Vow renewal/meeting room question

jngwright

DIS Veteran
We are thinking of doing a vow renewal for our 11th anniversary on 11/11/11 at WDW. We want to invite all of our wedding party and their kids to join us.
My question is: My aunt is a minister and she would be joining us. We would like her to do the renewal ceremony. Do we have to plan this through Disney, or is there an area (or room) at a resort (AKL for example) that we could rent for a flat fee for the ceremony?

Does this make sense?:confused3

TIA:thumbsup2

A zillion people will post and tell you that you have to go thru disney... If you are caught doing a wedding without going through disney they'll throw you out.
Your aunt can perform your ceremony with no problem if you go thru disney. My uncle was going to do mine and my sister brought her MIL's rabbi to do hers. Lurkyloo also brought her officiant from home, it's something that they are used to.

Is there a link to info for renewals?

Our main thing is being together with friends and family. We don't want to pay thousands of $$ for 10 minutes in a room...:)

Maybe we should just make a huge ADR for Le Cellier and have my aunt sit at our table and do it quietly there.:lmao: Then, maybe, we wouldn't be banished from WDW:rotfl2:

Have you considered a DCL vow renewal? A little cheaper than WDW ceremonies... we're doing our wedding on DCL and it's $2500 for on deck and $3500 for Castaway Cay (we're doing on deck)... and I know there are a few ladies here that did the DCL VR...I believe the VR MIGHT be a little cheaper than the wedding... but it's basically the same thing... I'm sure one of the previous DCL VR brides will chime in here with better info... :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter