VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

sleepydog25

Been here awhile
Here are the words I typed as the lead sentences to this page back in early December of 2020.

COVID-19 UPDATE December, 2022
"Sadly, we are still under the effects of the silent enemy that is the coronavirus. In fact, it's surging again in too many places with too many people. We must get through to the other side of the dark tunnel."

Since then, we've come a long way, though we lost too many loved ones during the worst of the pandemic. Yet, as with most things traumatic, we learn to move on, to process the hurt, to find a way to put one foot in front of the other and adapt. To that end, I hope this update is the last time I mention covid in this manner.
Life is fragile and can be tilted off its axis in mere days if not moments. Our beloved Groupie page has continued during this time--and good times--as a beacon of good will and familiarity, a place many of us come to for mental and emotional refuge if you will. It's always important for us to see from whence we've come as the journey is often just as important as the destination. So keep reading and be safe, Groupies!

INTRODUCTION
:welcome: to the absolutely friendliest, most familial, and genuinely nice group of folks on the DIS! If you've just stumbled upon our thread or been directed here by another, we hope you'll join our happy band. Just below, you'll see floor plans and room numbers for both Copper Creek and VWL, courtesy of GrandCalifornian and Granny, respectively.

Speaking of, the Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney's Wilderness Lodge (CC) have been open to guests for years now. As most know, the Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge (VWL) were renamed Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge or BRV. (However, most of us on this thread will continue to call it VWL because it's in our DNA and because, no offense, Boulder Ridge is just a silly name ;)). Regardless, this thread is open to ALL who have a love of the Lodge. Whether you bought at Copper Creek, own at VWL, own at another resort, OR don't own any DVC at all but still love the Lodge, you are welcome to join our happy band of brothers and sisters.

The common, ahem, thread that connects us is our love of the Lodge. That's the only requisite for membership in our group (well, there is that pesky $50 initiation fee, payable to moi, in small, unmarked bills--unlike DVC and Disney, our prices have not gone up). Groupies love the serenity of VWL and Copper Creek, as they are places to recharge our internal batteries after a day spent with 10,000 of our closest friends in a park: sitting in rockers with a favored beverage in hand; taking in fireworks or Electric Water Pageant from Geyser Point Bar & Grill; catching a movie on family nights; relaxing in the new pool (or the old pool now called Copper Creek); playing checkers in the quiet calm of the Villas lobby; watching awe-struck faces of first-time Lodge visitors as they walk into the main lobby; listening to the most majestic resort background music ever; strolling the grounds with your significant other in the evening; or simply listening to the sound of crickets along the walkway as the lanterns flicker overhead. There is something in the air at VWL, Copper Creek, and the Lodge that stirs the soul, something that conjures images of a simpler, more relaxing time. These memories keep us coming back time and again.

Although many of our group are experts in all things VWL and gladly share their knowledge, we don't exist merely as a compendium of facts and figures. We who inhabit this thread have become true friends--even family--over the years. We celebrate the special times together just as we offer respite and strength in more somber moments. We're a positive bunch who found a unique and safe place to share triumphs, heartbreaks, memories, and pictures. . .lots and lots of pictures. . .we love pictures. Hint, hint. So, we hope you'll join in, or in the case of our current cast of characters (don't you love alliteration?), continue to share. Pull up a rocker, grab a libation, and set a spell (spittoon optional). See you 'round the fireplace!

Oh, I almost forgot. . .if you'd like to share your trip dates, whether to VWL or any other Disney resort or a cruise, please send me a PM. You'll see a collection of those dates further below on this page.

Regardless of how you found us, this thread will continue to promote those ideals of family and friendship to all who find their way here. May Moosie dust precede you on your journey. pixiedust:

For a look at the room numbers, locations, and types, please scroll down to the diagrams below provided by GrandCalifornian. Thank you, GC!!

UPDATE******UPDATE******UPDATE******UPDATE******UPDATE******UPDATE******UPDATE
Our band of brothers and sisters who come to these pages to share their love of the Lodge has hit a major milestone--1,032 pages (and counting), over 21,000 replies, AND over 1,000,000 views! That is a testament to our loyal Groupies, the appeal of a place to come share our friendship, and a safe haven in this time of Covid. Congratulations, Groupies (and future Groupies)!!!!!

Thanks to the efforts of Granny and Flossbolna (hereafter christened Flossy ;)), I've included a compendium of previous Groupie Threads that date back to our humble beginnings. Grab a coffee, tea, or something stronger; sit back; and have a leisurely read through the pages of history, history, history, history. . .

November 22, 2006 The VWL Groupies & Trivia Thread

April 17, 2008 ***The VWL Groupies & Trivia Thread*** Chapter 2!

June 2, 2009 http://www.disboards.com/threads/were-baaaaack-the-wlvs-groupies-trivia-thread-chapter-3.2045682/

June 18, 2010 VWL Lovers & Groupies thread: It all started with a Moose

May 5, 2011 VWL Lovers & Groupies Thread: Meese-ka, Mice-ka MOOSE-kateers

April 10, 2012 VWL Groupies...yes, we love the Lodge!!

October 22, 2012 The VWL Groupies and Lovers Thread-It started with a MOOSE [This one really doesn't count...it was a mistake as the moderators didn't notice that we had shut down an older thread]

March 5, 2013 VWL Groupies...yes, we love the Lodge, a lot!!

Flowers still there in season. . .

Taken from CCV toward VWL

The Totem Gang

Geyser Point

Old Bearful Geyser

The bus side of VWL

I left this picture of Artist Point, though it is now a character meal. It was a very sentimental spot for us, so like the picture of Ranger Stan below, this shot is mostly here for posterity.

Looking toward the right wing of the main Lodge (now home to the Copper Creek suites) along the new "path" that used to be grass and trees--I call it Bear Bare Boulevard. Pool entrance in last picture is just past the big pine on the right; that's the VWL wing on your left.

DVC Mickey! He is in a little different spot than before, though fairly close to the original position.

I didn't want to forget a link to our beginnings. . .Ranger Stan. Luv and I never knew him, but I bet we'd have loved him, too. Many of our Groupies have very fond memories of Stan, and quite a few swear he quietly walks the hallways and lobbies late at night, keeping watch over his beloved Lodge.

Courtesy of @Granny, here is a layout of the room numbers in our beloved VWL (as it will be known forever to many of us). Same list is on Page 752 of this thread.

vwl-floor-1-map-recolor-jpg.376981

vwl-floor-2-map-recolor-jpg.376982

vwl-floor-3-map-recolor-jpg.376983

vwl-floor-4-map-recolor-jpg.376984

vwl-floor-5-map-recolor-jpg.376985

CC_Room_Numbers_Floor1.jpg

CC_Room_Numbers_Floor2.jpg

CC_Room_Numbers_Floor3.jpg

CC_Room_Numbers_Floor4.jpg

CC_Room_Numbers_Floor5.jpg

CC_Room_Numbers_Floor6.jpg

CC_Room_Numbers_Floor7.jpg

Last edited:
2023 & 2024 DVC and Other Vacations
If you'd like to be included on this list - please just PM me!

2023 Trips

August
suse66 20-27 VWL

September
bobbiwoz 8-10 VWL Hoping for MNSSHP!

October

jimmytammy 8-20 VWL (BIL and family joining on the 12!)
Granny 13-22 VWL First trip with grandkids!
KAT4DISNEY 14-21 AKV Jambo

November
Corinne 24-29 VWL Grandson's first visit to WDW!

December

wildernessDad 3-7 VWL
bobbiwoz 4-8 VWL Gals trip

2024 Trips
January
ClaraOswald 20-26 VWL First ever DVC and Lodge stay!
bobbiwoz 23-27 CCR
bobbiwoz 27-30 VB
bobbiwoz 30-3 Feb BCV
DisneylovingIowan 28-2 Feb Poly

February
DisneylovingIowan 3-7 BLT
KAT4DISNEY 13-23 OKW

March
Sleepydog 8 HHI
Sleepydog 9-11 AKL Kidani
bobbiwoz 17-21 AKL Kidani

April
jimmytammy 3-8 Fort Wilderness
KAT4DISNEY 8-17 VWL
Corinne 18-24 BCV
Granny 26-3 May VWL

May
bobbiwoz 9-11 BWV

July
bobbiwoz 1-2 AKL Kidani Concierge
bobbiwoz 2-4 BLT
bobbiwoz 4-7 BWV

September
bobbiwoz 13-15 BLT

October
hhisc16 24 VWL

December
jimmy tammy 1-12 VWL Family time!
Granny 6-12 VWL
bobbiwoz 10-14 BWV

2025 Trips

January
hhisc16 25 VWL

2024/2025 Cruising Groupies

April
jimmytammy 8-12 Disney Wish

September
bobbiwoz 9-13 DCL Halloween trip out of Ft Lauderdale

December
bobbiwoz 14-18 Very Merrytime DCL out of Port Canaveral

Again - to be included on any of the above lists - PLEASE - just PM me! Thanks!

Last edited:
Birthdays and Anniversaries
Please PM me if you would like to add your dates to this page. Special shout out to twokats for this page as she did all the work, I just copied her;)
In the past, several of us have taken the helm and made sure all participants were recognized on their special day. As of July, 2018, we have decided to relinquish those duties. Over the years things have changed, and many have come and gone to this thread(and all the older versions)so we find ourselves often handing out best wishes with no acknowledgment. All folks are welcome to continue wishing the best in each scenario publicly here or privately by PM, in fact we encourage it!

January

Eliza61... 1
Bobbiwoz (Bobbi)... 3
Sleepydog... 11
Blossomz... 13
Twokats (Kathy) and Claire_ont... 25...Two-fer!
JimmyTammy (Jimmy)... 28
Disney Loving Iowan... 29

February

WildernessDad... 4
puppytrainer... 12
davish562...13
Cheer4Bison... 14
Nicoal13 AKA Nicole... 16
gabriellyn...20
APiratesLifeForMe2...21
DisneyFreaks... 22

March

Muushka... 1
Rental01... 3
Icecoldpenguin (Teresa) 10
Inkmahm... 19
Horselover (Julie)... 26
LeslieLou... 28

April

Granny... 12
Tea Pot & DisneyNutzy... 18
Luvvwl... 22
DiznyDi... 23

May

franandaj ... 1
Loribell... 3
DiznyDad!!! ... 7
Lorana...9
Rusafee1183... 11
Maria (MiaSRN62)... 23
sechem32 (Liz) ... 28

June

Corinne... 6
KAT4DISNEY... 11
The Hubs (Jerry of TCRAIG) June 30

July

brobrosmom... 10
lisah0711... 11
DVC Jen...12
deebits AKA Deirdre...17
DaveH... 26
BWV Dreamin... 31

August

TammyNC... 15
DynaGuy... 20
CaptainD... 26

September
Lorana's DH...7
princesskat (Kati) ... 19

October

stopher1 ... 4

November

Flossbolna...6
TCRAIG (Tricia) Nov 6
MaryJ & twinmom108... 10...another two-fer

December

twinklebug... 6
Mickeymorse... 15
WDWRR_ENGINEER... 29

Anniversaries

Stopher. . . March 12

DisneyFreaks. . .April 8

Muushka . . . April 25, 1992

Rusafee1183. . . . May 3, 2008

TCRAIG(Tricia and The Hubs Jerry). . . May 10, 1980

Jimmy/Tammy . . . May 12, 1990

APiratesLifeForMe2(Amanda and Brian) May 25

Twokats (Kathy & Le) . . . May 26, 1984

Bobbiwoz. . . . June 1, 1968

DiznyDad & DiznyDi . . . June 21, 1975

Audipolo & Icecoldpenguin (AKA Greg & Teresa)... July 1, 2012

Sleepydog & Luv. . . July 5, 2013

twinmom108 . . . July 20, 1991

Lorana...August 24(Married at WDW and honeymooned at WL)

gabriellyn...August 26

sechem32 & wfc4life . . . October 05, 2003

DVC Jen . . . December 6, 1986

Inkmahm & Dynaguy. . . December 23, 2003

Last edited:

Great job Sleepy! I love what you've done with the place,. :thumbsup2

Thanks for sprucing up the place Sleepy and JT. :goodvibes It's cozy enough to move right in now! :thumbsup2 Great job!!!

And you mentioned my absolute favorite part of the Lodge, Sly. The flickering lanterns and crickets signing at dusk. Absolute heaven :lovestruc:cloud9::lovestruc:cloud9:

Last edited:

Great job sly!! Love it, you took it, made your own, and we will love watching it soar to new heights!!

Very nice Sleepy Dog! Thanks for the new thread!!!

Ok, gotta ask - were there new glasses sent out that I missed out on? All right, just say it - "Kat, you're getting old and need those cheaters around your neck!" :rotfl: Golden years - Hmmmph.

Love how our new home is being refurbed! Looks great! Plenty of room for lots of family and extended family! Thanks sleepy for getting us started!
...and away we go...!

Well Goooooooooollllllllllieeeey.

Sleepy - you brought tears to my eyes!! You have not only done a great job building upon those wonderful groupies that have blazed the trail before you, but you have put into words the way we all feel about our beloved Lodge and thread!

When I can't be sitting in the Carolwood Pacific Room myself, I retreat to the safety of this thread. There isn't anyone I wouldn't bow to or trust with my feelings in this thread. I have come to love all, old voices and new enthusiasts of the Lodge.

So many times in the last 18 months, when so busy trying to "herd all the cats" on a billion dollar job site, I have lurked among all of you, reading your tales, heading your advice, laughing at the adventures, and crying with the trials.

Sleepy, THANKS for picking up the baton, leading the way, setting the story straight, and prepping us for another great round at the virtual Lodge!

WooHoo a new thread :cool1:. I didn't want to miss out so I came over to say hi. We will be at VWL in 2 months and 3 weeks....we are so excited for our stay there. I know that there has been a lot of talk about the new Studios, but since we haven't stayed in the villas side before, we don't know what we will be missing (if we do get a new refurbed room that is). If we do get a new room (we are staying in a Studio BTW), I know my kids will love the murphy bed and will probably be switching off using it each night.

Sleepydog25, I was hoping maybe you could update us on the guest list...originally we were going to stay at POR from 5/23-5/26, but now we are staying at BC during those dates. Also, we added a night during our VWL stay so we are now checking out on 6/2 (flying out on Sunday got to be outrageous in price):goodvibes. Thank you so much for all that you do....everything looks great and I can't wait to read more, plus I love all the photos....they are really getting me excited for our trip (I don't know how much more excited I can be :goodvibes).

WooHoo a new thread :cool1:. I didn't want to miss out so I came over to say hi. We will be at VWL in 2 months and 3 weeks....we are so excited for our stay there. I know that there has been a lot of talk about the new Studios, but since we haven't stayed in the villas side before, we don't know what we will be missing (if we do get a new refurbed room that is). If we do get a new room (we are staying in a Studio BTW), I know my kids will love the murphy bed and will probably be switching off using it each night.

Sleepydog25, I was hoping maybe you could update us on the guest list...originally we were going to stay at POR from 5/23-5/26, but now we are staying at BC during those dates. Also, we added a night during our VWL stay so we are now checking out on 6/2 (flying out on Sunday got to be outrageous in price):goodvibes. Thank you so much for all that you do....everything looks great and I can't wait to read more, plus I love all the photos....they are really getting me excited for our trip (I don't know how much more excited I can be :goodvibes).
Done! :thumbsup2

Is anyone going to be watching the Oscars tonight? It's pretty much an annual event here and DH and I are finalizing our ballots. We both still think Saving Mr. Banks was just as deserving as most of the other films to get more nods. Especially Emma Thompson in her role. And both of us are quite puzzled at the talk that Gravity has moved to the top for best picture. We enjoyed it, but really? There isn't much else in the nominations that I see becoming classics either however so I guess it might as well be Gravity. Couldn't pick it on my ballot though.

I finally saw Frozen on the plane yesterday. Very cute! I now have some idea of why the line is 3 hours long to visit with Anna and Elsa. :faint: It didn't jump in to become my favorite Disney animated movie of recent years but it was good and goes on my list to win the Oscar. :thumbsup2

We'll likely watch the Oscars off and on through the night. I used to follow the race much closer in years past, even hosting a party one year. Anymore, we don't get around to seeing most of the nominated movies in any given year, so we're not too hyped about the awards show. Emma Thompson was robbed in not getting a nomination--she absolutely deserved a nod. That's reason alone to snub watching the Oscars in my book. I'm guessing Gravity will take home the lion's share of the awards, though 12 Years a Slave will likely grab a couple, too.

For the love of great googley-moogley! More snow? More ice? More single digit temperatures? Tomorrow. And then another shot come Thu/Fri. I surrender. I give up. I'm waving the white flag already. Luv and I have decided to move south come four and a half years from now. I cannot take these monumentally sucky winters much longer.

I know friends north of me have had it worse, but I ain't talking about them right now. Okay, I've finished venting for now. . .:crazy2:

For the love of great googley-moogley! More snow? More ice? More single digit temperatures? Tomorrow. And then another shot come Thu/Fri. I surrender. I give up. I'm waving the white flag already. Luv and I have decided to move south come four and a half years from now. I cannot take these monumentally sucky winters much longer.

I know friends north of me have had it worse, but I ain't talking about them right now. Okay, I've finished venting for now. . .:crazy2:

Right there with you. Schools and Federal gov't closed tomorrow. Guess I can stay up late and watch the Oscars. Must remember to leave hot water trickling overnight in the downstairs bathroom. Hope we don't lose power!! More time for the DIS tomorrow. :)

sleepy
Im with you on the icing and snow, I tried to bring the warm air with us yesterday, lasted one day:confused3

sleepy
Im with you on the icing and snow, I tried to bring the warm air with us yesterday, lasted one day:confused3
I did manage to get out and golf a little. . .only to have my new ride's batteries die as I hadn't charged them overnight. Oops.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!