Volcano Bay towel rental - $4.50/ea seriously!?!

anricat

DIS Veteran
On another forum I'm on, someone posted that towel rental is running $4.50 each at Volcano Bay. This seems absurd to me.

Do they charge for towels at the pools at the resort? Is there anything stopping me from taking towels from my resort pool? I really really don't want to pack towels.

Yes! It's crazy. I was going to take them from the resort but forgot them on the bed. Grab the ones from the pool area, those are bigger than the ones in the room.

Well I know I'll be bringing our towels from our room then. I'm cheap and hate paying for towels. Unless it's like the localish waterpark here where you pay a deposit up front but get your deposit back as long as you return the towels.

Bringing your own beach towels is always an option, makes it easy to find your spot in a sea of white towels.

Bringing your own beach towels is always an option, makes it easy to find your spot in a sea of white towels.

But if you are on an airline that charges for luggage, that could put you over into a second suitcase, which costs more. We're flying Southwest, so it's free, but we still have to haul it around.

Also, if your trip to VB is near the end of your vacation, it's possible you're going to be lugging home wet towels. Which seems...less than idea.

But if you are on an airline that charges for luggage, that could put you over into a second suitcase, which costs more. We're flying Southwest, so it's free, but we still have to haul it around.

Also, if your trip to VB is near the end of your vacation, it's possible you're going to be lugging home wet towels. Which seems...less than idea.

One size doesn't fit all but lots of options

Can take old ratty ones and toss if limited on luggage, akin to how many do with underwear

Buy large zip bags at $ store & stow Towels. It works for wet bathing suits too btw

Agree it's an obvious money grab, but in big scheme of things, in line with a bottle of smart water

Unless people complain/vote with their feet the rental system will likely stand

They were actually $4.26 without tax. I was a bit surprised too. I am still glad that I didn't pack our beach towels; however, I will be snagging some at Portofino for VB in late July.

I used one of those ziploc space saver vacuum bags and they smooshed up pretty nicely. I had space to throw in three of our older, thinner towels. That way we can just go straight there on Friday morning. We won't have to worry about procuring some from the pool.

I used one of those ziploc space saver vacuum bags and they smooshed up pretty nicely. I had space to throw in three of our older, thinner towels. That way we can just go straight there on Friday morning. We won't have to worry about procuring some from the pool.

That's a good idea:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter