Visiting for the 1st time on Oct 31!! please help me plan this evening

bigturkey12

Mouseketeer
We are flying in from Canada at 1pm on Oct 31. By the time we get to the All Star Music and get back to Fort Wilderness it will probably be close to 5PM
We have a reservation at Mickey's Backyard BBQ Halloween Edition at 7pm and have to pick our tickets up by around 6pm. Now ive seen pictures of the golf cart parade and we would like to see some of it. we want to get in some character pictures before and after the bbq. ive heard there is a haywagon ride at 9 would it go stop for us to see hallowishes. i heard it drives around to show off all the decorated campsites. also ive read the other option is to go sit on the beach and watch EWP and Hallowishes. I have never been to fort wilderness before and am very excited to come. I think i get so far by disney bus but then i have to catch another internal bus?? at mickeys bbq can i see the golf cart parade? where do i catch the haywagon ride and is it close to where i am?how far is it to get to the beach??HELP!!

You folks know this place inside out. could you help a newbie figure out a wonderful halloween evening so that my son and i wont get lost. if you could explain from the time i get off the disney bus what to do i would be so grateful. I want to make the most of a wonderful evening at Fort wilderness and not miss anything that is truly memorable.

thanks for helping

Welcome to the camping board!

Yes, take a bus to the MK and then a boat over to the Fort. This will put you right at the Marina and by the BBQ. You can also walk to the road and hopefully still catch a glimpse of the golf cart parade.
The BBQ is very close to where the hayride is. They ask you to put your name in up to 30 minutes before. So you'll have to be out of the BBQ ASAP. It will stop for the Fireworks. If you miss the ride you can easily walk the few close loops and see the decorations and then go to the beach for the fireworks and EWP. All of this is within close proximity.

Welcome to the camping board!

Yes, take a bus to the MK and then a boat over to the Fort. This will put you right at the Marina and by the BBQ. You can also walk to the road and hopefully still catch a glimpse of the golf cart parade.
The BBQ is very close to where the hayride is. They ask you to put your name in up to 30 minutes before. So you'll have to be out of the BBQ ASAP. It will stop for the Fireworks. If you miss the ride you can easily walk the few close loops and see the decorations and then go to the beach for the fireworks and EWP. All of this is within close proximity.

:welcome:

My name is Bama ED and I approve of (and second) this message.

Bama ED

i take the bus from allstar music to mk and then the boat to fort wilderness.at the marina is there a sign for mickeys backyard bbq to know where to go. now i have to pick up my bbq tickets by 6 if i do that is it far to walk out from the ticket booth to the road to catch some of the golf carts and is this the road you mean. also i know there are character pictures after the bbq so im probably better off walking back to the marina to watch wishes and ewp. on this path is there decorations we will see as we go. is the path lighted. im not keen on walking on a completely dark road just my son and i.
if we choose to go back to the hotel how do we catch the bus to get back to a park to get a bus to allstar music. im so new to this i feel like i have to get it straight in my head before i ever arrive. i so appreciate your kindness in welcoming us and helping us!!

i take the bus from allstar music to mk and then the boat to fort wilderness.at the marina is there a sign for mickeys backyard bbq to know where to go. now i have to pick up my bbq tickets by 6 if i do that is it far to walk out from the ticket booth to the road to catch some of the golf carts and is this the road you mean. also i know there are character pictures after the bbq so im probably better off walking back to the marina to watch wishes and ewp. on this path is there decorations we will see as we go. is the path lighted. im not keen on walking on a completely dark road just my son and i.
if we choose to go back to the hotel how do we catch the bus to get back to a park to get a bus to allstar music. im so new to this i feel like i have to get it straight in my head before i ever arrive. i so appreciate your kindness in welcoming us and helping us!!

When you get off the boat walk down the dock and slightly right there is a path to the BBQ. I'm thinking you pick up the tickets same place as HDD. Go by the path to the BBQ you'll see Trail's End and the desk on your right. After you get the tickets keep walking the same direction and you'll come to the road, if you walk to the left if you've timed it right you should see the golf cart parade. All of these paths are well lit and there will be lots of people around to get help/directions from. There are a few loops close by where you can see some decorations. Be sure to get a FW map at the ticket booth. I would take the boat back to MK and get the AllStar bus from there.

Again thanks so much ive printed out the directions and im sure we'll make out fine. we are so excited to come.

All of these paths referenced above are wide paved walkways, so you don't have to worry about tramping through the woods. All of the named facilities are in the Settlement, until you get to the road, then you're in the campground. The 700, 400, 1-300 loops are the closest and will all have some pretty nice decorations.

Good directions from everyone else so I'd just add that you need to check closing for MK - some nights it closes quite early and you might not be able to go back there. If that's the case take the internal bus to Outpost and take the bus from there to EPCOT or Downtown and then to All Stars.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!