Viva Italia June 28, 2012

jlou

Mouseketeer
We're booked! I can't believe it! :rotfl:

Thanks to Kevin for being so helpful!

Who else is in?

Researching pre- and post-stays now...

we are looking at june 24 trip. We might end up on 28 th trip depending snow days. Have you looked at the airline prices? What used to be $900 ticket is noe $1680 with Continental. My ??, do you wait or buy the tickets now at these obviously inflated prices.

we are looking at june 24 trip. We might end up on 28 th trip depending snow days. Have you looked at the airline prices? What used to be $900 ticket is noe $1680 with Continental. My ??, do you wait or buy the tickets now at these obviously inflated prices.

I'm watching and waiting for now. The prices I've been seeing are $1,700 for us. Crazy. I did find some for $1,200 out of an airport that is 4 hours from us. I expected around $1,200. If I saw something for $900, I'd jump on it.

Wow, how are you going to predict your snow days? We get a ton of snow here, but rarely any snow days. Our planned last day of school is June 7.

I am looking at the August 2 trip and the best airfare I could find from San Francisco was 2000.00 each for coach !!! That would be 8000 in airfare alone for the 4 of us. I am having a bit of sticker shock now that I am thinking of actually booking a trip.

With the air prices so high, I'm seriously feeling sick over the cost of this trip.

Someone please remind me that it will be worth it!

Thanks. :goodvibes I don't know why the air price has almost pushed me over the edge. I was expecting high air prices, and the difference in total of the price with my expected air vs the price with the actual (as it stands today) air is not that great, so I don't know why I'm flipping.

We've saved and waited for this trip since our last one in 2008, so I shouldn't worry. Right?

i agree, having waited for two years (saving Points) we have decided to go and we will wait and book when the prices come down. Are you booking your air thru Disney?

i agree, having waited for two years (saving Points) we have decided to go and we will wait and book when the prices come down. Are you booking your air thru Disney?

Do you mean your waiting to book your air until the prices go down, or your ABD?

I booked with Dreams Unlimited, and will have them book my air through Disney, so that I don't have to worry about losing anything on a cancelled trip. I'm going to keep my eye on the air, and when I see something I want, I'll let DU know. At least, I think that's the system.

Does anyone know if you can use airline points to upgrade seats if you have Disney do your air?

Does anyone know if you can use airline points to upgrade seats if you have Disney do your air?

Will depend on class of the fare O, Q, T, & W are tougher to upgrade.
Some can upgrade with points only, some have to be cash & points. Look for the letter assigned to the fare you get.

We may try to get business class on the way there to assure that we sleep well on the plane.

I'm so happy, I just spoke with ABD, and was told that there are now 22 booked on this trip, with 8 kids 17 years old and under. Perfect! A big part of our enjoyment of our last ABD was having the group of kids along; my kids really enjoyed being with everyone.

Anyone on the boards also on this trip?

We are in!

Can't wait - we are a family of 4 with two girls ages 15 and 18. This is our first Adventures by Disney tour. Looking forward to meeting our fellow travelers.

We are in!

Can't wait - we are a family of 4 with two girls ages 15 and 18. This is our first Adventures by Disney tour. Looking forward to meeting our fellow travelers.

Oh YAY! I'm so glad there is someone else on the board going on our trip! Can't wait! We are four also, plus my mother-in-law. I'm sure we're going to love this trip.

We are in!

Welcome to the DISboards, and Congrats! You're going to love ABD! It's very addictive!

Sayhello

Oh yeah, just noticed, BSF, that you're also new to the Disboards. Welcome!

Looking forward to meeting you and your family. This is our second AbD, we did Knights and Lights in 2008. We loved having Disney plan everything for us, and get us into the "must sees", and we loved the amount of free time we had to just be our own family exploring an exciting city. I'm sure you and your girls are going to love this trip.

When are you arriving?

I haven't booked flights yet bit planning to come in a day early. How about you? And, how old are your kids?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter