VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

So how do I get the files back? The moose signature listed on page one is a link to photobucket. From there there is no way to download the file to my computer so I can upload it here. :sad2:
A good way to make current users upset.

So, I don't see a way to upload a file to your signature here? Or perhaps I'm missing the option? I'm trying to remember what it was that has gone away! Something I got from @Dizny Dad it seems.
I got mine back by going to another user's signature line and merely copying the image. Then, I went to my profile page's signature link and pasted it. Working so far.

I got mine back by going to another user's signature line and merely copying the image. Then, I went to my profile page's signature link and pasted it. Working so far.

It worked but I'm surprised it works because when I click on it within my signature it says it's from photobucket. :confused3 I guess it doesn't matter as long as my moosie is back. :goodvibes I need to find a BCV image now.

So how do I get the files back? The moose signature listed on page one is a link to photobucket. From there there is no way to download the file to my computer so I can upload it here. :sad2:

Supposedly you can still download your photos on Photobucket to your computer. I hope it works for you. This situation with Photobucket stinks.

Hopefully you cannot max out your photo download space on the DisBoards.

Supposedly you can still download your photos on Photobucket to your computer. I hope it works for you. This situation with Photobucket stinks.

Yes, it took me awhile to find it in my library on photobucket but I was able to download the BCV image.

Yes, I've been doing a dining review from our May trip, and it's been allowing me to post pictures.

A good way to make current users upset.

So, I don't see a way to upload a file to your signature here? Or perhaps I'm missing the option?

Kathy...I notice that the signature update in the profile section does not have an "Upload a File" option. So the signature pictures have to be web-hosted from a site like photobucket. So I just pulled my images out of the signature. Do you like my new clean-shaven look there? :groom:

Since it is my link in photobucket that is the moosie instruction and I still have it with no notice, I don't know what is going on. I don't have a whole lot in my photobucket, so I guess they don't consider me worth much?????

With iClouds storage these days who really cares about using Photobucket for photo storage. I never used it that way as we have two computers plus a backup that has all our photos on them. To me without notification suddenly turning off links for someones photos is tacky and poor business. They could have told us that in 30 days we will terminate your links unless you buy our best package. It appears that people that have used Photobucket the longest and are paying very little are still being allowed to use 3rd party hosting. I expect they will lose their ability to do so in the near future.

I give up. Now the BCV logo is showing up with that stupid photobucket warning again. I guess it's just going to have to be VWL in my signature.

I give up. Now the BCV logo is showing up with that stupid photobucket warning again. I guess it's just going to have to be VWL in my signature.
bcv.jpg

Found this. If it helps at all.

bcv.jpg

Found this. If it helps at all.

Thanks Sly! I think I might have fixed it. I like the little version because it's a sea horse. :goodvibes I just couldn't find one here that I could copy & paste. Went to the other site I frequent & copied it from my signature there. Lets see if it worked.

Thanks Sly! I think I might have fixed it. I like the little version because it's a sea horse. :goodvibes I just couldn't find one here that I could copy & paste. Went to the other site I frequent & copied it from my signature there. Lets see if it worked.
Yep, seems to be working. pirate:

:offtopic: So...it sounds like Disney has officially announced the next DVC, the Riviera Resort, which will be built at Caribbean Beach Resort area and have access to the new gondola skyway system to carry guests to EPCOT and DHS. I know this is a Wilderness Lodge DVC thread, but I'm interested in other Groupie comments about the newest resort. Interesting that it will be the first DVC in close proximity to a moderate resort, though it appears it will not share amenities with CBR. What do you guys think?

I saw the announcement just now. My first reaction, it's very nice looking. Seems like another Grand Floridian, but without the easy monorail and boat access to the parks. I'm curious what the real draw to the location will be since it is further removed than the others.

Did you see the announcement for the Star Wars hotel? I laugh because as a teen and young adult I'd have loved to stay in such a place, now it's just meh. I far prefer to be surrounded by living breathing plants & animals than to live in a tube with projected stars.

VWL is still tops in my book, with Kidani as a close second. They could only possibly be overthrown by the River Country DVC if Disney ever made it. Even then the new DVC would not hold any memories or the beautiful lobbies WL has to offer.

I saw the announcement just now. My first reaction, it's very nice looking. Seems like another Grand Floridian, but without the easy monorail and boat access to the parks. I'm curious what the real draw to the location will be since it is further removed than the others.

Cindy...I think Disney is hoping that the new Skyliner gondola system will be every bit as much of a draw as the monorail. And yes, it provides easy access to two parks like the monorail does. It will be interesting to see what the point schedule looks like. The concept art looks like a Four Seasons luxury hotel.

Cindy...I think Disney is hoping that the new Skyliner gondola system will be every bit as much of a draw as the monorail. And yes, it provides easy access to two parks like the monorail does. It will be interesting to see what the point schedule looks like. The concept art looks like a Four Seasons luxury hotel.
Ah, I don't count this upcoming gondola system as being anything more than a gimmick. Could be my fear of them falling or getting stuck. :D Not for me... nope nope nope.

Did you see the announcement for the Star Wars hotel? I laugh because as a teen and young adult I'd have loved to stay in such a place, now it's just meh. I far prefer to be surrounded by living breathing plants & animals than to live in a tube with projected stars.

VWL is still tops in my book, with Kidani as a close second. They could only possibly be overthrown by the River Country DVC if Disney ever made it. Even then the new DVC would not hold any memories or the beautiful lobbies WL has to offer.

Newest DVC I have no feelings one way or the other. What I'm not happy about is this stupid gondola ride dumping people at IG. As a BCV owner I'm not happy. I feel like I'm about to be screwed over again. First VWL & now BCV. I do realize there won't be a major change at BCV but this does change things. There will be construction. There will be some kind of cables system & gondola whizzing over my head & there will be increased traffic at IG. I'm just over DVC changing all the resorts I love so they can sell more overpriced points.

I just thought I'd give you all an update. It's been a bit over 2 weeks since we moved into our new home. We still have a lot of boxes, but we're making good progress, I think. My eldest is coming this Wednesday, and we're scrambling to make her comfortable for when she is here. This is a modern house with no living room and no phone jacks. My wife says she needs a house phone so she can find her cell phone. We took one evening to see Happily Ever After fireworks at the MK and it was phenomenal. You have to see it at the park. The castle overlay during the fireworks is amazing. We are having guests come over the Labor Day holiday. I sprung for one night in a Poly bungalow. Sleepy, I'll pm you with the date. They've never been to WDW before. It's going to be fun. I tore down my son's waterbed. Goodbye waterbeds. I pulled a muscle in the process, under my left wing. More soon.

Ah, I don't count this upcoming gondola system as being anything more than a gimmick. Could be my fear of them falling or getting stuck. :D Not for me... nope nope nope.

Cindy...I guess this qualifies as one of those "different strokes" kind of thing. I think I'd much prefer to travel by gondola vs the monorail. I like the ease of travel with the monorail resorts but the monorail itself has long ceased to be the "attraction" that we used to consider it. Probably due to being so overcrowded most times we take it. We still prefer the boat travel means of transportation, but I think the Skyliner will quickly become the new generation's version of the monorail mostly due to the views that will be available. I guess we'll see.

I just thought I'd give you all an update. It's been a bit over 2 weeks since we moved into our new home. We still have a lot of boxes, but we're making good progress, I think. My eldest is coming this Wednesday, and we're scrambling to make her comfortable for when she is here. This is a modern house with no living room and no phone jacks. My wife says she needs a house phone so she can find her cell phone. We took one evening to see Happily Ever After fireworks at the MK and it was phenomenal. You have to see it at the park. The castle overlay during the fireworks is amazing. We are having guests come over the Labor Day holiday. I sprung for one night in a Poly bungalow. Sleepy, I'll pm you with the date. They've never been to WDW before. It's going to be fun. I tore down my son's waterbed. Goodbye waterbeds. I pulled a muscle in the process, under my left wing. More soon.

WDad...great to hear from you, and thank you for the update. Sounds like things are moving along for you (sorry for the pun) and hopefully your pulled muscle will heal quickly! Thanks for the WDW updates...you are our eyes and ears now year 'round for scoops! Enjoy your company. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter