Vittles A Go-Go: Hicks on Holiday - Update 2/14/09, pg 18 COMPLETE!

I do not believe I have ever eaten at Pizza Planet. Since I do not eat pizza, as a rule, that might be the reason why. Sounds as if it was made for you and your crew though.

BTW, did you hear that with the bad economy DW will be offering 3 days free with a 4 nite stay next year AND Free Dining? Of course all the live entertainment will be gone and you will be required to seat yourself on all rides, dress up in costumes and walk down Main Street as part of the parade, and bring your own sparklers for the nighttime fireworks. Shhh, do not tell anyone else. :lmao: Does your husband know how to drive a bus?

SG

I do not believe I have ever eaten at Pizza Planet. Since I do not eat pizza, as a rule, that might be the reason why. Sounds as if it was made for you and your crew though.

BTW, did you hear that with the bad economy DW will be offering 3 days free with a 4 nite stay next year AND Free Dining? Of course all the live entertainment will be gone and you will be required to seat yourself on all rides, dress up in costumes and walk down Main Street as part of the parade, and bring your own sparklers for the nighttime fireworks. Shhh, do not tell anyone else. :lmao: Does your husband know how to drive a bus?

SG

:lmao:

Well...yes, yes he does. He drives a 15 passenger on a daily basis. He probably would like a shot at a bus, but it would probably end up much like the movie Speed. So he probably wouldn't last long. LOL

The stockholders want to see profits. Maybe they will volunteer to scoop up the horse pooey. :confused3

I AM hoping it will be Free Dining AND a slight room discount. I can dream, right?

Back before they started enforcing the speed limits on everyone, including, DW bus drivers it often felt like you were on the bus in "Speed". I think they went faster when they had more standing people. It was often the scariest ride anyone rode. I am glad for the changes. :cool1:

Disney needs that horse phooey for the Flower (singular) and Garden Show. :flower3:

People who have never gone before will not know what they are missing and those of us who go often will remember but deal with it.

Wishing I was there to deal with it this Christmas. BTW, I want the room discount, Free Food AND during a cooler part of the year. :wizard:

SG

People who have never gone before will not know what they are missing and those of us who go often will remember but deal with it.

Wishing I was there to deal with it this Christmas. BTW, I want the room discount, Free Food AND during a cooler part of the year. :wizard:

SG

Amen sister! I was trying to go in April or May with the new sale, but no go.
Our first family trip was in Feb. That was the best!

:woohoo: I'm glad you're back to posting!

We've never dined at Pizza Planet, but we did stop there on our last trip to buy a Toy Story souvenir mug. :) On our next trip, we're not doing the dining plan and will be doing more cs to save $$$, so maybe we'll give Pizza Planet a whirl. Is there a lot of seating available upstairs? Thanks again for the reviews! :thumbsup2

:woohoo: I'm glad you're back to posting!

We've never dined at Pizza Planet, but we did stop there on our last trip to buy a Toy Story souvenir mug. :) On our next trip, we're not doing the dining plan and will be doing more cs to save $$$, so maybe we'll give Pizza Planet a whirl. Is there a lot of seating available upstairs? Thanks again for the reviews! :thumbsup2

There seemed to be quite a bit of seating upstairs. The bathrooms are up there too. They were kind of small.

Glad to see you! :goodvibes I haven't been around the SL boards very much. I always get lured into the Beam threads, but other than that, not too much.

Thanks for reading!

Sarah! I just noticed the dates on your ticker. When is your next trip? We might overlap by a day or two.

Thanks for the info on Pizza Planet seating and the restroom info. One can never have too much restroom information while on vacation. :)

Sarah! I just noticed the dates on your ticker. When is your next trip? We might overlap by a day or two.

Thanks for the info on Pizza Planet seating and the restroom info. One can never have too much restroom information while on vacation. :)

Tentatively, and depending on any Free Dining offers, we are looking at going Sept.19-Oct. 1, '09. That would be cool if we could meet!
Is your dh going this time?

We have been holding off "officially" committing to doing a trip until we can get some bills paid off, but we are talking about it a lot, and I needed a pick me up, so we made a ticker. LOL

If you have read my trip report (see siggy) you'll know that we have visited MANY of the restrooms in WDW. LOL :thumbsup2

I must have miscounted the months. : ( We're going in August so dh can travel with us this time. It's too bad we'll not overlap! I'm pretty sure we won't get free dining, but I am hoping for a good room-only code.

I also know a whole lot about the restrooms of WDW. I think we've frequented a good majority of them more than once. :rolleyes1

I must have miscounted the months. : ( We're going in August so dh can travel with us this time. It's too bad we'll not overlap! I'm pretty sure we won't get free dining, but I am hoping for a good room-only code.

I also know a whole lot about the restrooms of WDW. I think we've frequented a good majority of them more than once. :rolleyes1

Well, I guess I'd rather that your dh be able to travel with you than us meet, right? LOL

Hope you get a good deal! :wizard:

If it makes you feel better, you were counting right, my ticker was a month off! :rotfl2:
Don't know how I managed that. Wishful thinking, maybe? :rolleyes1

MOM, how is your mil doing? Will she be coming with you on your trip? I thought of you when I watched Jon and Kate plus 8 go to WDW recently. They had at least three other people come to help take care of their children. They are far braver than I.

I told my grandson that we were planning on going to DW next Christmas with my husband's brothers and he asked me if he were invited as well. How I wish. :love:

SG

MOM, how is your mil doing? Will she be coming with you on your trip? I thought of you when I watched Jon and Kate plus 8 go to WDW recently. They had at least three other people come to help take care of their children. They are far braver than I.

I told my grandson that we were planning on going to DW next Christmas with my husband's brothers and he asked me if he were invited as well. How I wish. :love:

SG

Thanks for asking! :goodvibes
She's doing pretty well. Her heart surgery helped so much. But her kidneys are still not working correctly, and she is on dialysis 3 times a week.
She will be going back to U of M to work on getting on the transplant list (none of us qualify as live donors, as she has a rare blood type and some antibody issues.)
We'd love to have her come with us, and she talks about it sometimes, but realistically, it's probably not going to happen any time soon.

I laugh at that J & K + 8 episode, as I never have a film crew following me around at WDW, but I guess it doesn't count if you give birth to them one at a time! :lmao:

I probably would want that many helpers if I had 6 three year olds myself. LOL

We actually prefer NOT to have a lot of help, because we tend to lose more children that way, assuming someone else has them. :sad2:

It helps to have our own teenagers, as they are a lot of help, and used to looking out for the littles.

I wish you could take your grandson too. That would be fun. :wizard:

Howdy there MOM, been a bit sidetracked by cataract surgery. Went well and I do not need glasses anymore! Odd feeling after 50 or so years. Feel nekkid!:scared1:

I am glad that your mil is doing better but I sure hope she does not have a long wait for a transplant. Do not get me started on my opinions on such. :headache:

I need help keeping track of my 75 year old let alone a group of small children. One at a time is my limit nowadays.

A friend recently told me that it was wrong to have big families because so much responsibility was put on the older kids to help with the smaller ones. As the eldest child of 8 myself I told the woman that it was great training and what is wrong with many children nowadays is the fact that they are NOT given responsibility. The Duggars seem like a great family and the mom is not sitting around doing nothing while the kids do the work, everyone pitches in and that is what makes a family a family. IMO.

Are you salivating at all the great deals that have come out so far and with the promise of even more to come next year? I am. I am. I am thinking that AP;s will have some sort of discount as they have discounted everything else. :cloud9:

SG

Howdy there MOM, been a bit sidetracked by cataract surgery. Went well and I do not need glasses anymore! Odd feeling after 50 or so years. Feel nekkid!:scared1:

I bet! I'd feel weird without mine. My eyes have been changing from nearsighted to far-sighted, so I asked the dr. if they would change enough that I would have perfect sight, and she lauged and said "OH NO, you have way too bad eyesight for that to ever happen!" :rotfl:

I am glad that your mil is doing better but I sure hope she does not have a long wait for a transplant. Do not get me started on my opinions on such. :headache:

I need help keeping track of my 75 year old let alone a group of small children. One at a time is my limit nowadays.

A friend recently told me that it was wrong to have big families because so much responsibility was put on the older kids to help with the smaller ones. As the eldest child of 8 myself I told the woman that it was great training and what is wrong with many children nowadays is the fact that they are NOT given responsibility. The Duggars seem like a great family and the mom is not sitting around doing nothing while the kids do the work, everyone pitches in and that is what makes a family a family. IMO.

It's been good for my kids to take ownership of this family, if that makes sense. They aren't just bobbing along, they are an active part of what happens.
I knew about the Duggars before they were tv stars.
You see, there is a secret network of large families. We all look out for each other. It's part of our plot to rule the world.
Shhh....

[Though, in a lot of ways, as a homeschooling mom, Michelle Duggar makes me look BAD. Not a lot of family violin playing going on around here. LOL]

Are you salivating at all the great deals that have come out so far and with the promise of even more to come next year? I am. I am. I am thinking that AP;s will have some sort of discount as they have discounted everything else. :cloud9:

SG

My SIL and I were talking about this last night. We're hoping for free dining AND a bit of a discount. But, even if it's JUST free dining, I'll live. LOL
We'd have to get all of our rooms for free to beat free dining.

Hope you are feeling perky and that the eyes are healing great! :hug:

MOM, never say never. I would have never thought I would not need glasses. Things are always changing.

No violin players? How awful of you.:lmao: How about bagpipes or accordions, we always need more of those. Just teachers, scientists and potential Disney CM's coming from your household?:thumbsup2

For your family Free Dining is a dream come true but for those of us who are only one or two and are trying to avoid eating more than we should a room discount, ticket reductions and a gift card are dreams come true. :laughing:

I do not mind large families taking control of the world but do advise that MINE would not be a good choice to do so. YOURS is fine by me.:love:

SG

MOM, never say never. I would have never thought I would not need glasses. Things are always changing.

No violin players? How awful of you.:lmao: How about bagpipes or accordions, we always need more of those. Just teachers, scientists and potential Disney CM's coming from your household?:thumbsup2

I went to a college that had bagpipers in the marching band. They were cool. They knew how to play "Louie, Louie" and would throw it in the middle of a lovely Scottish ballad just to see if anyone was paying attention. LOL
My best friend in the homeschooling group played accordian as a kid. I LOVE to tease her about it. LOL
Yeah, DisneyGirl wants to be Belle at WDW. And The Chef wants to be...well, a chef, at WDW. And we're all ok with that. :thumbsup2

For your family Free Dining is a dream come true but for those of us who are only one or two and are trying to avoid eating more than we should a room discount, ticket reductions and a gift card are dreams come true. :laughing:

I think that Disney should ask "What discount would benefit you the most?" and then give us each that one. Sound good?
Are you going in the Spring?

I do not mind large families taking control of the world but do advise that MINE would not be a good choice to do so. YOURS is fine by me.:love:

SG
Some who know us might disagree, but I appreciate the vote of confidence!
:goodvibes

MOM (Mom of Many in case you forgot), I knew that DG was my favorite. Belle is the only one I will stand in line to get my picture taken with. I am looking forward to the day that she takes over that role and I want to be in the first dozen or so line.

Here is hoping that your DS gets his wish to be a chef. I hope that my new buddy Will, ds of Angwill, will get to join him. I fear that WDW is in sore need of some new chefs AND their being allowed to be creative and competitive with each other. The food is boring and coming from someone who only gets to eat while at DW that is saying something. The best thing I had last trip was a tuna sandwich at the POP Food Court. Sad, very sad.

I love your idea of ala carte discounts. What works for one will not for another.

Me gotta go now!:laughing:

SG/who is a rocker at heart and plans to commit suicide by dancing to Wipeout one last time.

Donald's Breakfastasauras
Animal Kingdom
Sept. 24, 2007

Yeah, I know, this restaurant is no longer serving its character breakfast.

I'm just throwing this in as a freebie,
and also with the thought that the chefs may have moved to Tusker House,
so therefore the info may still be relevent.

This was our third trip to Donald's Breakfastasauras,
and, sad to say, the bloom was off the lily for us.
The first trip was great.
Our waitress was awesome, the characters paid us tons of attention,
and the food seemed really good.
My only complaint was that we waited way too long to be seated,
but we had checked in early, a mistake I wouldn't do again.

The second trip was an earlier slot, and the place was packed,
our waitress was about breathless running from table to table.
And the food was, to quote my friend Theresa...meh.

So why go back a third time?
Well, at the time,
Animal Kingdom was lacking in TS restaurants that take the DDP.
We figured it was worth another try.

The best things I can say about this time is:
The food was hot.
They brought out a big amount of GF food (waffles, I think).
There were Krispy Kremes.

This is documentation of the Krispy Kremes, starring John...

IMG_0515-1.jpg

To say that it was basic breakfast fare might be exaggerting a bit,
because it was even lacking for that.
We MUCH prefer the breakfasts at Chef Mickey's,
and especially Crystal Palace.

Ok, I must say, the character interaction WAS pretty good.
We were in a pretty crowded room again,
which complicates things when you have a big group.

Donald

IMG_0516.jpg

Goofy (love the shorts! LOL)

IMG_0517.jpg

Pluto

IMG_0518.jpg

IMG_0519.jpg

Mickey arriving

IMG_0520.jpg

The crew with Mickey

IMG_0522-2.jpg

We ate, and were full.
I got a Christmas card picture out of the experience.
So, not a total loss.

But were it still open, I would no longer recommend it. LOL

BUT...if the same chefs are helping over at Tusker House,
who knows if they are,
there may be hope for those who need to eat GF.

Don't be afraid to ask,
because Disney is pretty good at providing for special dietary needs.

Almost done with this report, and I need to get back to my trip report.

Thanks for reading!

Next up: Electric Umbrella. Because that's where people go when it rains???

Man, you do not have a clunker in the whole bunch. Nothing but cute and cuter. Must take after their parents. :love:

Isn't it interesting how much we will put up when the Dining is 'free'? If cold hard cash had been plunked down there would have been a riot. Ummm,wonder if that is why Disney is giving FD often? I would rather have the gift certificate. If I had a dozen or so mouths to feed I would feel differently though.

Do you guys go out to eat often at home? If so what restaurants have you found that everyone can agree on?

SG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter