VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 14 June 2024

Wishing all of our Groupie's a very Happy New Year! May health and prosperity be yours in 2017!

DDad has been on vacation all week..... It' going to be tough going back to the humdrum of work next week. I've enjoyed having him home. Gives us a glimpse of what retirement will look like :)

So nice to see you teapot! Sounds like you had a busy Christmas! You need a vacation :) D Daughter and I are headed south Feb 5-10, want to join us?

thanks Kat...We'll have 2 wait n see....I have a couple weeks before my 7 mos. window, so hopefully yes..
I am here now. Sitting in GF Cafe. Waiting for supper. Watching them work on the superstructure for the boulders around pool. Personally I don't see the pool open by June - July window. Maybe wrong but it seems doubtful.

Speaking of boulders. Walked through courtyard and down steps past water fall. Technically they do have boulders there. One actually tunnels through it going down to pool. Not saying I like the scheme on our side but it is a precedent.

It does appear there is a pinkish cabin. From the boat ride it looks like finished product siding. It would suck if they tell you that you're in pink cabin for a 130 points a night.

Fireworks show tonight. Whoohoo!!

Over supper we are debating how many appearances Jack Sparrow makes on pirates Caribbean ride. I say three. Does anyone know with any degree of certainty?

I am here now. Sitting in GF Cafe. Waiting for supper. Watching them work on the superstructure for the boulders around pool. Personally I don't see the pool open by June - July window. Maybe wrong but it seems doubtful.

Speaking of boulders. Walked through courtyard and down steps past water fall. Technically they do have boulders there. One actually tunnels through it going down to pool. Not saying I like the scheme on our side but it is a precedent.

It does appear there is a pinkish cabin. From the boat ride it looks like finished product siding. It would suck if they tell you that you're in pink cabin for a 130 points a night.

Fireworks show tonight. Whoohoo!!

Slow down on the grog...You're all over the place...LoL:drinking1
Thanks for the update though.:thumbsup2

I don't drink alcohol. If I did I would really be off the rails. Thanks for looking out for me though.

Hi Greg! What a fantastic way to send off the old year. Enjoy your evening!

Regarding POTC, I count three times that Jack appears: Once just past the pirates Dunking the Mayor Game, Once hiding in a barrel, and finally in the treasure room.

I'm thinking about the cost to create boulders verses the cost to plant trees. It seems to me that trees would have been the less expensive route to go, and I've heard that there are plans to plant plenty of trees again once they're done. So my hope is they're knocking this one out of the park. Side note: I was looking at all those tubes coming up out of the pool, and wonder if the plan is to make the pool feel river-like.

Over supper we are debating how many appearances Jack Sparrow makes on pirates Caribbean ride. I say three. Does anyone know with any degree of certainty?
Fairly certain only three times for Jack Sparrow on POTC: hiding in the shadows near the dunking well, popping up from the barrel behind the pirate with a map, and then at the treasure room toward the end.

KAT had some great advice, especially regarding FPs. I also agree that SM at DL is way-y-y smoother than the one at the World. I do the one at WDW but brace myself; the one at DL requires no such effort. As for Carthay Circle, we enjoyed that restaurant quite a bit. The food was very good, and service was solid. Our only negative was that we were seated quite close to a servers' station so it stayed very busy and noisy our entire meal. Doing the package means you won't have to wait so long in line for WoC, though as I recall, it is still first-come, first-seated (so to speak as it's all standing). WoC was one of our very favorite things, and I'm sure you'll love it. Lots of fine places to eat, and that includes DTD which is right there. If you enjoy Tex-Mex, Tortilla Jo's does a table side guacamole that is superb! There's a Starbucks near the DTD entrance to GCH. The Mickey beignets at the Mint Julep Bar are very tasty. Rancho del Zocalo near BTMR has excellent, house-made pico de gallo. Redd Rocket's has fresh, crisp salads and tasty pasta. Wine Country Trattoria has a good wine list and also excellent pasta selections (makes a great place for lunch, and if you're lucky, you can sit outside and watch a parade go by). In short, you won't want for good places to eat. I'm excited for you!
Thank you so much for all of the advice!!

Happy Birthday Eliza!!!!
Happy New Year Groupies!!!!

Last edited:
Hey All! I know I have seen a few posts every so often about a groupie meet in Dec 2017(maybe Dec 8). Just wondering for those folks going in Dec., what dates are you looking at booking, and where are you hoping to stay? We are leaning strongly towards booking VWL Dec. 4-10.

Hey All! I know I have seen a few posts every so often about a groupie meet in Dec 2017(maybe Dec 8). Just wondering for those folks going in Dec., what dates are you looking at booking, and where are you hoping to stay? We are leaning strongly towards booking VWL Dec. 4-10.

Jimmy...just starting to work on the December trip, but I'm thinking maybe December 5-13 or so. It might slide back a day or two but would definitely include December 8 if that's where people are leaning.

Jimmy...just starting to work on the December trip, but I'm thinking maybe December 5-13 or so. It might slide back a day or two but would definitely include December 8 if that's where people are leaning.
Cool!

facebook twitter