VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

I'd love to know the inside story on why MO's is not allowed.....

Not 100% sure on that one but I think it goes back aways. And hello again! :wave:

So ready for this week to end, and I rarely say that. Short version: this is a remediation week for those students needing such, and the schedule in the afternoon gets terribly confusing. Add to that, the past three weeks have seen rampant sickness (flu particularly, stomach virus, and URIs), teachers and students and subs dropping like flies. We are limping to the end of the week. While I may be working next week, at least it will be sans students and teachers. Going to scrub the place and air it out, and I don't care if it's 30F outside!

You need one of these Patrick. :hug: And maybe a nice glass of Montepulciano d'Abruzzo later. ::yes::

Happy weekend groupie friends! party:

Leave the bottle . . .thanks.
No! She promised me first! Back off, Dad! :drinking1

You need one of these Patrick. :hug: And maybe a nice glass of Montepulciano d'Abruzzo later. ::yes::
Yes! To both. lol You know how when Brady was out he had Garoppolo? Remember when Romo went down, Prescott only wound up being the Rookie of the Year? Okay, we've had a Colt McCoy/Colin Kaepernick/Mark Sanchez/RGIII couple of weeks. . .:upsidedow

So ready for this week to end, and I rarely say that. Short version: this is a remediation week for those students needing such, and the schedule in the afternoon gets terribly confusing. Add to that, the past three weeks have seen rampant sickness (flu particularly, stomach virus, and URIs), teachers and students and subs dropping like flies. We are limping to the end of the week. While I may be working next week, at least it will be sans students and teachers. Going to scrub the place and air it out, and I don't care if it's 30F outside!
Ah...you work in a school, then? I am a first grade teacher. This has been a rough week. The kids had Monday off (teacher workday for us) then early release Wed and Thurs for parent-teacher conferences. You'd think less days/time would be good but it throws the students off so much, they are just out of whack! And the conferences just exhaust me. Oh and I had 7 out one day. So many sick kids......

Happy Birthday gabriellyn
Happy Birthday DisneyFreaks
Happy Birthday APiratesLifeForMe2
Sorry I am running late in the wishes.
Also welcome to all the newcomers that I have missed in the last week or so. Tax clients have been demanding lately and I have missed all of you.
Need some prayers from my groupies. I have had some issues in the last couple of weeks, as I tell the doctors, it sometimes feels like an elephant is sitting on my chest. Not that bad all the time, but uncomfortable at times.
Anyway, I have been sent to a cardiologist and will be facing a stress test next month. The nuclear one not the treadmill since I have the bone issue in my legs. I will admit I am a little nervous. I will keep y'all informed.

Great vibe last night G Point, wonderful with open walls on the lake. Sit down service was very nice. Salmon BLT done perfectly. Our group liked the crab cakes and bison as well as some tasty drinks.

Great addition.

Took an MK break there.

Just trying to catch up with the thread. I guess other teachers have it put together better than I. I don't seem to lurk much other than during breaks from school (thank you winter break also known as Mardi Gras in our area). Just shipped DD13 off to the world with friends this morning (so jealous), and DD20 will be at the world in 2 weeks with 3 college friends, courtesy of good ole Mom and Dad's DVC points. I get two measly days at OKW in April during Easter week. Just not enough...
I did see the news this morning about the estimated points for Copper Creek. I'm kind of surprised but relieved that they will be the same. I was afraid if the original was cheaper points than we might have a hard time booking our home. Showed DH the new Geyser Point video this morning and thought it looked nice. I'll be anxious to stay at our home when it is all finished and check out the new stuff. I think I'm still going to be bitter about the missing trees though. I had to call the MDE people last night to make sure that I had my daughter's ticket stuff straight since she is going to the world twice in 6 weeks. In the discussion with the guest services lady, it came up that we were DVC members. She mentioned about the name change to VWL. I told her that I was bitter about it and it would always be VWL to me! :rolleyes1 She was laughing about my craziness and said I should let DVC know about my unhappiness. I assured her they did not care about my view of the lake being replaced with the view of cabins. The are just happy to have more points to sell (see I'm still bitter). I know I'm in good company here though.
Congrats to WildernessDad on the job in Orlando. That's super exciting! Ok, I'm off to clean out a closet or something useful...

Kathy, best wishes and thoughts headed your way.

Great vibe last night G Point, wonderful with open walls on the lake. Sit down service was very nice. Salmon BLT done perfectly. Our group liked the crab cakes and bison as well as some tasty drinks.

Great addition.

Took an MK break there.
Thanks for the update on GP. We'll be there in May and have plans to try it, as well.
Ah...you work in a school, then? I am a first grade teacher. This has been a rough week. The kids had Monday off (teacher workday for us) then early release Wed and Thurs for parent-teacher conferences. You'd think less days/time would be good but it throws the students off so much, they are just out of whack! And the conferences just exhaust me. Oh and I had 7 out one day. So many sick kids......
Yep. I'm secretary/bookkeeper of our middle school after having been a sub for four years before that, so I've been in our system for six years now. Each year, of course, we see the typical illnesses; however, about two weeks ago a flu strain hit that the vaccinations didn't match. One nearby school district shut down for a few days due to the flu. We managed to stay open just barely. Okay, the DIS is making my computer wonky, so I'll close for now.

Sorry for posting this question here, but you are like family to me. How far in advance can a Walt Disney World pass holder make dining reservations? I know FastPass+ is 30 days in advance.

Sorry for posting this question here, but you are like family to me. How far in advance can a Walt Disney World pass holder make dining reservations? I know FastPass+ is 30 days in advance.
According to Geraldo--my chat CM--he says 30 days out for dining reservations.

According to Geraldo--my chat CM--he says 30 days out for dining reservations.
I was just told by Disney Dining that it was 180 days out for dining, but only for that day, and 30 days out for FastPass+.
Yeah, it's 180 days. I just confirmed by trying to make a dining reservation on the WDW website. The calendar dates ended after August 24.

Last edited:

180 days. You don't get the +10 if you aren't staying onsite but anyone can make a reservation at 180 days and no ticket media is required.

Prayers sent Kathy.
Take some time for yourself. Find a trick that takes your mind off your troubles for a bit of time every day. Hint: chilling on this thread helps me to forget... um... I forget what it is I'm supposed to be forgetting. See, it works! :D

----
I'm still working out the logistics of our December stay. I have now invited the boy- and girlfriends of my kids along (how did that happen?) which means that if they can make it (school, work and finances come first) I'll need a 2br unit, or in the very least need to pick up a studio to go along with my 1br. This in turn would put a sizable dent in my 2018 points. I'm not happy about borrowing.

So... as of this morning I'm doing something I swore I wouldn't do: considering a new add-on at the CCC, depending on price point of course. Hm... it's nice to dream.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!