VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

If I understand it correctly, Starwind is booking a cash stay at Wilderness Lodge. Disney's cash reservation system has different booking criteria than the booking criteria used by DVC. For example, at Animal Kingdom Lodge, cash guests staying in a DVC villa can pay a premium and be guaranteed a villa overlooking the Arusha Savanna. For DVC members using points the Arusha Savanna can be requested but is not guaranteed.

We can quibble about the inequities between the cash reservation system and the DVC reservation system. But I think the DVC Guides are giving us accurate information about the booking categories at Copper Creek.

Yes, I understand she's booking a cash stay, but it hardly seems right to tell a cash paying guest they can book & guarantee a tub but a DVC member cannot. Pay a hefty $176/pt for the privilege of owning CCV, but we won't let you book a room with a tub? That's going to open a big can of ugly IMO from members that need a tub because they have small children. I guess we'll see what shows up on the member site when booking opens to everyone.

It's interesting that Cash folk are able to reserve these rooms so early and they're not even declared into inventory yet. Of course I've never know exactly how the relationship between DVC and Cash works anyway.

It's interesting that Cash folk are able to reserve these rooms so early and they're not even declared into inventory yet. Of course I've never know exactly how the relationship between DVC and Cash works anyway.

It's the rooms that aren't declared into inventory that are likely the cash bookings now. So, the majority of rooms booked at CCV for awhile will be cash customers.

As I understand, once they are declared into inventory then they start following the DVC rules - trades, breakage etc.

It's the rooms that aren't declared into inventory that are likely the cash bookings now. So, the majority of rooms booked at CCV for awhile will be cash customers.

As I understand, once they are declared into inventory then they start following the DVC rules - trades, breakage etc.
That makes a bit of sense, although I still have much to learn :D Thank you!

Yes, I understand she's booking a cash stay, but it hardly seems right to tell a cash paying guest they can book & guarantee a tub but a DVC member cannot. Pay a hefty $176/pt for the privilege of owning CCV, but we won't let you book a room with a tub? That's going to open a big can of ugly IMO from members that need a tub because they have small children. I guess we'll see what shows up on the member site when booking opens to everyone.
Just us - congrats WDW. Sandy and I have the PERFECT DVC Home Resort. Already booked - April and Nov 2017 at BRV.
Now - we also get that you have a problem.... as the Majority Point Owners at CCV? You need to rent this stuff and make money to cover your costs. Until someone steps up and BUYS here.

A hint: The IKEA interiors will not help you in this crusade. Fortunately? Not our Monkey, Not our Circus. We love our EXISTING contract at BRV. Leave the CONTRACT alone.... and we will all be happy.

Well isn't that interesting. It would be so nice if we could actually get accurate information from guides. :mad: I specifically asked if this would be a bookable category & was told no it would be by request only. I think it's great it's a bookable category. Will cut way down on frustration from guests that want or need a tub but really. You'd think since it's their job to sell the resorts they'd know these things. :headache:

Will be looking forward to your review. Although given it's not until Dec. someone else from this thread will likely stay there before that.

I booked a cash stay via the Disney (resorts) website, so it is entirely possible the guide was actually correct in that for the CCV studios booked on points there is only one category and tub or shower is just a request. In contrast, when booking cash as a "resort hotel room" from Disney, the studios come in two varieties -- one of which is "with walk-in shower".

SW

If I understand it correctly, Starwind is booking a cash stay at Wilderness Lodge. Disney's cash reservation system has different booking criteria than the booking criteria used by DVC. For example, at Animal Kingdom Lodge, cash guests staying in a DVC villa can pay a premium and be guaranteed a villa overlooking the Arusha Savanna. For DVC members using points the Arusha Savanna can be requested but is not guaranteed.

We can quibble about the inequities between the cash reservation system and the DVC reservation system. But I think the DVC Guides are giving us accurate information about the booking categories at Copper Creek.

Correct, I booked a cash stay.

SW

I wonder if perhaps it is:

For cash stays the rooms are listed as Deluxe Studio, and as Deluxe Studio with Walk-in Shower.

The "Deluxe Studio" doesn't say you get a tub, it is silent on the issue.

It would be logical then that if one books a "Deluxe Studio with walk-in shower" that you get the shower (that is what we wanted, among other things being two adults), but perhaps if you book just "Deluxe Studio" you could get a tub or a shower and it would be just a request ?

Time will tell what DisneyLogic is....

SW

Edit: Was talking into my phone before Fantasmic last night, so, going back to do some correcting

Sorry folks for being so long replying about the Turf Club. We like the atmosphere, its very nicely done. The dislikes were we had a waitress who was very nice but not very attentive and the food in my opinion was subpar at best. Tammy and I both had a steak that was very fatty and extremely salty. We went at 8 o'clock so no problem about small children. We went based on friends back home very high opinions so I guess based on that we were overall disappointed.

Not bashing Saratoga Springs at all, we love the resort now. It has become among our favorites for sure. Our 1st stay here was less than stellar, it was still really new, so not much to offer, and bus service was slow in those days. Fast forward to a few yrs later, Dad and Di recommended where to ask for(Grandstand area), and we fell in love! We put basic same requests in this trip, and lo and behold, we got the exact same room, which we love the location, view of the golf course, top floor, in Grandstand:-)

As for the last two days we went to Magic Kingdom yesterday and had a great time and just finishing the day waiting for Fantasmic at Hollywood Studios. Cool thing we did, got our three fast passes, Rock 'n' Roller coaster, Tower of Terror and Star Tours and was able to add on a Toy Story Mania which was an added bonus to the day!

Today, we are headed to DS, give Morimoto Asia a try, then off to MK. Later, we are headed over to TOTWL to see Wishes for one last time before it goes away

Last edited:
I wonder if perhaps it is:

For cash stays the rooms are listed as Deluxe Studio, and as Deluxe Studio with Walk-in Shower.

The "Deluxe Studio" doesn't say you get a tub, it is silent on the issue.

It would be logical then that if one books a "Deluxe Studio with walk-in shower" that you get the shower (that is what we wanted, among other things being two adults), but perhaps if you book just "Deluxe Studio" you could get a tub or a shower and it would be just a request ?

Time will tell what DisneyLogic is....

SW
Unfortunately, what Disney has on its site for cash reservations is not necessarily applicable to DVC bookings using points.

The DVCmember website is now showing Copper Creek in its list of destinations. For Copper Creek, it lists a "Deluxe Studio" but makes no mention whether the studio comes with a tub or walk-in shower. There is link to the floor plans for the different accommodations at CCV and the studio floor plan shows a tub; there is no indication that some studios have only a walk-in shower.

The RAT is only showing one Studio category for booking. I'd assume that will transfer over to the booking tool also. So DVC does not get the guarantee, it will be a request.

And for anyone thinking of switching that first week of December it's already missing days in a studio. All other room types are still available at the moment.

Sorry folks for being so long replying about the turf club. we like the atmosphere very nice. the dislikes were we had a waitress Who was very nice but not very attentive and the food in my opinion was subpar at best. Tammy and I both had a steak that was very fatty and extremely salty. we went at 8 o'clock so no problem about Small children. We went based on friends back home very high opinions so I guess based on that we were overall disappointed. Not bashing Saratoga Springs at all we love the resort now.

As for the last two days we went to Magic Kingdom yesterday had a great time and just finishing the day waiting for phantasmic at Hollywood studios cool thing we did got our three fast passes rock 'n' roll a coaster Tower of terror and star tours and was able to add on a toy story mania which is an added bonus to the day

Jimmy - we ate at Turf Club once for dinner and considered it average. The service was fine but the food was just - average. I've often wondered if we should try it again as people keep calling it a hidden gem but I think we'll just leave our seats for others to enjoy. We did have lunch there back when the did that and enjoyed that meal.

Jimmy - Thanks for the low down on Turf Club.
Kat - We, too, have found the food at Turf Club to be average; never a disappointment but never a memorable event.

With so many years and trips to The World under our belts as DVC members, we have really gravitated away from the sit-downs and signature restaurants. There are a few that we try to hit during our stays, but have found a real freedom of just letting the day happen (no eating plans at least) and eating different counter services as we go. We always try the new offerings and restaurants at least once, but our days of sit down ADRs every day were left behind a couple of years ago. In the average 8-10 day stay, we might have 3 or 4 ADRs. With the understanding that we will be back within a few months, so many things can be put off until the "next visit to The World".

We always try the new offerings and restaurants at least once, but our days of sit down ADRs every day were left behind a couple of years ago. In the average 8-10 day stay, we might have 3 or 4 ADRs.

We have moved into that direction as well. One thing I noticed on my last trip was that it actually was not impossible to get a last minute ADR for many places either the day before or even day of. I think the credit card guarantee really helped in this regard. And we really enjoy to have trips with less planing and just doing whatever we feel like. We also started to go off property for some meals and really enjoyed those.

We also don't usually have a lot of ADRs for our trips. We tend to eat one sit down meal a day usually mid-afternoon. At that time of the day, we can usually get ADRs the day before with little issue.

We have never tried the Turf Club though we have heard many good reviews and the "hidden gem" description over the years. With the new restaurant offerings at Disney Springs, I don't know that we'll every try Turf Club unless we are staying at SSR at some point again. It's always disappointing to hear of meal quality inconsistency. I understand that different wait staff may have different quality levels, but the food should always be excellent.

We also don't usually have a lot of ADRs for our trips. We tend to eat one sit down meal a day usually mid-afternoon. At that time of the day, we can usually get ADRs the day before with little issue.

We should try that technique one time. Sounds like a top tip to me.

We still do ADRs, but far fewer than in the past. Most evenings, we do a TS, and to ensure we have a spot, we do reservations. However, some of the places we dine, such as Il Mulino, we use Open Table. We do more walkups than we used to do, and since we usually dine early, we rarely have issues. I do agree that most ADRs now seem a little easier to grab than a few years ago, except for the always-hard-to-get ones.

I've seen many posts recently on the use of the kitchen verses eating out. To me it sounds as though the majority of folk like the kitchen just for the large refrigerator.
I actually enjoy shopping and cooking on vacation. I will splurge on items I don't usually cook at home with time constraints on my day, and know I'm still saving money by doing so. The health factor also plays well into my reasoning for doing so. The allergy friendly menus are built for the common denominator allergens, which are on another planet from me.

Am I alone in cooking in more times than not? We do plan several eat out meals and of course use quick service simply for convenience in the parks.

I've seen many posts recently on the use of the kitchen verses eating out. To me it sounds as though the majority of folk like the kitchen just for the large refrigerator.
I actually enjoy shopping and cooking on vacation. I will splurge on items I don't usually cook at home with time constraints on my day, and know I'm still saving money by doing so. The health factor also plays well into my reasoning for doing so. The allergy friendly menus are built for the common denominator allergens, which are on another planet from me.

Am I alone in cooking in more times than not? We do plan several eat out meals and of course use quick service simply for convenience in the parks.
We've not cooked a lot while there, but we have plans to do more of that going forward now that we don't hit the parks like we used to. We've always had makings for a light lunch and/or a quick breakfast, but given how much most Disney eateries are charging for meals and how much we enjoy cooking, I see meals in the kitchen becoming much more common place for us.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter