VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 14 June 2024

Where do you see that? I assume you mean direct from DVC? Looking at a popular resale site, I see that VWL is below typical "bigger ticket" resorts such as BLT, Poly, and BCV, but in line with AK, OKW, and SSR. Overall, it appears the market has cooled a bit as the prices seem depressed. I suspect that between the pandemic, Disney's restrictions on resales since RIV was built, and the continued ramping up of ticket prices, experiences, and the controversial Genie+, the headlong jump off the cliff into DVC ownership may be experiencing a slow down. Just anecdotal, of course. pirate:
Yes, I did mean to put direct. (I edited the original post)
I see the same as you described as well.
Just sad to see BRV/VWL not get the same direct price maybe due to the delayed refurb.
Now BRV/VWL is the smallest DVC resort at WDW though!

Last edited:
Yes, I did mean to put direct. (I edited the original post)
I see the same as you described as well.
Just sad to see BRV not get the same direct price maybe due to the delayed refurb.
Now BRV is the smallest DVC resort at WDW though!
Yes, I did mean to mention that not having a recent refurbishment is also likely tamping down prices at VWL, as well. Not many want to buy into a tired furnishings resort unless they have been after that resort for a long time. I also believe that the older resorts will begin to decline soon as they continue to creep toward that end of the 50-year contract which for VWL is 2042.

Yes, I did mean to mention that not having a recent refurbishment is also likely tamping down prices at VWL, as well. Not many want to buy into a tired furnishings resort unless they have been after that resort for a long time. I also believe that the older resorts will begin to decline soon as they continue to creep toward that end of the 50-year contract which for VWL is 2042.
Even with all of that, VWL/BRV is still my favorite WDW resort :teeth:

It's a sign they are never going to refurb.

Jk

Kind of

I think its time for another revolt at our VWL. Remember how we were going to revolt when they were breaking ground on the cabins and taking down those beloved trees, tearing up the nature trail(Sorry I got that started back up Luv, for Sleepy its a sore subject)etc.

Now, lets get out our hard hats and show up with tools and such and demand we get started on the refurb :teeth:

Last edited:
I think its time for another revolt at our VWL. Remember how we were going to revolt when they were breaking ground on the cabins and taking down those beloved trees, tearing up the nature trail(Sorry I got that started back up Luv, for Sleepy its a sore subject)etc.

Now, lets get out our hard hats and show up with tools and such and demand we get started on the refurb

I'm in!

So we are about 5 weeks out from our first trip in 2 1/2 years. We are getting pretty fired up about it, but now I realize I've got to figure out the ticket situation. For one of our cancelled trips last year, we bought 6-Day park hopper tickets for my daughter and son-in-law. We had assigned them to them in My Disney Experience.

Now it's just Mrs. Granny and I and I wanted to use these 6 day passes rather than activate our AP's. But MDE says the tickets are already assigned and I was unable to change them. Is this something I just have to do at Guest Services when I get there? Or are they going to give me a hard time because the tickets were already assigned to DD and her husband but they never went to WDW?

This is very likely to be our only trip before late next year, so we really don't want to activate our Gold AP's we've been sitting on for a while. Anyone else have this issue and can share how they resolved it? Thanks so much!

So we are about 5 weeks out from our first trip in 2 1/2 years. We are getting pretty fired up about it, but now I realize I've got to figure out the ticket situation. For one of our cancelled trips last year, we bought 6-Day park hopper tickets for my daughter and son-in-law. We had assigned them to them in My Disney Experience.

Now it's just Mrs. Granny and I and I wanted to use these 6 day passes rather than activate our AP's. But MDE says the tickets are already assigned and I was unable to change them. Is this something I just have to do at Guest Services when I get there? Or are they going to give me a hard time because the tickets were already assigned to DD and her husband but they never went to WDW?

This is very likely to be our only trip before late next year, so we really don't want to activate our Gold AP's we've been sitting on for a while. Anyone else have this issue and can share how they resolved it? Thanks so much!

That is because it is past the days they were purchased for I believe. You need to call in to have them switched to your new dates anyway and then you should be able to reassign or perhaps the CM who does the ticket update will be able to do it while you're talking to them.

Be prepared for a long hold. My niece struggled with holds, call backs and dropped calls last month to update their tickets from Jan to April. Once she finally got thru it was no problem.

I can't tell you how annoying these date specific tickets are when they don't have enough CMs to support changes. 😕

That is because it is past the days they were purchased for I believe. You need to call in to have them switched to your new dates anyway and then you should be able to reassign or perhaps the CM who does the ticket update will be able to do it while you're talking to them.

Be prepared for a long hold. My niece struggled with holds, call backs and dropped calls last month to update their tickets from Jan to April. Once she finally got thru it was no problem.

I can't tell you how annoying these date specific tickets are when they don't have enough CMs to support changes. 😕

Kathy…thank you so much! I didn’t know they could do this over the phone. Are you talking about Member Services or some other number? You’re right, I originally had them assigned to last October and now want to switch dates and people using them. I really appreciate the fast response.

Disney is changing so many things so quickly, I really feel like a newbie these days instead of a 24 year WDW veteran. :crazy2:

Does anyone know why I am not able to book my ADR’s? I thought resort guests could book 60 + 10 days out? I booked a stay that begins on June 4. I think it must mean you can book @ 60 days, for up to 10 days of your stay? I was probably interpreting it incorrectly.

Last edited:
Does anyone know why I am not able to book my ADR’s? I thought resort guests could book 60 + 10 days out? I booked a stay that begins on June 4. I think it must mean you can book @ 60 days, for up to 10 days of your stay? I was probably interpreting it incorrectly.
Yes, it means that at 60 days before checkin, you can book for the length of your stay, up to 10 days.

Kathy…thank you so much! I didn’t know they could do this over the phone. Are you talking about Member Services or some other number? You’re right, I originally had them assigned to last October and now want to switch dates and people using them. I really appreciate the fast response.

Disney is changing so many things so quickly, I really feel like a newbie these days instead of a 24 year WDW veteran. :crazy2:

Member Services cannot do a think with it. :( You need to call Disney ticketing. Looks like this is a number for them:
Existing Tickets
(407) 934-7639

Hey everyone! Hope you are all having a good weekend. We are at 11 days out from our quick 2 day Disneyland trip. Think we have everything ready.
Got a little question for you all. With the exception of the Lodge, if you could decorate a part of your house like something from WDW what would it be? It can be a ride or resort. For me I think I would have a kitchen like 50's Prime Time and I would do a den or something like that like the Haunted Mansion.

Hey everyone! Hope you are all having a good weekend. We are at 11 days out from our quick 2 day Disneyland trip. Think we have everything ready.
Got a little question for you all. With the exception of the Lodge, if you could decorate a part of your house like something from WDW what would it be? It can be a ride or resort. For me I think I would have a kitchen like 50's Prime Time and I would do a den or something like that like the Haunted Mansion.

I saw pictures from someone who did a home theater with Pirates of the Caribbean decor. :thumbsup2

Have fun at DL!

facebook twitter