VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Not aware of any website with the listings, but it would certainly be a big boon. If you mean those episodes where they show some aspect of Disney --"Behind the Scenes" or "Undiscovered Disney Parks," et.al.--then to be fair, we've not seen anything new in the past couple of years, just repeats. We've recorded them in the past, and we occasionally will watch one when we get jonesing for Disney. So, when they've popped up again (nothing in the past several months), they've not changed.

Yes, these are type shows I'm talking about. You're probably right, they are getting so old that they probably aren't showing them anymore. I had them all recorded with direct tv, but when we got Uverse we lost all the recordings.

Yes, these are type shows I'm talking about. You're probably right, they are getting so old that they probably aren't showing them anymore. I had them all recorded with direct tv, but when we got Uverse we lost all the recordings.
We had two Dish DVRs go out within a year a couple of years ago, so we've recorded all of them a few times. We currently have all the ones we're aware of, and honestly, we rarely watch them anymore as they're all dated now. Now that we've stopped watching the Disney Christmas shows--they're such blatant advertisements now with poor quality productions and virtually no parade action--we mostly rely on the videos of our past visits. My guess is going forward, there won't be many Disney travel specials due to the rapid pace of construction and because social media is the new norm with podcasts, et. al. Those specials are available on DVD, I believe, if you search Amazon. I bought them for Luv a couple of Christmases ago. :thumbsup2

I haven't posted since we got back from our trip. It was absolutely amazing. We were in the last studio 4th floor. They have added so many trees which was really nice. We ate ate Geysers point twice for lunch. Outstanding. Service was great as were drinks and food. They had water tea and coffee at the lobby of the villas. I cannot say how awesome boat service was. We never waited..ever. Staff was super friendly as well. When we got there the toilet was not flushing quite right, so on our way out to the parks I mentioned it at the desk. We came back to a fixed toilet and the next day we got a box of chocolates and a nice letter apologizing for the inconvenience. Way more than I expected. Stuff happens it wasn't anyone's fault it was broken and they fixed it right away. Nancy went above and beyond. It truly was amazing!!! We ate ate BLT and BCV in August, but have booked our 2018 April trip at VWL and can't wait!!!

Not aware of any website with the listings, but it would certainly be a big boon. If you mean those episodes where they show some aspect of Disney --"Behind the Scenes" or "Undiscovered Disney Parks," et.al.--then to be fair, we've not seen anything new in the past couple of years, just repeats. We've recorded them in the past, and we occasionally will watch one when we get jonesing for Disney. So, when they've popped up again (nothing in the past several months), they've not changed.
There's used to be one somewhere and they would send out a digest every week...maybe on yahoo groups...which I think is a thing of the past?

I think they still show them on the Travel Channel sometime, maybe? They also might be available on YouTube.

Thank you for all your responses to my desire to locate some Disney shows. I figure most are probably on YouTube. Just wanted to replace my recordings on the TV, but it seems the shows are getting too old for them to continue showing them.

Can't believe that no one else has mentioned it : HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO WILDERNESS LODGE!:bday:

Wilderness Lodge opened on May 28, 1994.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney's_Wilderness_Lodge

The only reason that I remember this information is because today is my birthday, so it must have been meant to be for me to be a VWL owner. Love the Lodge!

6 days until our very first stay at Wilderness Lodge! I'm so excited!

Another question for all you helpful groupies...are pool noodles allowed in the pool? TIA!

I think they are probably fine with noodles and small floaties or rings. I think they do not want any larger rafts in the pools, and I'm pretty sure none of these items are allowed on the slide (except the arm floaties for little ones).

Well we finally took the plunge and added on at Wilderness Lodge! Copper Creek, though, not the one and only original, as we really wanted the later expiration date. Wilderness Lodge has been one of our favorite resorts for more years than I care to admit. Now we're plotting our first visit for next May, splurging with banking and borrowing for 5 nights in a cabin. I've been bouncing off the walls doing the happy dance.

I've lurked here for quite a while, (sneaking in a post or two) but hoping to graduate soon to bonafide groupie. :sunny:

6 days until our very first stay at Wilderness Lodge! I'm so excited!

Another question for all you helpful groupies...are pool noodles allowed in the pool? TIA!

I've found a noodle in the quiet pool at BWV and I think they may even sell them in the stores so I believe they are fine. Float tubes are not ok though as I understand it - years ago you could bring clear ones but then they stopped allowing that too.

Well we finally took the plunge and added on at Wilderness Lodge! Copper Creek, though, not the one and only original, as we really wanted the later expiration date. Wilderness Lodge has been one of our favorite resorts for more years than I care to admit. Now we're plotting our first visit for next May, splurging with banking and borrowing for 5 nights in a cabin. I've been bouncing off the walls doing the happy dance.

I've lurked here for quite a while, (sneaking in a post or two) but hoping to graduate soon to bonafide groupie. :sunny:

Congratulations kungaloosh and Welcome Home to the Lodge!!! :welcome:

I've found a noodle in the quiet pool at BWV and I think they may even sell them in the stores so I believe they are fine. Float tubes are not ok though as I understand it - years ago you could bring clear ones but then they stopped allowing that too.
Thank you!

Welcome home and welcome to the groupies! Congratulations on your purchase!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!