VMK Remembered

disneyfan333

FUTURE IMAGINEER!!!
Okay I know there's probably a million of these threads out there, but does anyone else find it weird that 6 years fater VMK closed, I still feel remorse over what could have been? This wasn't just a game, it was a way to connect with the Disney lifestyle on a daily basis, a way to escape your every day struggles by traveling to Disney via your personal computer...there was so much more to this then I think Disney had anticipated, and I think there was so much more to be uncovered here with such raw potential. This "game" which was more of a virtual world to us, was something that anyone any age could adapt and devote themselves to, it was exactly what Walt himself had imagined the real Magic Kingdon to become. So why take away something that brings so much joy and devotion to the fans that support time and time again? I've waited years and years, read article after article, watched youtube video after video, hoping to find information on when Disney may be start enough to bring back such a phenomenon...but to no success. It boggles my mind how Disney couldn't figure out a way to make money off of this site, instead tyhey rolled with Pirates, and toon town...and look where they are now....exactly.

So my question is why did they stray so far away from what was so obviously right in their consumer's minds? and how do we retain what we have lost? How can we bring back VMK to a new generation, with a new vision? Someone help me out here because I'm willing, and have always been willing, to take our venture to the next level, to the form where we can bring back some version of VMK.

Hi

I just googled VMK - (I didn't know what that was!!!!) and it came up with

VMKRevisited.com

Just thought you might be interested.

xxx

You might be interested in MyVMK, a recreation of VMK. http://www.myvmk.com/

Created and run by fans, not Disney. They don't make any money out of it, so apparently Disney is leaving them alone (for now).

For more info, search the forums for myvmk. There are several threads discussing the game and site.

I was sad at first, but truthfully, I don't miss it.
It was very cool though. And I loved being able to go to the place on Main St in MK and fiddle around with it there, short-lived as that was too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter