VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 14 June 2024

Except for Wednesday, when I’m heading away from WDW to visit friend, and Saturday when we arrive, do you want to pick a day and show time? Well, I just remembered we have dessert party on Monday.

That leaves Sunday and Tuesday. Do either work for you?

February 8 is Tuesday

Kissy Simmons (The Lion King) and Michael James Scott (Aladdin)

• February 8

I just read your dates, so Sunday and Tuesday would work for you!
:goodvibes

Thanks to the Orange County comments I looked up VA. I figured with over 100 counties, there must be an OC and there is! When we used to drive to WDW, I remember thinking there must be so many VA counties because the signs telling us we were leaving and entering them seem to go by so quickly. Having grown up in NY, I was used to much larger counties.

Except for Wednesday, when I’m heading away from WDW to visit friend, and Saturday when we arrive, do you want to pick a day and show time? Well, I just remembered we have dessert party on Monday.

That leaves Sunday and Tuesday.
I could do either of those days. Both days we have ADR's at 5. I think we could do either 6:45 or 8. We can do the 8th if you want but I'm ok with either

The Aladdin person is there on Tuesday. Let’s say Tuesday.
I think 6:45 show will work fine.!

Last edited:
Orange County, Texas, is known for.....petrochemicals.

But, when I was growing up, my Mom worked in the research labs at Union Oil Research Center in Brea, Orange County, California.

Orange County, Texas, is known for.....petrochemicals.

But, when I was growing up, my Mom worked in the research labs at Union Oil Research Center in Brea, Orange County, California.
I remember that place well. When we were kids, it was so space-age with the mid-century modern brushed aluminum and tan brick buildings, and the giant "76" logo. It was so cool looking, set back from the road with its guard shacks and high-tech research campus feel. It was also out there, surrounded by nothing but orange groves and oil fields (and the Brea Olinda dump). All gone now, and a residential development.

Yep, that's the place. She was the first woman in a lab for a major oil company, and was featured in a magazine ad in the 1960s when "Women's Lib" was the big thing. She retired in the late 1970s after 35 years with the company. Before they built the Brea facility, the Research division was a small building at the Wilmington refinery. She was in catalytic research.

Last edited:
Hi all! We had our first stay at the Wilderness Lodge in Nov and we were hooked. The decor, the feel, the layout, just everything was great. We came home and started looking for a DVC contract and today we finally passed ROFR. Before this trip we had only been to Artist Point for dinner, our friend used to be a sous chef there. Looking forward to many trips in the years to come. Any tips would be greatly appreciated or do's and don't, please send them our way.

Hi all! We had our first stay at the Wilderness Lodge in Nov and we were hooked. The decor, the feel, the layout, just everything was great. We came home and started looking for a DVC contract and today we finally passed ROFR. Before this trip we had only been to Artist Point for dinner, our friend used to be a sous chef there. Looking forward to many trips in the years to come. Any tips would be greatly appreciated or do's and don't, please send them our way.
Congratulations!!

Welcome to the thread and reading this I just remembered how much we loved eating at Artist Point!

Congratulation on your purchase!

Welcome, KVacc! You've definitely been bitten by the WL moose fairy, or I should say, sprinkled with Moose dust. Yes, the Lodge is the warmest, most inviting resort at all of the World, and for most people, once you've stayed there, you can hardly wait to go back. Congrats on passing ROFR! Now, pull up a rocker, grab your favorite libation, and "set a spell!"

KVacc Congratulations! We have owned points at the Lodge for 20 years, but have never eaten at Artist Point. I guess someday we will have to do that, even though it's not quite the same anymore.

There is no Orange County in Alabama, but we have Orange Beach (which is right next to the better known Gulf Shores). We are camping at Gulf State park this weekend, and taking part in the Big Beach Marathon. Not marathon running this weekend though, just doing a 7k. Looks to below freezing Saturday morning, so I can't say that I'm looking forward to it. Thankfully it will be sunny.

Coming up on our 60 day mark for our March trip. Still no news on AP's. I just don't get it. :(

KVacc Congratulations! We have owned points at the Lodge for 20 years, but have never eaten at Artist Point. I guess someday we will have to do that, even though it's not quite the same anymore.

There is no Orange County in Alabama, but we have Orange Beach (which is right next to the better known Gulf Shores). We are camping at Gulf State park this weekend, and taking part in the Big Beach Marathon. Not marathon running this weekend though, just doing a 7k. Looks to below freezing Saturday morning, so I can't say that I'm looking forward to it. Thankfully it will be sunny.

Coming up on our 60 day mark for our March trip. Still no news on AP's. I just don't get it. :(
My version of a 7K is 7 Krispy Kreme donuts! :D

Just so the Groupies know, I do believe it is someone's birthday who regularly visits this Thread, a long-time, original Groupie (I believe this person Joined at the very beginning of The original thread). So, if this particular Groupie is sipping a cup of Java Today and happens upon this note, then
:bday: !!!!!

Just so the Groupies know, I do believe it is someone's birthday who regularly visits this Thread, a long-time, original Groupie (I believe this person Joined at the very beginning of The original thread). So, if this particular Groupie is sipping a cup of Java Today and happens upon this note, then
:bday: !!!!!

Ah, the old code in the birthday message trick! (Spoken as Don Adams on Get Smart). Nicely done, Sleepy!

And :bday: to that mystery Groupie! May your day be full of Moose Dust moments!

Latest posts

facebook twitter