Volcano bay strategy post-covid

DisneyRobbie

Earning My Ears
How are the lines in Volcano Bay post pandemic? We are staying at Portofino Bay for a week March 21-27 (beginning of Spring Break).
From reading the Unofficial Guide, they say Volcano Bay fills up very fast and recommended rope dropping - is this true in the middle of the week as well? Is it necessary to rope drop post covid?
Is it possible to do one park in the morning and Volcano Bay in the afternoon and be able to do anything, or are the lines ridiculous long if you show up too late?

It's very tough to say what it will be like when you arrive. A lot (or too little) can happen as it relates to covid between now and then.

I'm guessing that March 21-27 will still be well before "post covid". If I had to guess there will still be reduced capacity and other covid safety measures still in place.

All that being said, VB without the benefit of free unlimited Express Pass from the premier hotels, was always best to rope drop (and staying on-site you still at least get early access). Usually by noon or early afternoon all of the slides have really long waits. So for us the strategy has always been to rope drop, enjoy things until lunch time when it gets busy, head back to the resort for lunch, then hit up the dry parks for the afternoon with Express Pass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter