VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Update on Ian...

He is doing really well. Third surgery (2nd cataract) went almost as well as the one before it. The downside - he felt a lot more pain. He felt and saw everything they were doing. Not sure I could handle that.

His vision in the left eye is not as good as the right, but it wasn't before surgery either so we were expecting that. As of last Thursday his eyesight was 20/40 (almost 20/30) in the right eye and 20/50 in the left. Thursday afternoon he was out driving his new car that he was so worried we would have to take back.

This coming Thursday he goes for a check-up. They are also going to see if his vision can be improved with corrective lenses (glasses more than likely). We are really hoping for a solid 20/30 in the right eye and 20/40 in the left. If they find it can be improved upon we will go to our regular eye doc and get the glasses.

He still has to be watched very closely for retinal detachment for the first 6 weeks. After that the risk goes done - but it will still be a lifelong risk - as it always has been.

A week from today he gets to go back to work after nearly a month off. I think he is looking forward to it. I am going to miss him terribly. I have gotten used to having him around.

@jimmytammy Thanks for all the photos. Starting to get a bit homesick. Our 7th month window for BWV is approaching. It will be nice to try some place new but I have to confess - I am not going to be too terribly disappointed if we aren't able to get in and stick with our current booked stay at BRV.

Jen
So glad all is going well for you and Ian and sounds like much better days lie ahead for you both! Prayers continue for healing and the better days:grouphug:

Glad to hear you are enjoying the pics

Glad to hear, Jen.

As for the fire pit, JT, it's been there since they finished GP and the new pool. Now, I'm not sure how long they've been using it, but we noticed it back in July of 2016. I assumed it would be used for s'mores and such. I wish they had left an area to do outdoor family movie time, though. . .at least, I don't think they do that anymore.

It's under the MDE's Epcot dining:
  • Begins at 9:45 AM Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays
  • Includes tea tasting, sandwiches and scones
  • Pre-pay $30 per person (not including tip, I believe)
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/epcot/rose-and-crown-tea-experience/
David's Just posted a 4 minute video of this:
It surprised me that people seem to be in mixed groups at tables and the hostess is not really interacting with the guests. I had imagined her as walking among the tables, not standing and directing.

I'll have to think on this some more. We drink a ton of tea at home, and we're doing the GF Tea the day prior. Not like we need to do this.

twinkle
Thats funny, thats me with the dark blue shirt on with the dumb look on my face:D with the hostess behind me
The young lady with long blonde hair that they scrolled over to quickly was doing a full video presentation for youtube and WDW magazine so you may get a better feel from her rather than this video. We learned some things about teas we didn't know and she was informative. I think because its so new, she seemed a bit nervous, but all in all we enjoyed it. Honestly, for $30 it was a good experience.

My final time for seeing Illuminations.
This was the show that did it for me. Our 1st time in 99 at WDW, we stood for an hour(believe me, that hasn't happened again in years, lesson learned)waiting for this. It had been a long day, full day at Seaworld followed by the fact we had tickets for all those days at WDW too. So we grabbed a bite at Epcot and hung out for this. I remember commenting to Tammy why would we be standing around for an hour to see fireworks when we can drive up and see em for our car on July 4 and Halloween at our local city park. She told me it was her then SIL idea and we best not rock the boat! So we waited and waited, then the lights went low, and the fellow started talking, then he blew the fire out, and I was hooked!! I knew I was in for a treat cause this was nothing like those fireworks back home:-)

Finale shots
upload_2018-10-23_10-23-35.jpeg upload_2018-10-23_10-23-53.jpeg upload_2018-10-23_10-24-9.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2018-10-23_10-18-54.jpeg
    upload_2018-10-23_10-18-54.jpeg
    50.1 KB · Views: 1
twinkle
Thats funny, thats me with the dark blue shirt on with the dumb look on my face:D with the hostess behind me
The young lady with long blonde hair that they scrolled over to quickly was doing a full video presentation for youtube and WDW magazine so you may get a better feel from her rather than this video. We learned some things about teas we didn't know and she was informative. I think because its so new, she seemed a bit nervous, but all in all we enjoyed it. Honestly, for $30 it was a good experience.
I thought I recognized that handsome fellow from somewhere!
You don't look bad at all, in fact there is more than one smile documented there and that's what Disney wants to see. :)

She did seem very anxious, perhaps just time is needed for her to settle into the role.

twinkle

I thought that’s why twinkle bug was posting that video when I first saw the post pop up. That we have a groupie YouTube star!

David's Just posted a 4 minute video of this:
It surprised me that people seem to be in mixed groups at tables and the hostess is not really interacting with the guests. I had imagined her as walking among the tables, not standing and directing.

I'll have to think on this some more. We drink a ton of tea at home, and we're doing the GF Tea the day prior. Not like we need to do this.

My mother in law was British. Just asked Ian if he would like to do this in June since he has really been getting into drinking tea. Our youngest also drinks it regularly. Thanks for sharing. I love it when we get to try new experiences at the world. Keeps things fresh

Hey guys, I've been AWOL for a while as I was on a retreat with my church group. No computers allowed!

Jen...we are thrilled to hear the news about Ian! We continue to hold you both in our prayers during his recovery.

Jimmy...very impressive! I hope that you got at least the SAG (Screen Actor's Guild) minimum pay for your outstanding appearance on the video? Thanks for all the photos too.

Ummm, who's David? :o

Sleepy, that's David's DVC Rental https://www.dvcrequest.com/

I thought it was David's DVC Rentals, but (a) I didn't know he posted such videos, and (b) I was at work and forgot that most links don't show up on that computer. As soon as I got home, I saw the original link and watched the video. Thanks! And. I'm a sucker for Brit accents, btw. . .and JT that was a lovely unveiling of your napkin about halfway through. You are a natural on camera! pirate:

twinkle

Oh my gosh, I was cracking up, I’m like, hmmm does Cindy realize that’s Jimmy!!!???:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter