VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 14 June 2024

Anybody gonna be at WDW this next week? If so I hope the weather won't be too bad.

We are 2 weeks away
Watching the reports a lot closer these days
Normally by mid Oct most of the tropical storms will fizzle out
It seems this year they are running a bit behind and the bad ones are flaring up later than normal
Our friends Will (wfc4life)and Liz (sechem32)are there until Fri
Fingers crossing and prayers to Him for their safety

As has been pointed out on other sites (and likely somewhere on the Dis, too), while the weather may hamper doing much at WDW during a storm or hurricane, there are few better places to be as Disney was built to withstand the storms and takes care of its guests. Safe travels to all.

@AlldayIdreamaboutDisney, I just read on Disney Tourist Blog that during Hurricane Dorian, Disney posted this:

1664214065909.png

I know that they evacuate guests staying at the campground due to risk of flooding, and move them to hotel rooms if they're not able to cancel and leave. I don't know if they also move guests from these other locations or not. Seems like a possibility, worth an inquiry.

@AlldayIdreamaboutDisney, I just read on Disney Tourist Blog that during Hurricane Dorian, Disney posted this:

View attachment 705441

I know that they evacuate guests staying at the campground due to risk of flooding, and move them to hotel rooms if they're not able to cancel and leave. I don't know if they also move guests from these other locations or not. Seems like a possibility, worth an inquiry.
Gosh! I hope not we have a party of 6. To stuff us all in a room or two would be interesting. So far no news is good news. Hoping all goes smoothly and this storm keeps further west.

View attachment 705441

I'm fairly certain those resorts indicated are under watch for potential upheaval due to the nature of the accommodations and potential for injury to guests.

Example: I was in a cabin at Fort Wilderness when a hurricane hit back in 2004. Everyone in the campground, campers and cabin guests alike were moved over to Port Orleans (and upcharged for the pleasure). We accidently left my son's medication behind in a cabinet and after the hurricane passed went back to the campground to retrieve it. A troop of kind cast members trekked all the way down to the cabin for us. (I felt so bad to make them do this.) When they returned over an hour later they had pictures for us of the trees down all over the roadways and on some cabins. They walked the entire way there and back as it was impassable by cart.

FW: see above
CC cabins are surrounded by trees, and on the edge of the water.
Treehouse villas are surrounded by trees.
Poly Bungalows are very exposed and over the water. Also wondering if those walkways are safe in high winds/rain.

Last edited:
Welp - as a contrast to my FW/WL walking path unhappy post a couple of days ago I just saw the post on pictures that are in the new Disney files. I am very satisfied they did not "sanitize" the feel too much if at all. The character may be a bit different but it seems to be there in abundance. Looking forward to seeing some photos soon from the rooms themselves to see things even better! It appears that they were able to retain things we saw in the test room from oh so long ago.

Welp - as a contrast to my FW/WL walking path unhappy post a couple of days ago I just saw the post on pictures that are in the new Disney files. I am very satisfied they did not "sanitize" the feel too much if at all. The character may be a bit different but it seems to be there in abundance. Looking forward to seeing some photos soon from the rooms themselves to see things even better! It appears that they were able to retain things we saw in the test room from oh so long ago.
i am happy as well. It is fun! They really spent so much time on the details which is what makes me love Disney. Excited to enjoy for years to come.

We are currently here staying in the Cascade Cabins. Watching the weather closely! Stocked up for a hurricane party, but would rather be out and about

Have they contacted you yet? Where will they send you?

DisneyWorld.com/weather has updated info. It says:

"Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground, Copper Creek Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, Treehouse Villas at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa and the Bungalows at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort will temporarily close Wednesday, Sept. 28 through Friday, Sept. 30 due to the weather. We are contacting Guests with current and upcoming reservations."

Hoping for the best. My friends live in Punta Gorda so are right in the path. If any of you remember Stopher from a while back he is in Orlando right now on business. Should be quite the adventure. Just saw the parks are closed Wednesday and Thursday. Disney Springs is closed Wednesday and possibly Thursday too.

Hoping for the best. My friends live in Punta Gorda so are right in the path. If any of you remember Stopher from a while back he is in Orlando right now on business. Should be quite the adventure. Just saw the parks are closed Wednesday and Thursday. Disney Springs is closed Wednesday and possibly Thursday too.
Our friends Will and Liz are with Stopher on that trip
Liz works under Stopher as a travel agent
Praying for all of them for their safety

First Look At Boulder Ridge Refurbished Villa Design

No specific timeline is provided for the renovations. Four rooms are currently being modified on the fourth and fifth floors of the resort. Work will occur in "waves" with the first set of rooms available by winter 2023. The full project is not set to wrap-up until spring 2023.

345FD222-8A99-4F03-8164-4D3A346C3621.jpeg

1664474981039.jpeg

1664474994915.jpeg

1664475008695.jpeg

1664475024147.jpeg

facebook twitter