've been making a conscious effort to not be so commando this trip, and we feel so relaxed. It helps we're here an entire week. When we got back, we discovered that a concierge now exists in the VWL lobby. His name is Kirk, and his hours are 7-3 with a break for lunch around noon. He has access to the entire system via Sturdy Branches computer, so he can work with you on ADRs, FPs, et.al. He even said he could check you in upon arrival! Now, we love walking into the main lobby first thing; however, it's nice to know that currently there is another option.

Glad you're having a great time Sleepy. Kirk is great (we love how dramatic he is); we've dealt with him many times over the years. It's wonderful that he is stationed to the Villas for the time being.

Thanks for the brunch review Sly! I agree that the price is on the high side. Not something I would do if I didn't have TIW discount. I too thought the sticky buns were fabulous. I liked the cheddar scone too. I also had the same entree as you. I enjoyed it very much. I would definitely do the brunch again (with the discount). I actually have it booked for this coming weekend but still debating if I'll keep it or not. I may put it off until Oct. I want to try the blueberry pancakes next time. Those looked really good.

Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Yucky, stormy weather last night here in South Alabama. Was worried about my commute this morning across the bridge to work with the weather. Monday morning teacher stuff today, totally forgot until 7:00 tonight to book my Easter reservation at the World. Thankfully, I still was able to book my 1 bedroom at VWL (yes I still call it that)for the week. I'm not sure if there was really any reason to really worry that it would already be booked, but it wasn't an issue. Really would have liked to get a 2 bedroom, but those premier season points are just killing me. I don't really want my kids to be gone from the house, but I do look forward to the day that we are no longer tied to a school schedule for our trips. Won't know until much later this fall if DD21 will be joining us for that trip or not, all depends on her application to grad school.

Just curious, anyone here buy an extra contract or two to supplement their current usage costs? I by no means want to get into the rental business, but I was looking at some resale contracts the other day and wondering if I bought one now and just rented/transferred the points for the first several years to take care of the dues and payment costs, then I would have more points to use when I retire in a few years and maybe a little more renting to cover costs of passes and such each year. Just thinking out loud. Haven't really put much pen and paper work to it(I'm a history teacher, not math). Not sure if it would be doable or not.

A few more pictures from my trip:

Epcot Flower and Garden was beautiful as always! It's long been a favorite time of mine to visit.

20170421_154321_zpsh12rkehd.jpg

20170422_073725_zps2l0lr5pa.jpg

20170422_073800_zpsk7trfqbw.jpg

The day of the 10K race we once again rested for awhile after returning to VGF as the 3am wake up was awfully early after the 3:30am wake up the morning before! Although honestly those times might have been a bit easier for me as it was like getting up at midnight pacific time which I'm often still up for anyway. :laughing: We eventually headed into MK for a late lunch I had reserved for us at BOG although first used our FP for 7DMT. It was my cousins first ride on it as was dining at BOG and we thoroughly enjoyed both. At BOG I had what I've always gotten there for lunch - braised pork coq au vin style - and it was as good as it's been in the past. My cousin got the Quinoa salad and said it also was very good. Being tracked by the MB's for the food delivery though was a bit....disconcerting. After that we were off to Peter Pan where I learned that was also a first for my cousin! She's visited with us before so I'm not certain how we missed it with her before but we got it checked off the to do list. After getting off PP we noticed a short line for the Carousel and figured our tired legs wanted to propel us up to the top of the horses and we chose the highest possible. lol This was my mighty steed:

20170422_152956_zpss8kugixi.jpg

Late afternoon we headed to DHS to meet up with my cousin's nephews wife and kids. They had gotten replacement FP's for Toy Story so we rode that then some of the group went on ToT before we headed off to secure a place to view the Star Wars fireworks. After those ended it was off to the buses and we experienced a major fail. 35-40 minutes and no bus as other locations saw multiple buses and there were already people waiting when we arrived at the stop. One bus did roll in with Poly/GF listed after 20 minutes or so but continued past to the CR stop which was right next to us. A few people went over and the bus driver finally claimed that his sign was stuck....I still think he went to the wrong stop. :rolleyes: Eventually someone went to the CM that was watching a cross walk area who contacted transportation and we finally got a bus and managed to squish a little over 1/2 of the people waiting. I hope they got another bus there soon after we left. We had been hoping to get to bed fairly early as my cousin had an MDE pick up of 6:15 am the next morning - up early again! Upon arrival back at the room we found that Trash and towel service had left a little surprised for us:

20170422_224225_zpsmwbgyjbu.jpg

20170422_224238_zps3s9t8ewv.jpg

Powerade and granola bars - A nice touch!

So I was awake at 5:30 am and while my cousin finished packing her last items and getting ready I sat out on the balcony and caught the multiple fireworks that came with the start of the 1/2 Marathon from the MK parking lot. It was also very easy to hear the announcer!

20170423_062321_zpsn5x3ua7f.jpg

I waved good bye to my cousin at 6 and stayed up long enough to get a couple of photos. It wasn't the most brilliant early morning but here they are:

20170423_064511_zpscnvtd8wk.jpg

20170423_064618_zpsvmbuig5k.jpg

20170423_064636_zpsq8kgi7yr.jpg

Four days until our one-way trip to Orlando and WDW! We've moved in with my eldest daughter while the packers pack us today and tomorrow, and move our goods on Thursday. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, our cat hates moving in with my eldest and is stuck in a bedroom until we fly to FL. She'll be carry-on luggage and fit underneath the seat in front of us. It should be an interesting 2+ hour flight. Meow, meow, meow, me....

Latest posts

facebook twitter