Volcano bay express pass

I was wondering the same thing. It seems like there've been a lot of issues with tapu tapu and wait times. I'm hoping that having express pass will mean that we can just ride what we want to at our leisure and not even have to worry about tapu tapu at all. (I'm sure that they'll eventually get the whole tapu tapu thing figured out, but we'll be there before they've had a chance to iron out the kinks, I think.)

Is there unlimited express pass or just the one time per ride express pass?

We have the Universal Express Unlimited pass for our upcoming trip, with 3 park, park-to-park ticket. Language on my reservation says:

• SKIP THE REGULAR LINES with Universal ExpressSM Unlimited Ride access in both theme parks all day - a FREE benefit worth up to $89 per person, per day.
Does this mean we already have the VB Unlimited express pass? Or do we have to get a separate one for the water park?

Is that from an onsite hotel? My understanding is that doesn't work for VB.

Does this mean we already have the VB Unlimited express pass? Or do we have to get a separate one for the water park?

your reservation looks to be from an onsite hotel

in which case, the Express Passes you get with your hotel room are not valid at VB. You'd need an additional EP for VB

you still get Early Admission at VB

You have to purchase the ones for Volcano Bay. They are not included in the onsite hotel stays. They only work for Studios and Islands of Adventure.

Hi I just read a tweet from Orlando Informer that you can't purchase EP on the website for VB right now.

I wondered what was going on because I have been trying all day to see about purchasing them. I may call to see what is going on. Wonder if they are already trying to make some changes...

Hi I just read a tweet from Orlando Informer that you can't purchase EP on the website for VB right now.

Thank you! I've been trying and when I click for the calendar to pick a day, nothing happens. I wonder if it's a glitch or if they've actually prevented it. If it were the latter, I would think some kind of message would be helpful!

I just got off the phone with universal and they said that "all of the express passes for volcano bay are sold out until further notice." So I don't know if they just stopped selling them or if they actually sold out. I hope they sell more because I don't know if it will be worth it to go and have to wait 6 hours to ride 1-2 rides.

Hi I am not surprised with all the issues going on. I think it is going to be awhile before we see them selling them again. Then the other question is are they going to keep using it in the park for people who already bought them. I am thinking they might put a hold on the whole thing till they figure out what to do. I have EP for late July, I bought them right after the grand opening and saw the flawed system. Here's to hoping :thumbsup2

Hi I am not surprised with all the issues going on. I think it is going to be awhile before we see them selling them again. Then the other question is are they going to keep using it in the park for people who already bought them. I am thinking they might put a hold on the whole thing till they figure out what to do. I have EP for late July, I bought them right after the grand opening and saw the flawed system. Here's to hoping :thumbsup2

I think they will honor the ones already sold. But I also think that we may not see Express pass sales for Volcano Bay open again until after the Summer and novelty wears off. I think the express system with the immediate ease of re-rides coupled with the reliability thus far is really causing the Tapu system to go crazy. I really want to get some reports back from someone with unlimited Express to confirm this.

I spoke with someone at universal and they are going to honor any express passes sold. I'm just sad that when I decided to buy them, it was a day too late.

bad news :-(
I was hesitating and decided to buy them the day they stopped selling them....
Going in July... Hope the Tapu Tapu issues will be solved till then

I spoke with someone at universal and they are going to honor any express passes sold. I'm just sad that when I decided to buy them, it was a day too late.

I'm in the exact same boat. Fortunately, we are AP's and are staying at Cabana Bay to boot. Can always just walk back to the hotel if it gets too crazy at VB.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter