VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors’ Edition), updated 17 April 17

Discussion in 'DVC Resorts' started by sleepydog25, Mar 2, 2014.

1. sleepydog25

sleepydog25 Been here awhile

Yep, it's a category unto itself. ;) Actually, one of the reasons of having these attractions high on my list is that none of them need a FP, though it depends on the time of day, obviously. We rarely have more than a 10-minute wait on POTC or Philharmagic, and HM usually is under 20 minutes. We save our FPs for BTMR, SM, 7DMT, and occasionally PP or Splash.

2. horselover

horselover VWL Groupie

:thumbsup2

I wish we had a love post button! Well said JT.

Our first on site stay was the week leading up to Easter. I swore I would never go at this time again. The crowds were horrible! I found them to be much worse then Christmas crowds maybe because you get none of the magic of Christmas. You only get huge crowds. I always try to steer people away from this time period if at all possible.

My bet would be no.

Wish I could love this post as well! Well said Sly.

Yay a Luv sighting! Those are amazing! I thought my bands had some bling. How long do those take to make?

Congrats & welcome to the groupies! :welcome:

Sorry I missed it! :bday:

Post 5082. https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...rmation-and-questions-thread.3372315/page-255

Phew all caught up! School vacation week here in MA. Just got back yesterday from a quick weekend trip to Boulder. Starting the college hunt with DS#2 & DS#1 is about to make his final decision on where he'll be starting college in the fall. How the heck did this happen? :sad:

We toured U of CO Boulder. We both really liked it. This pic should give you a small does of why.

CU's mascot. :D
    17966840_10209091777315170_7470431799867943384_o.jpg

And they have an outdoor pool in the shape of a bison! :laughing: The campus & school were very impressive. We went for a couple fabulous hikes too. It was a short but fun trip. We've been to CO a few times before but never to Boulder. I could definitely see DS there. Just wish it wasn't so far away. :sad: Cutting the cord is hard! :sad:

Rest of the month will be filled with more college stuff. DS#1 is going to accepted student day at Champlain College on Fri & Sat. DH is taking him to that. Accepted student day at Becker College next week. A visit to Renssaelar on the 29th for DS#2 which I'll take him to. After that I'm going to be ready for a vacation at WDW! :faint:

Hope everyone is doing well. Looking forward to seeing some of you real soon! :cool1:

ArielSRL and KAT4DISNEY like this.
  3. Dizny Dad

Dizny Dad DiznyDi Fan

Jimmy:

Kona Café
    Noodle Station (When open – Lobster Rolls are HUGH)
    VWL, Aulani
    Blue, Yellow, Red, Green
    The Boats!
    Sitting on top of the Rail Station; Toy Story, Lion King, World Showcase

Sorry, no surprises there.

Horselover:

Plan to take his picture in a few years at the Bison on Graduation Day - makes for a nice set. We did a similar thing for DD at beginning and end of seminary. It is a great keepsake. As the years roll by, it will be hard to remember the years in between the two.

TCRAIG likes this.
  4. Avatar

DIS Sponsor Disney Vacation Club Resales www.dvc-resales.com

to hide this advert.
  5. horselover

horselover VWL Groupie

Great idea Dad! Will definitely do that whether he ends up at CU or somewhere else. It's only the first school he's looked at so who knows, but he does plan to apply based on what he saw & heard.

6. twokats

twokats DIS Veteran

Favorites and why?

1. TS in WDW...50's Prime Time Cafe. . . We love the atmosphere and the food.
    2. QS in WDW...Flametree BBQ. . . Can't beat a good BBQ
    3a. Value...Haven't stayed in one
    3b. Mod...The only one I ever stayed in was Dixie Landings!!!
    3c. Deluxe...WL is the only one we ever stayed at and we bought DVC the last time we stayed there in '04
    3d. DVC...VWL, with my other home AKL being a close 2nd, and our third home (even though it is the first we bought) SSR is not too bad, just so big!!!
    4. Magic Band color...Red
    5. Mode of transportation around WDW...Love the boats!!!
    6. Attraction in each park:
    MK: Splash Mountain
    DHS: Toy Story Mania
    DAK: Kilimanjaro Safari
    EPCOT: Soarin'

TCRAIG likes this.
  7. sleepydog25

sleepydog25 Been here awhile

Luv says the fobs are fairly easy--maybe an hour and a half-ish. The Mickey head fob takes a bit longer, of course. The MBs? They would take her all weekend, though with frequent rests to rest her back and eyes.

Lived in CO (Co Springs) for three years and loved it. Great outdoors. Plenty of sun (over 300 days). Snow? Yes, but not as pervasive as, say, Alaska or upstate NY, Maine, et. al. Freaky weather, among the most eclectic I've ever seen (and I've lived in numerous states all over the U.S.)--75F one day, followed by 8" of snow, followed by a chinook that melts it all and back to 70F. . .with another snow two days later. Summers are gorgeous.

TCRAIG and horselover like this.
  8. horselover

horselover VWL Groupie

That sounds like MA! :laughing:

Corinne likes this.
  9. jade1

jade1 I spend half my money on WDW, and waste the rest.

Couple gateways, not sure this were there b4, sorry if so.

20170419_185510.jpg

10. jade1

11. jade1

12. rkstocke5609

rkstocke5609 Mouseketeer

Whew! Sure am glad I made it back here....I was over at the unnamed Purple site and ran across a thread that asked what dvc resort at WDW has no interest for you. Well, as suspected, SSR was popular but way too much Wilderness mentions for me to tolerate.....

On to the questions at hand...

1. California Grill because it's exceptional, and I love looking out over the lake. Then walking out on the catwalks after dinner to look at the monorail and MK

2. Art of Animation or Coronado Springs QS's are exceptional, worth the detour... (expect Geyser Point will replace)

3. Value: Art of Animation
    Moderate: Port Orleans French Quarter
    Deluxe: Wilderness Lodge
    DVC: VGC (yep, 2 years in a row, it's that good.....)

4. Green

5. Boat!

6. MK - Enchanted Tiki Room
    Epcot - Test Track
    Animal Kingdom - Safari
    Hollywood Studios - Toy Story Midway Mania

Bonus question: Favorite character meal

7. Donald's Safari Breakfast at Tusker House in Animal Kingdom.

KAT4DISNEY and Flossbolna like this.
  13. jade1

14. jade1

15. jimmytammy

jimmytammy <font color=purple>Swivel, it's a hard habit to br

Looks like we got another Birthday soon...
    Happy Birthday Luvvwl!!!! :cake::bday:party:
    Make sure SleepyDog takes you somewhere nice(and expensive, he should have plenty with all the groupie dues coming in):goodvibes

rkstocke5609 and Corinne like this.
  16. Corinne

Corinne DIS Veteran aka DVCTink

Once again I'm late! But it doesn't mean my birthday wishes are any less heartfelt!!!

Happy Birthday DisneyNutzy!!!

Happy Birthday Teapot!!!!!

:bday::cake::flower:

17. Corinne

Corinne DIS Veteran aka DVCTink

Happy Birthday Luvvwl!!!! Hope it's a great day!:flower1:

Hope Sleepy spoils you! pixiedust:

18. jimmytammy

jimmytammy <font color=purple>Swivel, it's a hard habit to br

jade
    Loving the pics!

Really enjoying reading you folks faves

Ron
    Great idea to add Favorite Character meal
    Though its been yrs(1999)since we did Donalds Breakfastsauraus(used to be located near DinoLand)it as always been our fave. Evokes memories fondly. Capt. D(our DS Casey)was 5 and he went missing under the table for fear of Goofy. We still kid him too this day about him eating with his plate on the chair and him with his knees on the floor

rkstocke5609 likes this.
  19. DiznyDi

DiznyDi If you remember, we are the rural folks

Good Morning Groupies!
    I'm so far behind....... Suffice it to say that I've had a tough Spring.
    I've missed you all and the friendly banter we share. Bobbiwoz left a message on the BHGM part2 convo and it made me.. well.. homesick for all of you. DDad and I are on a 2 week countdown - not quite to single digits yet, but getting close. I'm very much looking forward to some sun, the Lodge, meeting up with Groupies and of course to see all the 'newness' that has developed since my last stay in Feb.
    Have a nice week-end!

Corinne, horselover and TCRAIG like this.
  20. rkstocke5609

rkstocke5609 Mouseketeer

Yeah, the character meals are very special when you have kids. I will NEVER forget my 3 year old at the Crystal Palace meeting Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, Eeyore. Truly a magical moment along with that first time down the slide at the Wilderness pool. Shoulda bought DVC sooner....haha....hindsight is 20/20......

21. Dizny Dad

Dizny Dad DiznyDi Fan

And I'm waiting to hear that small quiet voice first thing in the morning declaring how many sleeps until Mickey! Then I know we are in single digits . . . .