Visiting disney hotels

nicole716

Earning My Ears
Hello :) we are visiting disney world in 2 weeks but will be staying in the embassy suites (lake buena vista)... I was thinking of initially staying at the arts of animations resort-- or all star music/ movies resort but it was too expensive--- if I am not staying there, could I still pass by and take pictures? I know through out the hotel there are alot of Disney characters statues that would make great pics?!

Yeah we rented a car so that would be fine..but is it allowed? We won't be staying at those hotels I just want to maybe go and take pics

While taking pics stop by the Boardwalk and walk through the lobby just to check it out, then out the back side of lobby doors will take you to the boardwalk area that has a variety of things to see, do and places to eat! Take your time there as you can walk all the way around the lake to Yacht & Beach Club. One of our family favorites is the Beaches and Cream restaurant/diner at the Beach Club. It's located facing the pool/lake area so you don't even have to go through the lobby. They have delicious hamburgers, hot dogs, fries (diner food) and the variety of ice cream is INCREDIBLE! If you're lucky you'll see the "Kitchen Sink" being served :) ESPN club is also on the boardwalk for the guys, you can order pizza by the slice at a window on the boardwalk, crepe stand, a brewery restaurant with great food and outdoor seating as well, and a wonderful bakery, candy store, etc...like I said plan to spend time at the Boardwalk. Some nights they have entertainers performing live on the Boardwalk (magicians, musicians, mimes), almost forgot, you can rent 4 or 6 person bicycles to ride around the boardwalk area, a good way to work off the ice cream!:yay:

Lol amazing!! I can't wait to get there already we are really looking forward to it but as you know planning can be so overwhelming!! Thank you for all the info! And I'm looking forward to all the amazing foods and renting those bikes!!

One of our favorite things to do is to take the monorail and stop at all the resorts. We love to meander through the lobby and check out the store. We also always get one drink at the Poly. It's also a nice break from MK when you don't want to go back to your hotel. We've gone to MK in the morning, done lunch at one of the resorts and relaxed, and then headed back to MK for more fun. As another poster suggested, BW and BC/YC are also fun to tour. We've started at HS and then walked over to one of those resorts for lunch, before continuing on to Epcot for dinner and Illuminations.

The above "rmcildw2m" posted above about taking the bus from Downtown Disney to any resort and I totally agree. You can take your rented car to Downtown Disney where they have a bus stop for each designated pod of resorts. Jump on the bus and just get off at whichever resort it takes you to and you'll be dropped off right in front of resort and when done taking pics, jump on the bus where you got off and it'll take you to the NEXT resort in his designated pod of resorts. No need to use up all the gas and energy walking to/from the resort parking lots, somedays they resort lots are really packed. PS* There is no charge to get on/off the bus, monorail, or little lake boats that take you to the parks and resorts :) When you're done you can ride the bus back to Downtown Disney bus stop and get to your car OR jump on another bus and start over with a new set of resorts to explore. Yeah....I LOVE DISNEY ;)

sugessted itinerary:DTD boat or bus to OKW &/or SSR, back to DTD, DTD bus to VWL, then boat to Contemporary, monorail to GF, and Poly for lunch; then to transportation center at Magic Kingdom, catch bus to AKV, bus to Animal Kingdom, catch bus to BCV, boat or walk to Swan/Dlphin, boat or walk to BWV for dinner and BW nightlife/EPCOT fireworks, then bus to DTD, then back to your hotel. start early, visit resorts/take plenty of pictures, plan to stay late; consider breaking it up into segments over 2 or 3 day , just start and end the day's trip at DTD.

AKL is one of our favorites. The animal viewing areas (indoor and outdoor) are wonderful, there's a fire pit with rockers, and African art and artificats throughout the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter