VWL/Eastern Fantasy Cruise/AKV CL all wrapped into a fabulous b-day trip - Complete

Wow, that 's some veranda! Never be sorry for a lot of pictures, they are great! Thanks for sharing.

The verandah was so fantastic. I had been able to find a video of our room before the cruise so was very excited to finally see the verandah in person. Cool, lots more pictures to come :)

Thank you for explaining this. :goodvibes So Parrot Cay will be my sit down and BBB is the buffet on the Wonder? I don't want to juggle our carry one and a tray of food. :scared:

Both restaurants are buffets, just Parrot Cay seats you at your table before you attack the buffet. BBB is all self service. If you board too late they start directing everyone up to BBB, so you want to be early.

:rotfl2:

As of now, i'm looking at May 18-20th. My mom wants to come to help watch the baby (aka wants to be with the baby) so i'm trying to work some dates out. DM had plans for that weekend so if we don't go that weekend, it may be the weekend before Mother's day, the 4-6th. I need to hurry my butt up and figure it out either way!

Now that we didn't renew our AP's, tickets are so expensive! We're actually thinking about getting the Premier passes the next time we go to WDW.

I'll let you know what dates and then we can hopefully meet up for a drink or two!:cheer2:

Yes, we do need to figure it out! Last time I saw you, you couldn't have a drink!

I'm starting to get so excited! Even if my buffet will not be as grand as the one on the Fantasy, I can't wait to do an embarkation buffet on the ship! Your room looks great! It looks fairly spacious, and that verandah is awesome!

When do you leave? It's not long now :cool1:

I would be happy being on any of the ships, you know the food is going to be good regardless. I know I just went on two cruises practically back to back, but I want to be cruising again so badly!

The layout of the room was really nice and was quite spacious. I didn't end up using the verandah as much as mom did, but it was fabulous. I'd love to get that stateroom again.

Great update Pam and you're making me question our Navigator's Verandah. :upsidedow We'll be AFT on our cruise. I'm a view junkie. I'm thinking of changing but DS really likes the idea of the Navigator's. What to do?? :hyper:

Here's my thought on this, since it's his celebration trip let him keep the navigator's verandah this time, but since there will definitely be future cruises you can always try another stateroom category next time. Yes, there will be future cruises :) Being Aft is great, you're able to enjoy the view when you sail away from the ports. But of course you can always do that from the shared decks as well.

Your verandah is massive! So much space and so neat and clean. Hope you got to enjoy that verandah on your trip :thumbsup2

Mom enjoyed it much more than I did. She lounged out there and read. I found myself glued to the TV watching all the great old Disney movies I hadn't seen in ages. :rotfl: I did go out a few times, but she went out every day.

Wow, that 's some veranda! Never be sorry for a lot of pictures, they are great! Thanks for sharing.

I agree. I have massive catching up to do, but that looks so cool. Is that the back of the boat. Excuse me, the aft? :rotfl2: Really cool room and I really want one of those back packs. How many cruises till I can get one? :confused3

We had looked over the Daily Navigator during lunch and could not find a single thing about the DVC members meeting, so when we bumped into our neighbors and I saw they had a DVC magnet on their door I asked them if they knew anything about it. Yes they did and it was scheduled for 9:00 the next morning. Oh no! That’s when my massage was scheduled for. I really enjoy the DVC meetings so wanted to go back to the spa and try to reschedule the massage. We headed out and of course I took pictures along the way.

Mom wanted to walk across deck 12 so we walked up there first and unbeknownst to us, even after my extensive research, you can not get to the main deck it ends at Palo and Remy. As I write this I seem to remember coming across this info a long time ago. Oops, totally forgot that day.

I loved the carpet up there

And this adorable painting

So we went down to 11 and walked through Cabanas. Now this was probably my biggest pet peeve of the trip, we had to go through Cabanas to get to our room from above.

It was the tail end of lunch and the shrimp had been devoured. I loved produce sculptures.

This mural is gorgeous, and there is no way to capture it on camera

They had several beverage stations inside Cabanas, very convenient to anywhere you were sitting

We never went in, but I loved ths sign for the arcade

I did not mean to get a picture of this guy but I don’t think he was going to move anytime soon.

It looked like so much fun, and I definitely would have played in it if it had been hot enough for my liking.

I always love these Disney details!

Adults only pool which we still have never been in

I loved this painting but can’t for the life of me remember what its from

We’ve arrived at the spa

I snapped a picture of the waiting area while waiting my turn at reception

They had conveniently just had a cancelation and I could move my massage to 3:00 the next day. I had been having second thoughts about the price and almost just canceled it but mom talked me into it. I had been talking about it for the last two months and really wanted to do it. Mission accomplished again we headed out, and then headed right back in because the raffle we had entered when we first booked the massage was happening right then at 3:15. We didn’t win anything but still had fun.

After the spa raffle we needed to head to the lifeboat drill so headed that way. We went past the movie theater and I snapped some photos while it was empty.

A place to buy snacks when there’s a movie showing.

Yes, I’m taking pictures of the carpets again. They were different colors depending on where you were on the ship.

I thought they were all gorgeous.

I agree. I have massive catching up to do, but that looks so cool. Is that the back of the boat. Excuse me, the aft? :rotfl2: Really cool room and I really want one of those back packs. How many cruises till I can get one? :confused3

No worries and no rush, there's links. Yes, it's the very back on the left :) I have pictures from the outside too. Unless they change anything you'll get one on your second cruise. I can't wait to hear how you and Denny like cruising.

That veranda is quite something. I love the new DVC magnets. The carpets are so different from the classic ships and I really like them. I am glad that you managed to get your massage rescheduled. The reception area of the spa is stunning.

Thank you for explaining this. :goodvibes So Parrot Cay will be my sit down and BBB is the buffet on the Wonder? I don't want to juggle our carry one and a tray of food. :scared:

Parrot Cay offers a buffet at breakfast and lunch and is a sit down meal at dinner. The big difference between Parrot Cay and Beach Blanket Buffet is that at Parrot Cay you are seated before heading to the buffet and a server brings your drinks. At Beach Blanket Buffet, the entrance leads straight on the buffet line and you get your food and drinks first and then go and find a table. Normally I don't mind this, but on embarkation day it is a pain. The plus point at Beach Blanket Buffet is that they have a little area away from the buffet line where they cook omelets to order in the mornings and have some special things at lunch like build your own pasta, paella, tacos, etc.

Be warned, however early you are on the ship the first day, they try to herd everybody up to Beach Blanket Buffet. If Parrot Cay is open, just tell them that you want to eat there. Sometimes they take names and ask you to wait in the Promenade Lounge to be called.

Corinna

This is great! I am laughing, though, because I am about to start my TR from Spring break, which was 2 nights at VWL followed by 4 nights on the dream- and we felt the same way about VWL! I never expected to love it as much as we did, and we hope to be able to go back. :) Our photos are very, very similar- we kind of did the same exploring/over to Ft wilderness (we just rode bikes). :thumbsup2

Both restaurants are buffets, just Parrot Cay seats you at your table before you attack the buffet. BBB is all self service. If you board too late they start directing everyone up to BBB, so you want to be early.

So Parrot Cay and BBB are both on the Wonder?

Here's my thought on this, since it's his celebration trip let him keep the navigator's verandah this time, but since there will definitely be future cruises you can always try another stateroom category next time. Yes, there will be future cruises :) Being Aft is great, you're able to enjoy the view when you sail away from the ports. But of course you can always do that from the shared decks as well.

That was my initial thinking and I think you're right. When we all go for Gabby's we'll definitely get a verandah. Yours was fabulous!​

Parrot Cay offers a buffet at breakfast and lunch and is a sit down meal at dinner. The big difference between Parrot Cay and Beach Blanket Buffet is that at Parrot Cay you are seated before heading to the buffet and a server brings your drinks. At Beach Blanket Buffet, the entrance leads straight on the buffet line and you get your food and drinks first and then go and find a table. Normally I don't mind this, but on embarkation day it is a pain. The plus point at Beach Blanket Buffet is that they have a little area away from the buffet line where they cook omelets to order in the mornings and have some special things at lunch like build your own pasta, paella, tacos, etc.

Be warned, however early you are on the ship the first day, they try to herd everybody up to Beach Blanket Buffet. If Parrot Cay is open, just tell them that you want to eat there. Sometimes they take names and ask you to wait in the Promenade Lounge to be called.

Corinna

:thanks: Thank you for the tip! :thumbsup2 I will tell them we want Parrot Cay if its open. But I do love build your own anything! Hmmm.......we can go to BBB anytime though right? I still don't have my head wrapped around cruise dining. :blush:

Pam, the carpets are very pretty. I'd take photos of them too. I'm glad you could reschedule. Tell me about the raffles. That Fantasy sure is a beautiful ship.

I absolutely love that picture of Remy looking into Paris. I have an obsession with scenes from Ratatouille! I took a picture of this on the Dream

Did you happen to get any pictures of the adult area on the ship? I know it's supposed to be a little different than the Dream because of all the complaints about it being too small.

I'm glad you kept your massage appointment! Can't wait to hear about that!

Is there a photo of the magnets?

If you have a look at the fourth photo in post 113 (the photo of the door) you can see the new DVC magnet peeking out.

So Parrot Cay and BBB are both on the Wonder?

:thanks: Thank you for the tip! :thumbsup2 I will tell them we want Parrot Cay if its open. But I do love build your own anything! Hmmm.......we can go to BBB anytime though right? I still don't have my head wrapped around cruise dining. :blush:

Yes, they are both on the Wonder. The Magic also has Parrot Cay, but the buffet on deck 9 is called Topsiders on the Magic. Apart from the themeing and the name they are identical though.

I am not sure if the build your own station is open for the embarkation lunch, but it is definitely operational during any other lunch. The servers that give out the trays usually tell people what that day's offering is.

Corinna

I had to the off the mobile version in order to see the photo of the door big enough! It is a cute magnet.

That veranda is quite something. I love the new DVC magnets. The carpets are so different from the classic ships and I really like them. I am glad that you managed to get your massage rescheduled. The reception area of the spa is stunning.
Corinna

The only thing about the new magnets is that they don't have a year on them. I really liked having the year on the other magnets as a reminder when I got it. Oh well.

I really loved all the carpets. I need to go back to my pictures of the Dream, I can't remember what those carpets were like.

I was in two minds about the massage because of the price, but in the end I'm so glad I did it.

This is great! I am laughing, though, because I am about to start my TR from Spring break, which was 2 nights at VWL followed by 4 nights on the dream- and we felt the same way about VWL! I never expected to love it as much as we did, and we hope to be able to go back. :) Our photos are very, very similar- we kind of did the same exploring/over to Ft wilderness (we just rode bikes). :thumbsup2

Great minds think alike!

How did you like the Dream? That was the first ship we went on and loved it, caused us to fall in love with cruising. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter