VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Congratulations :yay:44 years is amazing! I know how stressful it was for us having a pool put in many years ago. I can't imagine that kind of remodel. Hope you will post pics so we can all ooohhhh and aaawweeeee.

Thanks all for the Congrat's on 44 yrs. DizniDi was my high school sweetheart. That is when the REAL magic began; but The World helps in keeping things moving, along with all of our friends we have met through our DVC journey. I had mentioned before that when our reno was completed that our home continues to get closer and closer to the feel of "Home" at The Lodge. One of you asked for pictures, but I declined as DizniDi would be appalled at letting anyone see our piles of displaced furniture and other "stuff". But once completed, I'll attach a picture of DizniDi in her new favorite place.

Boy oh boy - the weather must be outstanding, with lots of gardens to attend to, graduation parties to do, weddings, , , , , what have you. We all are obviously busy, busy, busy! So The July 4th celebration is coming up next week. Let me be the first to encourage all of us to remember those that gave all for us to be able to celebrate and enjoy our friends and families.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz . . . . . . :faint:

DDad...are we boring you?

I wish we were busy with many activities, but the rain just hasn't stopped for more than a day in the past couple of months.

On the WDW news front, it has been kind of slow too. Here's some news for the ice cream lovers in the crowd:

Beaches & Cream Renovation Dates Pushed Back

It seems to me that it makes sense to close an ice cream restaurant during the winter rather than the summer. But that's just me. :)

In other news, it seems that Riviera opening point sales are moving pretty briskly...faster than the first two months of the Polynesian and Copper Creek.

That's all I've got.

I’m awake! But just barely - am oncall this week at work - still working since 8am yesterday...

It has been rather slow on this forum now that warmer weather abounds (despite the rain for many :(). In resort "news," I was just on another thread where an owner was bemoaning the fact he couldn't book anything but a 1BR @ SSR for the week prior to Thanksgiving--a mere five months out. As many of us pointed out, the new DVC paradigm is you better book at 11 months to be sure regardless the time of year and especially during the two cheapest seasons. He had used a couple of crowd calendars and saw where this time was a relatively slow one and was shocked to find almost nothing. As pointed out to the poster, crowd and DVC calendars are two wholly different issues.

It has been rather slow on this forum now that warmer weather abounds (despite the rain for many :(). In resort "news," I was just on another thread where an owner was bemoaning the fact he couldn't book anything but a 1BR @ SSR for the week prior to Thanksgiving--a mere five months out. As many of us pointed out, the new DVC paradigm is you better book at 11 months to be sure regardless the time of year and especially during the two cheapest seasons. He had used a couple of crowd calendars and saw where this time was a relatively slow one and was shocked to find almost nothing. As pointed out to the poster, crowd and DVC calendars are two wholly different issues.
Amen!

Buy where you want to stay has never been more true than it is today.
The DVC game is not good for folks who are not planners. Actually, a Disney vacation in general doesn't fit the style of non-planners either. I wonder, is TDC aware that they've left about half the population behind by forcing all the scheduling of rooms, dining and fastpasses?

I saw that Sleepy! I'm always amazed when people pop up saying they've had no problem booking during the Oct-Dec timeframe up until this year. When we bought more than a decade ago and closed on our resale and were looking to book something in mid-Dec 5 1/2-6 months out we had to go with a split stay.

For my news to add - I just read the Liberty Inn in Epcot is closing July 8th and will reopen later as a Smokehouse menu with craft beers and such on tap. Sounds pretty much like what they do at the food booth just outside it for all the festivals.

I think I have to give the concept a thumbs up and hope it's well executed.

I saw that Sleepy! I'm always amazed when people pop up saying they've had no problem booking during the Oct-Dec timeframe up until this year. When we bought more than a decade ago and closed on our resale and were looking to book something in mid-Dec 5 1/2-6 months out we had to go with a split stay.

I do think that there are a lot of factors making it harder to book at many resorts in less than 7 month lead time. Among them would be the fact that DVC is 28 years old, and many of the DVC owners who bought years ago are now retired. That makes for flexible vacation scheduling, which means the low point periods are even more attractive and attainable for more DVC owners.

Also, the high point schedules at the last few resorts they have sold have made OKW/SSR/BWV/VWL and BCV very attractive since they generally cost fewer points per night than the newer resorts. People who bought at PBV, for example, are probably amazed when they see how far they can stretch their points if they book at a "cheaper point per night" resort. That puts more pressure on many resorts.

And selling large off-site resorts like Aulani to people who primarily go to WDW makes it harder as well.

But 4th quarter booking has been tough for several years now. And despite the continued price hikes for tickets, I don't see it declining.

For my news to add - I just read the Liberty Inn in Epcot is closing July 8th and will reopen later as a Smokehouse menu with craft beers and such on tap. Sounds pretty much like what they do at the food booth just outside it for all the festivals.

I think I have to give the concept a thumbs up and hope it's well executed.

You know, for some reason we have never eaten at Liberty Inn. I don't know why since it's always had a decent fast food kind of menu. But a barbecue slant sounds like a very nice upgrade! And it seems like every chance Disney gets, it is adding alcohol to the menus. :drinking1

DizniDi & I have also never eaten at Liberty Inn, yet we never miss the opportunity to visit and enjoy the Voices of Liberty! We are aware that it is there, but somehow we have never heard its call to come on in and enjoy the fare. We do however never miss the opportunity to sit and relax in the garden at Rose & Crown. I love the fact that it appears to those "one time visitors" that it is private seating for the restaurant. We have NEVER experienced a time when we could not find a table. Shhhhhhhh . . . don't let anyone know! :rolleyes1

DizniDi & I have also never eaten at Liberty Inn, yet we never miss the opportunity to visit and enjoy the Voices of Liberty! We are aware that it is there, but somehow we have never heard its call to come on in and enjoy the fare. We do however never miss the opportunity to sit and relax in the garden at Rose & Crown. I love the fact that it appears to those "one time visitors" that it is private seating for the restaurant. We have NEVER experienced a time when we could not find a table. Shhhhhhhh . . . don't let anyone know! :rolleyes1

That has been a well kept secret DDad even for non one time visitors as I didn't find out about it until a few months ago! Still haven't actually tried it.

Hey Folks!
Been MIA on the Dis for a few days, though I have been looking in time to time to see what's going on with y'all
Its been crazy busy at work since early spring, and no slow up in sight for awhile. Sells at the local retirement community we do renovations have been sky rocketing! So, other than Sunday, Captain D and I have been going wide open, 6 days, early AM til late PM. Today, we have things to do, but going to take it easy just to catch our breath.

Just know, though Im not here as often as I would like, I still think of you folks often, and long for the days to be back as a regular

Good morning all! I hope I'm not intruding. Years ago I lurked on your thread, just wanting to know more about our favorite DVC resort. We've loved The Lodge since we purchased our first contract but had no idea, naive as we were, that you could actually purchase sold out resorts. We bought HHI and we loved it's similar decorating style to The Lodge.

We finally, 15 years later, closed last week on our dream of points at VWL...Disney can call it what they want but in our house it will always be referred to as WL. We've stayed there several times on cash or trade in with another timeshare before DVC sent to RCI. We can't wait to hear that first 'Welcome Home' for our first stay as owners.

Do you mind if I pour a cuppa and join you from time to time?

Hey Folks!
Been MIA on the Dis for a few days, though I have been looking in time to time to see what's going on with y'all
Its been crazy busy at work since early spring, and no slow up in sight for awhile. Sells at the local retirement community we do renovations have been sky rocketing! So, other than Sunday, Captain D and I have been going wide open, 6 days, early AM til late PM. Today, we have things to do, but going to take it easy just to catch our breath.

Just know, though Im not here as often as I would like, I still think of you folks often, and long for the days to be back as a regular

Jimmy...wow, that's quite a workload. I guess it's good to have a lot of work but hopefully you will be getting through this stretch and back to a more normal work schedule soon. It's great to hear from you, and nice of you to fill us in on what's going on in your life. Be well, my friend!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter