Vow Renewal on DCL

MindydLeon

<font color=red>Lover of all things DISNEY ... esp
Is there anyone out there who has first hand knowledge of the vow renewals on the disney cruise line? I have seen the posts telling me how much and what's included, but I want to know if it was worth the additional $1,100 ... also, how long in advance do you need to book it. I already have my cruise booked and since a lot of my family are going too, (and none of them made it to the wedding 17 years ago ... long story ... :rolleyes: ) I thought it might be neat to do the vow renewal thing ... any thoughts out there?

:D

Hi Mindy,

We're having our vow renewal on our upcoming September cruise. While I'm not an expert I can tell you about what my planning kit has in it and what I've been told from my coordinator at Fairy Tale Weddings. Are you doing a 7-day or 3/4 day cruise? My info is for the 7-day so the day of the renewal would differ for a shorter cruise.

First of all if you are seriously considering it you may want to call Fairy Tale Weddings right away as they will only book one renewal per cruise. This was a problem for us and I had to move our cruise by a week as there was already a renewal planned for the cruise date we were looking at. (Worked out better though as we're now going to the Western Caribean instead of the Eastern which we've been on twice already).

The renewal package will give you a wedding coordinator as soon as you board the ship. They offer concierge service for any reservations, etc. The renewal will take place on Thursday afternoon (at sea day) at 4:30pm in Sessions. The Captain will perform your vow renewal. You will have a piano player perform during your ceremony. There is a cake and champagne reception which will immediately follow the ceremony. You will have dinner at Palo that evening. Your flowers and your husband's boutonniere are included as well as the keepsake cake topper, a photo and a Disney renewal certificate. There is also some kind of special gift to the two of you. My planning package has many choices for cake flavors, flower choices and music choices for your ceremony. Which reminds me I should get it completed and sent back to my coordinator. When I first received it September seems so long away now it's starting to creep up.

I hope this helps a bit. When is your cruise?

If you have a wedding or vow renewal on a Disney cruise, are you allowed to bring the flowers off the ship with you when you disembark? What about the cake?

I inquired about that too. DCL doesn't care if you take the flowers and cake off the ship but customs does. My coordinator said she knows of a couple who did take them off the ship without any problems but obviously they must have been hidden in a cooler or luggage. The answer is that you cannot take them off the ship with you. What you do is your own business. :)

Actually, they DO allow more than one vow renewal per cruise.

My DW and I are having our vows renewed on the July 6th cruise. I'll be happy to report back next month on the experience. Anyway, we're the second couple on our cruise getting their vows renewed. We're scheduled for 5:30 pm on Thursday. We just reserved the vow renewal last month. But, if its important to you, I would reserve it now. You can always cancel later.

Now, if my lovely DW can just find the right dress to wear, everything will be fine!

Stormkrow......I'd love to hear the details. I've never talked to anyone who has had the renewal package and would love to hear first hand.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Hi!

I just got married on DCL less than two weeks ago. I was able to take my bouquet off the ship and I did it legally! I asked the agriculture - customs person and he said that fresh cut flowers are okay. I would still ask before you do though, because there is a hefty fine and none of the signs posted stated anything about fresh cut flowers.

I am still on my honeymoon right now, but when I get back, feel free to ask me questions about DCL weddings.

Take Care,
Mary

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter