VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Popping in to say how beautiful our new Boulder Ridge area is!! This is our first stay since the construction has been completed. As an owner I am extremely happy. Saying for 3 nights post our Fantasy cruise. Pics coming!
How did you enjoy the cruise?

Good Monday morning Groupies!
DDaughter and I are back from our trip to Georgia/WDW. We were in a studio at AKL-Kidani. It was H-O-T! And extremely crowded. I used a crowd calendar to plan our stay - sorry don't remember which one though may have been from Undercover Tourist? We were not able to get a fastpass for Flight of Passage. There were upwards of 3 hour waits in the standby line. Maybe next time.... We did do the river ride and spent an evening enjoying Pandora and the nighttime Rivers of Light.

Magic Kingdom was wall to wall people. We cut our day short and opted to do the monorail loop and enjoy the resorts. Unfortunately we didn't make it to the TOWL. The heat really took its toll on both of us. We found ourselves spending time in and around our resort and enjoying the animals from our balcony.

Epcot and Disney Springs were manageable. We thoroughly enjoyed our lunch at The Polite Pig. I highly recommend their brussel sprouts and roasted beet salad. The brussel sprouts were so good we went back for another :)

Enjoy your day!

. . . . . . . . DVC - Don't bring in DOGS, unless you wish to assume full responsibility for "breakage" ,"cleaning", and "maintenance". NOT in our contract.

Couldn't agree more, but it is easily buried in maintenance fees under just about any title you can come up with. We will pay, one way or the other. And don't forget the abusers. There are always those in any free society that find ways to use the system. Somebody sometime is going to have a respiratory issue due to a pet housed in a room without notice or inadequate cleaning. Maybe it will be Jimmy & his hidden cat? ;)

Couldn't agree more, but it is easily buried in maintenance fees under just about any title you can come up with. We will pay, one way or the other. And don't forget the abusers. There are always those in any free society that find ways to use the system. Somebody sometime is going to have a respiratory issue due to a pet housed in a room without notice or inadequate cleaning. Maybe it will be Jimmy & his hidden cat? ;)

And an update - from another thread? Check the "Declaration of Condominium" that was offered, and agreed to, by buyer and DVC....

See:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/will-dogs-be-allowed-at-a-dvc-resort.3640629/page-2

"The declaration of condominium clearly and unequivocally says no pets allowed. Many members, such as myself, bought in on the basis pets are not allowed. The declaration gives DVD the ability to unilaterally amend it, but it is specifically stated this is only when it is not detrimental to the rights of owners."

I have seen service dogs at DVC resorts, so I'm pretty sure that they have already been housed (in relatively low numbers)...

While in Pandora last week, I saw a guy taking photos of his service dog that was wearing Mickey ears.Very cute! I wasn't quick enough to grab a photo.

Well, I finally feel like we have turned a corner and are going in a good direction. I walked into Clay's room today and while he is still on the breathing machine for probably a couple of more days, he was not sedated and I was able to see his beautiful eyes and have him hold my hand. I can see a scared frantic look on his face occasionally, but he is a real trooper and overcomes the fear and tries to stay calm.

As far as the dogs. . . . Jimmy, I did not let the dogs out!!! I can say, mine stay at home, they need a vacation without me sometimes like I need for them to really appreciate me when I get back home to them.

Well, I finally feel like we have turned a corner and are going in a good direction. I walked into Clay's room today . . . . . . he is a real trooper . . . . . .

As far as the dogs. . . . Jimmy, I did not let the dogs out!!! I can say, mine stay at home, they need a vacation without me sometimes like I need for them to really appreciate me when I get back home to them.

Great news! Thanks for keeping us up on what is happening.

And if you didn't let the dogs out, then Who, , ,Who , , Who, Who? :dog2:

Welcome to the groupies IanDLBZF from MCMagic!!!!

You have landed on the friendliest thread on the DIS(self proclaimed of course:-))

1st, let me say you have chosen a great resort for your 1st DVC/Deluxe stay! You may be spoiled before its all over(in a good way, though).

2nd, there are many groupies who will be in the area during your stay, and we like to meet up when time allows. Check out the 1st page and see if your time overlaps with anyone, and PM them to see if you can have a groupie meet. They are lots of fun, as we all have a common thread, love of Disney/love of the Lodge. You may make a new lifetime friend along the way, I know our family has with many of the groupies we have met here.

3rd, if you are so inclined, if you would like to add your upcoming trip to the mix, PM Sleepydog25, the keeper of our thread to add you name, dates and resort to the upcoming trips and he will get you in there, along with, if you wish, you can add your birthday and anniversary dates to the 1st page by sending KAT4DISNEY a PM with that info. We love celebrating birthdays around here!

I was going to “like”this, well, except to learn you are not sleeping well.

Thank Bobbi. Just one of those things about getting older or so I've been told. The insomnia comes & goes but when it comes it tends to stay around for awhile. :sad2: There are worse afflications to have I suppose. I'm otherwise healthy. I just miss having a good night's sleep.

Good morning groupie friends! :wave2: Happy Wednesday! 3 more days! :woohoo::woohoo: :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!