VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 14 June 2024

I immediately came here after seeing that one photo from D23. I really hope the colors are not how they appear in that photo. I will reserve judgment until better photos are released, but I can’t help worrying that everything I love about the villas may be gone.
Getting ready for my ADRs this week. Taking 3 year-old granddaughter on her first trip. Staying at Kidani for the first time. Wish a November discount would come out, but feeling doubtful. My only “discount” is buying Dis Gift cards every time I order online from Target!
Hope everyone is doing well. Doing a lot of childcare at my age wears me out and my Dis activity is way down. (basically I post a picture on PotD and that’s it)
I do miss hanging out here though. Thanks for being a constant!

I popped by today after seeing a picture from D23 on FB today of the studio refurb. And not a peep from the groupies on their thoughts???
I look forward to seeing some better pictures. Bummed about the white walls but they seem to be keeping unique elements so you're not confused you're at the Beach Club or something like that.
Haven't seen the pictures. Where are they?

I'm so excited about some of the announcements. Hatbox Ghost at WDW!!!!!!! Also Figment meet and greet, Duffy series on Disney+, expansion of Avengers campus and Big Hero 6 area at DCA. My only wish is that they would have announced that they are going ahead with Mary Poppins. I wonder what the new Epcot night time show means. Are they getting rid of the monstrosities in the middle of the lake? I can't imagine they would after spending so much time and money on it.

@jimmytammy , thank you, I try. I learned something from my sister when she lived on Grove St in Haddonfield NJ. Her second floor balcony faced the busy road and she was at eye level with wires, and I asked her how could she stand that view. She mentioned that she just doesn’t see the wires. I think about that a lot, and when we had the Dumpster view, I looked to the trees primarily, and saw the birds.

Nancy is my younger sister, just turning 70 this week. The balcony incident was probably 40 years ago. I have learned a lot from my sister, she’s my very best friend.
We live a town over from Haddonfield!! My Father actually graduated from there, I have his class ring. How fantastic to see this pop up. Currently we reside in Voorhees.

Haven't seen the pictures. Where are they?

This is the photo that was taken by Brian Kowalenko at D23

boulder-ridge-villas-new-dvc-rooms-jpeg.701006

Oh no! Oh don't like it at all. Where is the lodge charm?! Ugh. I showed DH and he said it doesn't look like a lodge. Who is supposed to be walking across the log?
I'm not positive about the characters on the log but I think it might be Huey, Dewey and Louie?

I'm hoping that the picture is just really bad in portraying the actual colors used.

It is Huey, Dewey, and Louie, and this same shot can be found in other resorts on the Murphy bed as it is here. This is part of the "cut costs" movement at DVC--share the same picture in this case.
Oh no.
So what other parts of this design are recycled?
I like the carpet and looking to the right, the drapes might hold promise if we could see them.

I don't care for the mixed wood tones. VWL should have dark woods in my opinion. And the Red/White/Blue on the headboard had better be a camera issue and not reality as it matches nothing else. As @matt and beth said, it echos of "bad dorm room".

Here are some other images that show light and varied wood tones at WL with (IMO) beautiful results. Enjoy.

1663007492093.png

1663008152450.jpeg

1663008736387.jpeg

Even the end table and sofa table in the CC Cabins have different finishes. I remain hopeful that the BRV/VWL reno will be gorgeous!!! :)

Here are some other images that show light and varied wood tones at WL with (IMO) beautiful results.
Mixed light/dark woods in a single pattern are fine. I have a floor like that I adore.

I'm going to just sit back and stay amused by this. These designs are temporary, the next iteration will be better, or worse.

Here are some other images that show light and varied wood tones at WL with (IMO) beautiful results. Enjoy.

View attachment 701826

View attachment 701831

View attachment 701835

Even the end table and sofa table in the CC Cabins have different finishes. I remain hopeful that the BRV/VWL reno will be gorgeous!!! :)

Mixed woods are fine if done right. Will have to see but it looks off in the picture - like they tried to match the picture frame to the headboard and came close but not quite and kind of similar with the murphy/sofa bed. The pictures you show it's obvious it was a design choice for complimentary tones vs failure in matching which is the impression I currently get of the refurb pic. I did just notice that the murphy bed may have a bit of a log or rustic/rough finish to it which is better than the laminate I originally thought it was at 1st glance. At least that's if I'm seeing it correctly now.
Parts of the refurb remind me of the decor of WL hotel rooms prior to their latest refurb.

Everything in that picture is nit as it seems. If you look to the right if the Murphy bed, there is actually a pattern on the wall. If you look over the bed, same pattern. So it looks like there may be wall paper on the wall with the beds, but the lights are so bright, it washes it out. I also highly suspect that the red and blues on the head board are going to more closely align with colors of the couch and curtain in real life. I'm guessing they want to show the rooms are bright, but in doing so, caused poor coloring of other things, especially the bed headboard.

facebook twitter