VMK don't forget the Parade and scavenger hunt tonight!!!!SATURDAY

Maleficent2

DIS Veteran
at 7 pm est

Hope to see everyone there maybe we could form teams! Anyone want to meet up in the DIS room befor the BIG event?

On Saturday, June 18, VMK is hosting a "Big Parade"! They will give out prizes and all kinds of stuff! Hope you will join us there!

What: Big Parade
When: Saturday, June 18 at(in pm) : 6:00 CST;7:00 EST;4:00 PST;5:00 MST
Where: Meet at any one of these three locations: Main Street, Town Square and Central Plaza.
What: An awesome party, a special scavenger hunt, prizes for great summer outfits, and more.

Your chance to win new magic powers and special

Mal

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it. :sad1: But...I hope everyone that goes has a good time and wins lots of cool stuff. :cool1:

I am trying to log on but it won't let me. I have tried 8x now. It gets me all loaded up and tells me my connection has failed and takes me back to the log in screen.

Maybe there are too many people in.

If you missed it, don't be too disappointed.

It was a bust. Most had technical problems, rooms filled up, but nothing happened. The scavenger hunt was to just find some of the VMK cast members in rooms. The parade was just people lining up.

I was there. Took a bunch of times to log in. Then the game started a half hour later. It only lasted about 15 mins. Personally i thought it was dumb. It wasnt a "party", all you did was try and find certin members. I wish they told you where the people were, or gave you any sort of rules, or guidleines. My main compaint is that you never have any real info on what to do in the VMK. Its like trial by error. And PLEASE why cant we use so many normal words, or even numbers. ..

Lol Ok i feel better now.

The numbers are to keep people from revealing their ages, I think.

But I can't figure out why some of the words that are banned are on the no-no list.

Well the ages thing I think I understand but it sure is difficult when you are trying to explain to someone how many points you need for this game or what level you need to get to and so on.

I agree, the "party" was dumb! My daughter and I were there and she was so hoping to see some sort of parade.. not us just lining up and following the leader! LOL

Was it said there would be a parade?

There is to muc to do and say that involves numbers. Its dumb that you cant. They should have people monitor the conversation, rather then make it impossible for us to have a conversation.

We were in Epcot, so I missed it. But doesn't sound like I missed much.
A MK CM told me the lack of numbers was so phone, cell and pager numbers could not be exchanged.

You sure didn't miss anything, Luv2Roam! My son was in Central Plaza (while the rest of us watched - only one computer) for a good 15 minutes after the starting time, only to find out that the parade was just everyone walking in a line! We even stayed on after that, thinking only good thoughts, until the parade line was instructed to move, then all hell broke loose! LOL

Once you got in the next area, no one knew which way to go -- the lines completely dissolved, stairways and doorways got blocked with people with no clue, and there certainly was no semblance of a parade! Dead ends and turn-arounds -- yeah, fun! LOL

Finally, they announced the scavenger hunt was to begin and you had to find this certain VMK cast member -- out of ALL of the possible rooms in the VMK (north-northwest: south-southwest, etc.) that were open and loaded with people. We looked around a little, but it was like finding a needle in a haystack, so we left, disappointed.

I know it was a stress test for the system, but remembering again that this game is aimed at kids, it was a big buildup for nothing for those kids you waited so long for the thing to start, and with such high expectations!

At least we we're in MrLunatix's room to begin with, and he kept us entertained with his pirate costume pin ;)

It sounds rather insultive actually.
Invite a bunch of on-line guests and then tell them they ARE the parade. :crazy: :rolleyes:
The LEAST they should have done is given all Main St attendees extra points for being there, or small park freebie, like a hint or something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts