Visiting Every Potty and Trash Can in the World...First Trip Home to BLT, Dec 4-11th!

great update!!

I'm sorry for the issues at LC :( We had issues at Ohana before with ADRS. I had booked 2 different times for party size and the one that I called to cancel was never canceleld. They gave us a pager, never wrote down the pager number or checked us in. After 45 mins the pager went off but was for another family. They said that we didn't check in even though we did and were seated at a HUGE table for 6 when there was 4 of us. After that the meal was just a disaster from the service, to cold food, and it taking 2 hours to see the characters!

I'm glad that you guys got yours sorted out! I'm hoping they still have the mushroom steak for lunch in March. I hear the menus might be changing with it changing to Sig for Dinner..we shall see though! We haven't been to LC since 2007!

I'm glad to hear you liked Jodi! She was one of our choices too I think but it was only for Thurs night which was our arrival (9th) so we couldn't go. Steven Curtis Chap. was our other option besides Whoopi but I'm glad we went with her...CLP is expensive!!!!!! It was pretty chilly when were there on the 11th. My dad mentioned that it was the first time in the 3 years that we've gone (the same weekend) that we didn't see anyone pass out. Last year it was in the 80s/90s that weekend and we counted 15-20 people who passed out in our show with Chita Rivera! The year before wasn't too bad, less than 10 I think.

Thanks again for the pearl link! I almost had to send you a message asking how to get them open because we couldn't figure it out! My mom finally was able to pop it open but that could be because she has nails and I don't..hm..haha. Thanks :)

It's funny, Jack was REALLY difficult at Le Cellier too! I was really frustrated since this was a meal we were really looking forward to!

Glad you got in, despite the difficulties. I was so worried about having trouble with my ADR's, but we got lucky, not a single glitch!

It seems liek the line for CPP is ALWAYS past Japan! It is for us anyways!

Great update!! I am so disappointed that we didn't realize we were both at LE Celier! I guess that means you need to plan on going back the same time of year in 2013. We can try that whole thing again! LOL I think it must have been something in the air at Le Celier. Gavin and Brenda were both acting up in there. I was probably "yelling" at Gavin when you heard me! :rotfl: We even got hte cute light up drinks for them there. That didn't help at all. It just seemed they were having "one of those nights". We did end up buying one of those big red and black blankets in Canada so we could cuddle up and watch Illuminations!
i am sure we will be there in 2013 at some point, unless we cruise instead of save our points! we have 200 pts a year to burn! ;) maybe it was just an off night for the kids, who knows! so glad you had a good meal and enjoyed Illuminations though!

Sorry for the drama with the Le Cellier ADR. I would have been stressed too! I'm glad they were able to accommodate all of you! :thumbsup2 I would love a bowl of their cheese soup right about now! :)

The Candlelight Processional looks beautiful. I haven't seen it since I was there on the College Program. I'm glad everyone enjoyed it.

Sounds like you guys had a great day!
yeah, the first and last time i saw it was on my college program too- in 1996, Louis Gosset Jr. was the narrator at the time (and very good!). i was glad i got to do it again, and i am good on skipping it for a few years now. It is one of those every few years type of things for me. who did you see narrate? I wish i could see Edward James Olmos, he usually does Christmas Eve or day. I am a big Battlestar Galactica fan (i know, total sci-fi NERD, who would have thunk it?):confused3:rotfl:

great update!!

I'm sorry for the issues at LC :( We had issues at Ohana before with ADRS. I had booked 2 different times for party size and the one that I called to cancel was never canceleld. They gave us a pager, never wrote down the pager number or checked us in. After 45 mins the pager went off but was for another family. They said that we didn't check in even though we did and were seated at a HUGE table for 6 when there was 4 of us. After that the meal was just a disaster from the service, to cold food, and it taking 2 hours to see the characters!

I'm glad that you guys got yours sorted out! I'm hoping they still have the mushroom steak for lunch in March. I hear the menus might be changing with it changing to Sig for Dinner..we shall see though! We haven't been to LC since 2007!

I'm glad to hear you liked Jodi! She was one of our choices too I think but it was only for Thurs night which was our arrival (9th) so we couldn't go. Steven Curtis Chap. was our other option besides Whoopi but I'm glad we went with her...CLP is expensive!!!!!! It was pretty chilly when were there on the 11th. My dad mentioned that it was the first time in the 3 years that we've gone (the same weekend) that we didn't see anyone pass out. Last year it was in the 80s/90s that weekend and we counted 15-20 people who passed out in our show with Chita Rivera! The year before wasn't too bad, less than 10 I think.

Thanks again for the pearl link! I almost had to send you a message asking how to get them open because we couldn't figure it out! My mom finally was able to pop it open but that could be because she has nails and I don't..hm..haha. Thanks :)
wow at people passing out during the show- like the choir folks i guess? Probably mixure of nerves and heat? ouch! i've seen kids in marching bands do that too- especially with the heat we get here in TX!

so sorry you had a bad Ohana experience. what a mess! i would have been pissed. We are so lucky our situation worked out.

so glad the pearl cages worked out!!:wizard:

It's funny, Jack was REALLY difficult at Le Cellier too! I was really frustrated since this was a meal we were really looking forward to!

Glad you got in, despite the difficulties. I was so worried about having trouble with my ADR's, but we got lucky, not a single glitch!

It seems liek the line for CPP is ALWAYS past Japan! It is for us anyways!
how funny- maybe the kids know it is a nice restaurant and so they misbehave to spite us? :lmao::confused3 i don't know!

Well another update coming soon- i promise! It is crazy at work- our annual sales meeting is today through wednesday and off site, meaning i don't have web access and it is too hard to type up an update on my phone! lol i am back in the office for a few hours, but probably won't have time to update. Maybe one night this week.

Anyhow- we are expecting ICE tomorrow in Dallas too- lovely! I do not want to drive in that!

Plus it is superbowl week and things are a little busy here in Dallas- i live about 20 minutes north of Downtown Dallas, and about 30 minutes from the stadium, but hotels up by me are sold out and many celebrity parties going on all over the place. We will just be hiding out in my dad's media room for the big game- don't want to deal with the craziness out there! I wish we could check out the NFL experience but don't think we will have time. boo- oh well! I do love my football, just not crowds. Tickets to just watch the game outside of the stadium on big screens are selling for $500 plus! crazy. should be an interesting weekend around here- our first superbowl!

yeah, the first and last time i saw it was on my college program too- in 1996, Louis Gosset Jr. was the narrator at the time (and very good!). i was glad i got to do it again, and i am good on skipping it for a few years now. It is one of those every few years type of things for me. who did you see narrate? I wish i could see Edward James Olmos, he usually does Christmas Eve or day. I am a big Battlestar Galactica fan (i know, total sci-fi NERD, who would have thunk it?):confused3:rotfl:

I think our narrator was LeVar Burton (from Star Trek and Reading Raindow). He did a really good job. I'd love to see it again one of these days. I'm glad you guys enjoyed it and tried to stay warm!

Good Luck this weekend!!!

The said on our news today that to park at the stadium was $1,000..we were like what!!!???

We love our Steelers but I would never pay money like that! I honestly just loved seeing them at Traning Camp (at the college I went to). For a lot of families they are able to see the "stars" but don't have to pay top dollar to go to an actual game which is great!

:thumbsup2
I think our narrator was LeVar Burton (from Star Trek and Reading Raindow). He did a really good job. I'd love to see it again one of these days. I'm glad you guys enjoyed it and tried to stay warm!
love him, i am such a trekkie!

Good Luck this weekend!!!

The said on our news today that to park at the stadium was $1,000..we were like what!!!???

We love our Steelers but I would never pay money like that! I honestly just loved seeing them at Traning Camp (at the college I went to). For a lot of families they are able to see the "stars" but don't have to pay top dollar to go to an actual game which is great!
yeah, i agree, i would rather watch for free! lol! parking is going to be insane, i have heard the prices are crazy on that too. i haven't been to the new stadium yet, but we typically go to a few games a year. Jerry Jones just made season tickets so pricey (like 6 figure licensing fee for the tickets my DH's boss usually got), so no tickets this year. I'll just watch from home in the comfort of my dad's new media room with reclining chairs, free beer and no crowds! :goodvibes

btw- i am reading your TR but haven't finished/caught up yet, i will post when i do- i am loving it!

okay, sorry no updates, but it's been a CRAZY week. i had our annual sales meeting at work from monday-wednesday, which was made more crazy due to the weather. We got 2 inches of ice on Tuesday am. DH drove me into the hotel for the meeting, no way was i driving on that.

so i worked monday/tuesday. Wednesday, no way. stayed in. Thursday, i had DH drive me in and my sister watched William for me. Schools in Dallas were closed tuesday, wednesday, thursday and friday. We are usually lucky to get ONE snow day a year, if that. Never had almost a full week. I worked from home yesterday, we got 6 inches of snow on top of the ice friday morning. It is just nuts for us in Dallas, we aren't used to it. the City doesn't even own a snow plow. they had to bring some in and mcguyver some solutions, especially given the big game tomorrow. I live in plano, about 30 minutes away from where the stadium is. We are going to venture out to the mall today though- we've had cabin fever! even if you do get out, everything is closed. We tried starbucks last night, nope closed- people just don't know how to drive on snow/ice here.

anyhow- here are some pics- probably just a light dusting for most of you guys, but a LOT for us in Dallas!
167186_1831160140191_1276016879_2173740_3842798_n.jpg

166606_1831163380272_1276016879_2173753_1861810_n.jpg

so when things get back to normal hopefully on Monday, i'll finally get to post again with another update. trying to work from home and entertain a cabin fevered 3yo has not made it easy!

I'm in.

I see you had some record breaking lows while you were down there too. Maybe we should all get t-shirts that say "I survived the Great Florida Freeze of 2010" Maybe we could get someone on the DISigns board to create an image of Mickey wearing a Parka, gloves, winter boots, etc...:lmao:

Hi MIchelle! I am only on page one but had to comment on this! I say...add me to this group...only I was there in Feb 2010! :rotfl: We might have left a huge snowstorm to go to Disney then but it wasnt much warmer in FL than it was in Ohio in Feb!

my nephew was 3.5 when we flew in Feb and he sat in his car seat on the flight but only because we at the last minute (as the day before our original flight was to leave) had to change our flight into Tampa so we needed it when we rented a car. We couldnt use Calebs since he was a lap baby as were told no more seats were available or else we could have used it.

We rented a van when we got to Tampa...4 adults...2 little kids....2 strollers and 2 car seats....all of our luggage that we did not consolidate because we were supposed to fly southwest and had to change to Delta due to our flight being canceled. My parents took 2 of our bags too! I am sure we were quite a sight going through the airport. My husband also does not have much patience. If we ever do fly with a small one under 2....we will be buying them a seat! soo much easier than a lap baby who did not want to sit on our laps.

We never thought all of our stuff would fit in the van...but we managed.

Dh is also not a crowds person...so we always have to go in off season...works out cause it is cheaper. We stayed at BCV studio and loved the proximity to EPCOT. Did you live BLT?? I think with an older child next time we go...it would be a good one to stay at! No DVC...but would probably rent points next time we go!

I too LOVE earl! mmmm....

Obsessions...yes Calebs would be choo choos! LOL! we have Tom train (what he calls Thomas) everything

Cute snow pictures! Will looks pretty happy! :cool1:

It does look like it made the roads a mess though. Hopefully things warm up for you guys this weekend. It's snowing here as I type. I'm so ready for spring!

Great report! Subbing popcorn:: Can you tell me if it would have been better for you to get the dining plan?

I bet the snow was fun for Will! It looks like you got a fair amount. DO people in Dallas own snow shovels? I know my aunt and uncle who live a bit further south don't, lol. Between the snow and the Superbowl, I would be staying home if I was you! Stay warm!!

Hi MIchelle! I am only on page one but had to comment on this! I say...add me to this group...only I was there in Feb 2010! :rotfl: We might have left a huge snowstorm to go to Disney then but it wasnt much warmer in FL than it was in Ohio in Feb!
Hey Kara!!! i know, super cold, right? I think we need a free pin at City hall that says that!

my nephew was 3.5 when we flew in Feb and he sat in his car seat on the flight but only because we at the last minute (as the day before our original flight was to leave) had to change our flight into Tampa so we needed it when we rented a car. We couldnt use Calebs since he was a lap baby as were told no more seats were available or else we could have used it.

We rented a van when we got to Tampa...4 adults...2 little kids....2 strollers and 2 car seats....all of our luggage that we did not consolidate because we were supposed to fly southwest and had to change to Delta due to our flight being canceled. My parents took 2 of our bags too! I am sure we were quite a sight going through the airport. My husband also does not have much patience. If we ever do fly with a small one under 2....we will be buying them a seat! soo much easier than a lap baby who did not want to sit on our laps.

We never thought all of our stuff would fit in the van...but we managed.

Dh is also not a crowds person...so we always have to go in off season...works out cause it is cheaper. We stayed at BCV studio and loved the proximity to EPCOT. Did you live BLT?? I think with an older child next time we go...it would be a good one to stay at! No DVC...but would probably rent points next time we go!

I too LOVE earl! mmmm....

Obsessions...yes Calebs would be choo choos! LOL! we have Tom train (what he calls Thomas) everything
so glad it worked out for you guys!!! I am so jealous on BCV!! i so want to stay there sometime. We did enjoy BLT, it isn't our 'style', but i loved the convenience and short walk to MK, plus i love the stores in there and the magic of the monorail going through it. i wasn't sure at first, but by the end, it felt like home!

Cute snow pictures! Will looks pretty happy! :cool1:

It does look like it made the roads a mess though. Hopefully things warm up for you guys this weekend. It's snowing here as I type. I'm so ready for spring!
Thanks! yeah, well messy for us- i am sure it doesn't look bad to most, since the NE and midwest has been pounded with so many feet of snow, but even half a foot is a lot to us!

Great report! Subbing popcorn:: Can you tell me if it would have been better for you to get the dining plan?
Thanks for reading a long!!! Nope, not better for the dining plan- i did the comparison on excel- i actually went in and looked at all the menus and estimated prices for each meal based on what i thought we would order. Added in tax, alcohol, tips etc. We would have had to pay for the DP of course, being DVC, and while we would have gotten more food, it would not have been what we would normally order. We don't normally eat dessert every meal, so we would waste a lot too. Plus buying TIW also gives us 20% off alcohol and i did have a few drinks with meals. the TIW covered every single sit down meal we did- so 20% off each time. of course since i i didn't buy it on day 1, we didn't use it for our first two meals, but we still saved money by buying it. The plan would have been $41.99 a day for each of us except Will (which would have been like $12 i think?). Anyhow- most meals, my MIL and Lindsey ate like birds, they barely ate a thing. It would have been a total waste in food and even that $42. They didn't eat $42 worth most days. We typically ate breakfast in our room, brought bottled water or coffee with us (had the take with you coffee cups and since we walk to MK, it is easy!). In the end, we saved more with TIW. Plus, i didn't gain weight. last year, on free dining, i gained almost 10lbs, seriously!!!! :rotfl::confused3

We've done free dining twice before we bought DVC and it was just too much food for us. While we loved the convenience, we actually liked TIW too. especially with DVC, we had a full kitchen and could cook meals in our room too.

I bet the snow was fun for Will! It looks like you got a fair amount. DO people in Dallas own snow shovels? I know my aunt and uncle who live a bit further south don't, lol. Between the snow and the Superbowl, I would be staying home if I was you! Stay warm!!
He did like it for about 5 minutes, then said Mommy, my hands are cold!

No, we don't own snow shovels. The city doesn't even own a snow plow! So that was part of the problem- they had to scrounge around and find other equipment or bring it in to clear the roads, especially around the stadium. Then you should hear people- so mad- that we had rolling blackouts----my sister with a newborn for hours, my 90 yo grandpa in his nursing home for hours......yet the cowboys stadium was exempt from it. go figure. So needless to say, people were pissed with Jerry Jones! Looks like karma though.....he oversold seats that the fire marshall said he couldn't have (tried to add some in areas that weren't allowed) and then the sound was all messed up at halftime. bummer. That stadium has terrible acoustics. I feel sorry for the black eyed peas- i am sure some sound engineer got fired over that mess up at the superbowl! kind of glad the game and weather are over- that is all that was on the news the last week- snow, ice and superbowl crap. We are expecting more ice/snow tomorrow night apparently. :confused3:rotfl:

Thursday, December 9th:santa::santa:
So the plan today was to do breakfast in the room and then head to Epcot and have lunch at Chefs De France at 12:30. However, it didn’t quite go that way. In fact, I am proud of myself to being flexible and willing to change plans for once! We felt we had done a lot at Epcot already but wanted to get back to DTD for some shopping. I hate going to DTD on the weekend when it is packed since people make it usually their first or last stop on the way in or going home. So I figured going today would be good. So we slept in a bit and decided to hit DTD today.

ry%3D400

We arrived about 10am and actually found a decent parking spot, although over closer to the Westside, but not too far over. We had our 20% off coupons we wanted to use before noon at the World of Disney. So in we went! I purchased about $300 worth of stuff, so saved like $60! Awesome deal. We shopped for quite a while. I bought scarves, new sweatshirt, t-shirt for Will, blue mickey cros for him, candy, mickey dish, cutting board and more. I have a hard time finding hoodies or sweatshirts I like there…..i want a nice hoodie, but nothing that just ‘screams’ Disney- I want something more subtle. And I don’t want characters, I want something that says WDW on it. I tend to find a better variety of that type in the men’s section, so I finally found something I liked- a fleece zip up (no hood) in a men’s small. I love it! Other than the sleeves being a little long, it fits perfect. It has a cute embroidered logo on the front and a very subtle WDW on the back that blends in and you can barely see it. Just what I wanted.

I also get the cute bag that is on sale with purchase- I think it was $11.95 and was an alligator style pleather tote- I got green! It has a cute silver mickey hanging on it. We saw these all over, but I really wanted green. They had already sold out of red. All that was left barely was grey, yellow and navy. So glad I got my green!

After shopping, we were famished and where did we go? You betcha……Earle of Sandwich for the second time this trip. We can’t get enough of it! We always end up eating here twice. Of course there was a long line, but not as bad as our first visit on Saturday. We found some seats outside and got some sandwiches. Had another great meal. I love the tomato soup!

ry%3D400

After a nice lunch, we headed into the newly renovated Mickey’s Pantry that now is a spice/tea store along with still featuring some cookbooks/dishware like before. My MIL loved all the spices and she bought a few. I bought a few myself since I do enjoy cooking. We had fun smelling all the different teas and spices. I really like this new part of the store. It makes a great original gift for someone too. Next up, the Christmas store. I had wanted to find another Christmas ‘village’ piece, but looked all over and didn’t see anything. Last year, my mom had bought us the Cinderella castle piece- it is rather large and lights up. They used to also have a haunted mansion, city hall and other pieces- I think most were $60-$100 price range. I have a few pieces at home already and wanted to buy more and get mom one, but they said they no longer carry them. I did see the castle in another store (at BLT), but nothing else. Odd.

It was extremely crowded in here, but I found a register where there was no line- I guess people didn’t notice it, it was near the door. So got my purchases and got outta there! I got some 2010 ornaments no clearance for $4.99. Next up, the Once Upon a Toy store so we could let Will look and get Mr. Potatohead parts for his cousin that is his age (Lindsey’s little brother). We had fun picking out all the pieces and trying to stuff it into the box. Will spotted the monorail set and wanted it, but maybe next year. We bought him the train set last year.

Next our plan was to try something new- I had read about Ridemarkerz in DTD on the West Side where kids can build their own remote control car. In fact, many of the recently madeover Disney stores feature a small section of this now. You basically walk in, select a basic model, pick tires, wheels, sound card, and other special stuff to customize it- of course each thing you do is a la carte, so it adds up fast. But you build your own remote control car. They even have little tables with air wrenches and stuff for you to put it together. So I figured it would be a fun daddy and William activity. Alan is really into cars and used to drag race mustangs. In fact, we still have his race car in the garage with full roll cage etc. So I thought this would be fun for them. We make our way over to the west side, which I had not visited in over 10 years, pretty much since right after my CP days. I spent many a night at PI during my CP days, I think Thursdays CMs got in free or half off or something. We danced many nights away at Mannequins and 8trax- yet I never visited the Adventurer’s club and now it is closed (I hear it was awesome!).

Anyhow- so Westside is totally different, funny seeing all the bars closed now. There are quite a few nice things down there- I wouldn’t mind trying Paradiso 37 sometime, the menu looks good and I hear they keep the beer on tap at a certain temp (cold) too. We finally find Ridemarkerz, it is in the old Virgin Megastore location, near the movie theatre. We go in and all Will cares about is the trash cans all over. We try and pick out a car, but by the time we get to the tires, I realize he has zero interest in this, he cares about looking at the trash cans more. So we decide to come back when he is older and they can really enjoy it together. He is still just too young and not into cars yet, although he does like remote control things. So slightly disappointed, we head back out and wait to find MIL and Lindsey- they had wandered off to look around. I head into the sweet shop there while we wait and get a few snacks!

We head back out to the car and back to BLt for a break- it is about 2pm now- so we are on schedule- originally we planned to break about 2pm after Epcot. Oh and yes, we missed our ADR at Chefs and I was very bad and forgot to cancel it. I know, slap my hand. At least I didn’t illegally pool hop or use my mug from 1997. I was bummed we missed this meal, I really love Chefs and was looking forward to the French onion soup and mac/cheese or sandwich. Oh well- we have lots of other trips, plus it isn’t a new restaurant to us, I’ve been there twice.

The plan for tonight was to maybe try and catch the MK flag ceremony, but I think it is 4 something or 5. I wasn’t sure and hadn’t looked it up. I think the MK version is different than the Disneyland version though. AT DL, we saw them invite up any members of the armed forces as they called each branch and they would stand around the circle where the flag is, all saluting. It was very moving to see all these men and women stand up there, a 19 yo Marine next to a WWII vet in his wheelchair. It really brought a tear to my eye. Although Alan wasn’t in the military, he has a love for all things military and historical and has great respect for those that served our country. I knew he would love this, although I had read somewhere they don’t ask the guests to come up like they do at DL, does anyone know? I think they select one vet to come up instead? I might have to ask on the boards and find out. That part is what made it so moving to me- seeing these guests walk up there, so proud of their service and country. Even a custodial CM had been milling around and proudly walked up there with his broom in hand when they called the Coast Guard. You could tell that guy probably made sure he was near the flag everyday he worked in order to participate. So touching. Anyhow…….i thought this might be something DH would enjoy, but we never made it. I am going to try and put it on my must do list for our October trip.

So tonight was our BIG night…….MVMCP!!!! This was another reason I was okay with doing DTD, so it was a bit more relaxing that am, so we would be rested up for tonight. So we took a long break in the room and everyone naps but Alan, he hits the hot tub! Crazy since it is like 40 degrees outside!

Sorry i don't have many pics from this morning- since we mostly shopped!

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Thursday December 9th, PART II

Okay, since part I only had a few pics, you get part II right away!!!

We all awake and get ready and head over to MK at about 5:30pm. A little birdy was on our balcony!
ry%3D400

The lines for Will Call are long, so glad I got our tickets from guest relations earlier in the trip! We get in with no problem, and get our bracelets immediately inside the gate.

We decide to take the train to frontierland- we get a few great pics on the train station platform too.
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Will starts having a fit about something and we can’t figure out what it is about. When he realizes we are going on the train, he is suddenly fine. We timed it just right, one pulls up almost immediately. We board and enjoy the train ride, but boy, it is chilly! We get off at Frontierland and head to Pecos Bill for dinner. We can’t find a seat inside, so get one outside- yep cold!!! We would later find out that this night’s MVMCP SOLD OUT!!! Crazy, I know. I didn’t expect a Thursday night one to sell out- it is still so early in December.

ry%3D400

So we get some burgers and enjoy some dinner. Our food takes FOREVER…..i swear I was standing at that window waiting on our food for like 15-20 minutes. It was nuts. We saw the cashier was a CP from OU, which is not far from where my MIL lives (Alan went there for 2 years too). So they chat it up. I love seeing the CM’s name tag and where they are from, especially the CPers. So we finally get food, lots of fun toppings, including cheese sauce for dipping fries. Will is one happy camper with the dip.

After dinner, we head towards BTMRR……..of course Splash is out, it is TOO COLD and there is zero line because of the cold. We make it over to BTMRR and decide to see if Will is tall enough. Now remember, he has already ridden soarin with no problem. So they measure him outside the line and he actually just measures up! Whew, barely!

This is a shot of us measuring him at another ride that night, I forget which one!
ry%3D400

He is wearing crocs too (with socks), which are shorter than his tennis shoes. So we go in, wait about 10 minutes in line and ride. He rides with MIL and loves it- a little scared, but had a good time, in fact, as we exit, he asks to ride it again. The wait is still only 10 minutes, so we say, what the heck. The lady measures him again out front, since it is a different CM this time. We tell her we just got off the ride but we know she has to measure him anyhow. He’s good again and off into the line we go. We wait 10-15 minutes this time, just a bit longer than the first ride. We are finally at the front and just about to step into our spot in the ‘holding area’, where we would be next to board the train. Another CM stops us though and wants to measure Will again. I tell him we just rode literally 15 minutes ago with Will and he was tall enough and that he had been measured twice outside already.

He says he must measure him and even though his head hits the top, this CM must use a different standard of measurement and says nope, he isn’t tall enough. AHHHHHHHHHH, I was pissed. I understand the need to measure and safety and yada yada yada, but we had just ridden. Literally 15 minutes ago. And he had been measured twice and passed. Why did this guy say hitting the top wasn’t tall enough? Was there no consistency in what was tall enough and what wasn’t? I was mad. But worst of all, Will was devastated, remember he had asked to ride this again- he loved it. How do you tell a 3yo that you can’t ride this ride because you aren’t tall enough, even though you just rode it- they changed the rules mid stream? He didn’t understand and was crying his little eyes out as we walked through the train onto the exit platform. If Will couldn’t ride, none of us would.

This one lady in line behind me heard all of it (and had seen him measured outside) and she threw a fit. Being a CM, I know how tough their jobs can be, so I didn’t argue with the guy- plus I didn’t want to hold up the line for other guests by causing a scene, so we simply listened and walked out. However, before I could, I heard this lady going off on the CM about how rude that was, that he had measured fine outside and had ridden it just a few minutes ago and how dare they make us wait in line only to tell us as we are boarding that he can’t ride. Why let this kid wait in line and get excited and then dash his hopes at the last second? After hearing her talk, I was fuming, she’s right. Why do they do that? Well it ended up being a hotly debated thread on the DIS recently- not my situation, but others that have faced something similar too. They mentioned how the second measurement is due to folks skipping the first one---you know the CM might be busy measuring someone else and a family slips by without them noticing or the CM is distracted. So other CMs down the line have the authority to measure you again, in case you ‘cheated’ the system (or simply didn’t know and wandered in without the CM noticing). Anyhow- I get that. But make it consistent and don’t make it literally right as you board the ride, how crushing is that for a 3yo that has waited in line. Thankfully we had only waited like 15 minutes, but had it been a 30 minute wait, I would have asked for a manager and demanded a FP to another ride or something…………why let us wait and then tell us we can’t at the last second? The more I think about it, the more I think I will write them a letter about our experience (as well as a few other things – like resort specific and DVC merchandise that they no longer carry). I don’t want anything free or anything like that, but I want them to be aware of the issue. I know on the DIS, many solutions were offered up- like a centralized place that kids are measured in the park near the main entrance, they get a bracelet, stamp or something saying they meet the height requirement of such and such. That way, they don’t have to be measured each time- and we all know kids don’t stand straight or slouch or try and stand on tip toe or whatever, so their height can vary based on that- at least if we just measure once in a centralized place, it would help I think. What do you think? Any good ideas to fix this problem? Well you can bet the next day, we made sure Will wore his tennis shoes and not crocs, so there would be absolutely no question as to his height. We still don’t know why the CM said he was too short, he measured up touching the top just like outside, which is what the CM said he had to do in order to meet the height requirement. Anyhow- that was our one un-magical moment. It was a real bummer. I felt so bad for William.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

So we head over to Columbia Harbor House area and get our free (haha at ‘FREE!’) cookies and juice and apples.
ry%3D400

It is sort of crowded in there too now that the party has started officially. We then ride HM with no line, but I do see the new wall they have up- for building the new queue. Will enjoys the HM, although I can see his a little spooked by the dark in the first room. But pretty much, the kid isn’t scared of anything. He really gets a kick out of the ghosts at the end and is laughing.

We stop off and see Donald in his Christmas gear with hardly a line- so in we go!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

After managing to NOT become the 100th happy haunt, we head to Philharmagic, we had not done it yet. Lindsey LOVES it, she is a big Donald fan, so enjoyed his role in it. Will also adores it and is reaching out trying to grab everything and laughing his sweet little heart out. Great time- can’t wait to take him back to see it again in October.

Lines are short so far, so we head to Pooh- 5 minute wait, second time riding it. We have a great time! Now, tonight, I was supposed to have my one and only DIS meet. And this was to be a special DIS meet…..there are two lovely ladies who I met on the DIS about gosh, 4 years ago or more on a Trying to Conceive (TTC) thread on the community board. So all of us had been trying to get pregnant at the same time, all ended up pregnant at the same time and so we all now still keep in touch on a ‘moms to toddlers’ thread on the community board and on FB. It is so fun to feel so close to someone online when you’ve never met. WE all have boys about the same age now, plus they have more kids now. I was so excited to finally meet them. We had planned this night for a while.

But lo and behold, after Pooh, we headed to Toontown. It was about 8pm and I had gotten texts from them that they were in the park, but we would try and meet up later at the hoedown in frontierland. Well by the time we got in touch again, they were heading to frontierland for the dance party and we were way over in toontown and Will was dying to go through Mickey and Minnie’s house again to see the trash cans. LOL……and he wanted to ride barnstormer. So I texted back that we would head there as soon as we could. After the fiasco at BTMRR, I wanted to let Will have some fun in toontown, plus it would be one of our last chances to do so since it is closing ( I believe next week?).

Little did I know I should have just grabbed Will and gone to Frontierland, because by the time we got done, they were already gone and moving on……..booo!!! I was so sad I missed our meet, but at the same time, little Will was having a ball and I hated to take him all the way back across the park again in the middle of having fun. So I missed it, but the other two families met up and had some fun. We still texted that night and have shared pics after the trip too- but I highly regret missing it- it was a once in a lifetime type thing- when will I get a chance to meet them again!

Well we did have a ball in toontown, it was nearly empty and we got to really explore Minnie and Mickey’s houses without any crowds.
ry%3D400

I had never spent much time here before, so it was fun to see. William loved finding the trash cans in Mickey’s garage- he had recycling bins for different things and my ‘trashcan-obsessed’ little guy loved it. We also rode barnstormer with no wait. I checked out the princess and tink lines, but it said 45 minutes, so we passed on it.

After that, since I realized we had missed our meet, we headed to the indy speedway cars. MIL sat out and I rode with Lindsey while Alan rode with Will. Lindsey had a ball- she was so excited to drive. The wait was maybe 10 minutes here, not too bad.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

After that, on to Tomorrowland. We head towards Stitch, but Will doesn’t measure up here, since the height requirement is taller (44” I think instead of just 40” like BTMRR). I guess it has to do with the harnesses that come down over your shoulders? Anyhow- Lindsey and MIL do this since she loves Stitch. Alan and I take Will on Buzz instead. After that, William wants to go back to toontown to see the trash cans again- I know, go figure. So Alan takes him (good daddy!). . As MIL and Lindsey exit, we head to grab a spot on the TL bridge for holiday WISHES. We time is just right and see Tink flying right over us. Lindsey is in awe! We don’t have the best spot, but it is pretty good since we hadn’t waited for a spot or anything. We don’t end up finding Alan and Will until the fireworks are over with. The crowds on the bridge were insane!!!!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

At this point, we know we need to find a spot for the second parade, so we head back toward Liberty Square area. Have I mentioned it is freezing? Well it is, it is freezing!!!!! We stop by and look in a few shops, use the potty. We see Pirates has no wait, so why not? We head in and walk through the queue, but as we get up there about to board, they let this huge party of like 10 join the 2 people in front of us? Really? They were mostly CM’s, since you could tell they knew the guy working. Why not let our little party go and then let the 2 in front of us wait for their much larger group? Oh well, whatever. So that set us back a few minutes. We exit pirates and head to the parade.

Then we find a spot at the last second behind some folks in front of the shooting gallery area in Frontierland. We don’t have a great spot, since our potty trip and Pirates visit took a while. But some kind folks let Will and Lindsey inch up closer to the front. Will is getting tired, so we end up holding him instead, but Lindsey gets a decent spot thanks to some kind parents. This is the late, 10:30pm parade, so it isn’t super crowded.
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

The parade is great and Lindsey really enjoys it! Will however is getting pretty tired and fussy. It is after 11pm now. After the parade, we find a place to get another helping of snacks and then head home- leaving the MK about 11:30pm. It was a long, cold night, but lots of fun. Even though it was sold out and crowded, we managed to ride pirates, Pooh, HM, Philharmagic, Barnstormer, toontown houses, Buzz, Stitch, saw holiday Donald, holiday WISHES, the parade and got snacks. Not too shabby. We were not big on character hunting, we actually wanted to ride rides with no waits and that is what we did. We didn’t care about the other shows much- as we hate fighting the crowds and waiting.
ry%3D400

Will was acting silly on his way out! Catching the snow on Main St- he loves that part!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I also got a cool shot of Will’s balloon with the castle in the background – we had brought his balloon and tied it to his stroller!
ry%3D400

Fantastic update! Your DS is too cute! While I understand that you can't wait for it to just be the three of you, Lindsey's face is priceless! Thanks for the update on the dining plan. I think that we will just get the Tables in Wonderland.

Can I just say that we measure my son every month and pray he'll be 40" by September? He was three on 11/2 and is only 38.5 without shoes. DH says he'll buy him combat boots so he can ride the bigger rides!

Great updates! I have so much to comment on! :surfweb:

Love that you hit Earl of Sandwich twice this trip. I think it's tough to get in at least one trip since it is always so busy. The best luck DH and I had was when we took a late flight in this past June and ran to Earl right when it was closing. We found out there absolutely no line if you go in at 11:27 PM! :lmao:

I remember Thursday CM nights at PI! I used to love to take the bus over with my CP roomies and dance the night away at 8 Trax. I loved that club!

I laughed out loud when you mentioned how when you didn't cancel your ADR it wasn't like you did something illegal like use a mug from 1997! My cousins do that every trip. They break out those HUGE mugs that are resort specific from the late 90's and have no problem filling up their unlimited refills at Captain Cooks! :rotfl2:

Your story from BTMRR breaks my heart! Poor Will!!! I bet he was crushed. I would have been furious too! It would have been interesting to see what a manager would have said. They really need to be consistent with measuring. I have heard too many stories about how some CMs are strict and others let it slide. I agree the central measuring location would be a good idea!

It sounds like you guys got a lot done at MVMCP! I would applaud you guys since it was so cold! I bet it was so nice to just walk back home to BLT. What a perfect location!

Another great update!!

We went to MVMCP on 11/19 and 12/19. The first one wasn't sold out and it was packed. Line for Winnie the Pooh was 70 Mins :confused:, you could barely walk around it was so crowded. Then when we went on 12/19 it was sold out, last party of the year, we walked on to everything and it seemed empty...go figure! Glad you had a great time. We really enjoy MVMCP!!

Can't believe what happened with Will on BTMRR....I would have been really upset. We have had our dd measured at the enterance and then again before boarding. They really need to come up with a system like the bracelets where you get measured when you enter the park, if you chose to. I think Busch Gardens Williamsburg or Hershey Park has it.

Can't wait to read more!!

So gotta love Texas weather. Still cold, but everything melted mostly on Sunday. Still a little spot of snow or ice in the shady areas, but we are expecting more snow tonight apparently- another 1-6" they say. Lovely.

Makes me wish more and more for October to get here. LOL- but then again, i am trying to drop 20lbs for summer, so I guess i should be thankful we still have a while until shorts time! :rotfl:;)

Fantastic update! Your DS is too cute! While I understand that you can't wait for it to just be the three of you, Lindsey's face is priceless! Thanks for the update on the dining plan. I think that we will just get the Tables in Wonderland.

Can I just say that we measure my son every month and pray he'll be 40" by September? He was three on 11/2 and is only 38.5 without shoes. DH says he'll buy him combat boots so he can ride the bigger rides!
Thanks for reading!! Yes, we are excited about the 3 of us only, but so glad we were able to take Lindsey along and let her experience something she otherwise probably wouldn't. She really had a ball the entire time.

You might do a comparison on the dining plan vs. TIW and just see how it works out based on where you will eat etc. We knew we would be eating almost all breakfasts in our room (except our two ADRs), plus we ate 1-2 lunches and one dinner in room, so having that luxury, it didn't make sense to use the DDP when we would have to pay for it. Do the calculations and see what makes more sense based on where you are eating. I am also excited for October because we have TIW now and our APs, so we don't have those expenses this time. Plus i won two free American Airlines vouchers at work during our United Way campaign raffle! And i have 35k miles, so i have enough for one free ticket too (25k miles). So we should have airfare done too (unless some restrictions prevent us from using them, you never know with AA). So i am glad we bought TIW last time, now i can use it this time and it is all paid for and we already started saving because of it last trip, so everything we save this trip is gravy!

Great updates! I have so much to comment on! :surfweb:

Love that you hit Earl of Sandwich twice this trip. I think it's tough to get in at least one trip since it is always so busy. The best luck DH and I had was when we took a late flight in this past June and ran to Earl right when it was closing. We found out there absolutely no line if you go in at 11:27 PM! :lmao:

I remember Thursday CM nights at PI! I used to love to take the bus over with my CP roomies and dance the night away at 8 Trax. I loved that club!

I laughed out loud when you mentioned how when you didn't cancel your ADR it wasn't like you did something illegal like use a mug from 1997! My cousins do that every trip. They break out those HUGE mugs that are resort specific from the late 90's and have no problem filling up their unlimited refills at Captain Cooks! :rotfl2:

Your story from BTMRR breaks my heart! Poor Will!!! I bet he was crushed. I would have been furious too! It would have been interesting to see what a manager would have said. They really need to be consistent with measuring. I have heard too many stories about how some CMs are strict and others let it slide. I agree the central measuring location would be a good idea!

It sounds like you guys got a lot done at MVMCP! I would applaud you guys since it was so cold! I bet it was so nice to just walk back home to BLT. What a perfect location!
we love Earle....it is a must every trip. in fact when i am in Orlando on business, which doesn't happen much anymore (but used to be at least 1-2x a year), i always would stop at DTD to eat at Earle!! on the company's dime no less, but hey, it is cheap! There is always a line, i've never seen the line short, it is always doubled through at least, but it moves really fast. I still don't understand their whole set up, it seems totally inefficient. But we love it. I want to try Wolfgang Puck's sometime too, but i can't seem to give up my Earle! Lol at visiting it at closing- might have to try that sometime!:rotfl:

so glad someone else remembers the CM nights at PI. We had a good time- especially since all my roomies except one were over 21. Many of the CPers were younger- freshman and sophmores, so they weren't always of age to 'partake'. But all my roomies were 'older' like me (I was a senior in college). So we had good times. We also went to the TGI Friday's over there across 535 from DTD and they had free/cheap beer and wings for CMs on a certain night too- i forget which night.

LOL at your cousins....i can't believe you admitted that about them!:laughing::scared1: Now someone from the boards will probably try and hunt them down!!! :rotfl::lmao:

Yeah, i think today i will write a letter about the measuring incident, just so they know, i was wanting to write about something else too- the total lack of exclusive merchandise, especially for the resorts and how hard it is to find DVC stuff too. so i'll do that today and complain about my poor little Will and his measurements!

Another great update!!

We went to MVMCP on 11/19 and 12/19. The first one wasn't sold out and it was packed. Line for Winnie the Pooh was 70 Mins :confused:, you could barely walk around it was so crowded. Then when we went on 12/19 it was sold out, last party of the year, we walked on to everything and it seemed empty...go figure! Glad you had a great time. We really enjoy MVMCP!!

Can't believe what happened with Will on BTMRR....I would have been really upset. We have had our dd measured at the enterance and then again before boarding. They really need to come up with a system like the bracelets where you get measured when you enter the park, if you chose to. I think Busch Gardens Williamsburg or Hershey Park has it.

Can't wait to read more!!
So strange on the MVMCPs.......since we tend to avoid the shows and characters for the most part, we tend to avoid most of the lines and crowds, except of course during WISHEs and the parade. Yeah, someone mentioned other parks have a central measuring place in other parts of the country. Of course there was debate over how kids would still jilt the system by trying to copy stamps (or wet them and apply to a shorter siblings hand) and how bracelets are easy to take off and put on a shorter sibling too......but that is a lot of work, i am sure someone would still try and get around the system, but i doubt it would be that bad and surely would be more effective, efficient and fair than what they do now? who knows.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter