virtuous girl 4-24-12 " Reception video- MK ceremony "

virtuous girl

Faith, trust, & pixie dust
Hello there lovely ladies & occasional gentlemen :flower3:
My name is Michelle Sanchez & i'm a HUGE disney fan... I am so happy 2 c other brides out there who are as crazy as me 4 everything disney :lmao: I have been searching the boards 4 a while now & thought it was time 2 start my own PJ..

About us:
I am 27 y.o & i am a Labor and Delivery Nurse. I was born & raised in Philadelphia PA. My Husband is 31 y.o & he works in waste management driving trucks. His name is Immanuel but we call him Manny. He was born & raised n Brooklyn NY.

How we met:
Manny's father kicked him out the house when he 15 bcuz he said he couldn't support his drug habit & raising kids at the same time, so he chose his drugs over him:confused3 So he packed his bags moved here 2 philly with his aunt. We met thru church @ a youth convention. I was 13 and he was 18. My mother was real strict. U might be thinking "well how strict was she"? I was 18, had a job, in college & i still couldnt date :scared1: What was crazy was my 2 brothers started dating at age 12. Her response was they are boys & ur not :confused: She wasn't the religious type of strict either. I had 2 clean the bathroom, livingrm, both dinning rms, my rm, her rm, the whole house by myself when i had 2 brothers living here. It was home right after school. So church was my safe haven. 1 time she didnt allow me 2 go 2 church bcuz i had hung the wrong pair of pants up 2 dry. She knew i enjoyed going so she would fine stupid things 2 punish me so i didnt go. If anything wouldn't u want ur child 2 go?? Manny & I had been talking & seeing each other at the youth groups on friday nights. We began 2 get close with 1 another but knew we couldn't get serious bcuz of my mother. We just couldn't help it :cloud9: Manny decided 2 wait for me 2 turn 18 to approach my mom about us officially dating. So from the age of 14-18 we got 2 know each other & go on trips with the youth group. I graduated high school june 2002 and that summer i turned 18 :cheer2: I had started college in july & had a job at subway. Manny and i decided aug 29, 2002 for him 2 come over & approach my mother. Well what a mess that was. He came over & my mother FREAKED OUT. Let me give u a visual- Across the street from my house is a playground, i ran out the house & she CHASED me around the jungle gym, she was sreaming and cursing, finally she said "if u want 2 be with him u have 2 get out" then look at him and said "now u have 2 support her". I did not want 2 move in with him just yet bcuz 1-we really had not been dating yet 2-we were not married yet. My aunt took me in. Another funny thing was that 1 wk later she calls me and says "are u ready 2 come back?" I said "come back where?" she said "home" " NOPE:rotfl2:"

The Engagement:
I moved in with my aunt after that. Me and her are best friends. She was ok with us dating. About 1 month after officially dating we started talking about marriage and both decided hey why not. We both knew this is what we wanted some day so why not now. We bought the ring early oct 2002 and set the date for november but he didnt officially ask me yet. All of his family live in NY so we would visit there quite often. On oct 21,2002 His older sister was having a baby shower in NY with friends & family over. Towards the end of the party they had everyone sit in a circle in the livingrm. They told everybody 2 say something nice about his sister & the baby's arrival. Manny went 1st then so on & so forth. Then manny raised his hand 2 go again. I'm thinking dude how much more do u want 2 say. He got up, turned 2 me, got down on 1 knee, said some lubby dubby things, & asked me 2 marry him :love:.
Marriage:
We got married Nov 9, 2002. I was 18 & manny was 23 when we got married. I know we were young but we are still 2gether 2day bcuz of the grace of God :goodvibes. We got married by 11am at a wedding salon, went 2 red lobster for a mini reception, change our clothes, went 2 the movies, & shopping!! It was a fun spontanious day. Only his father and sister were there 4 us. Manny reconciled with his father b4 we got married so it was nice 4 him 2 support us. We kept it a secret 4 about 3 months then told everyone. My dress was actually my prom dress :rotfl:!

A quick time line: officially dating 8/23/02, engaged 10/21/02, married 11/9/02

Our plans are 2 do a 10 yr vow renewal in Disney World!! :cheer2::cool1::rotfl2::rotfl::woohoo::yay: Could u tell i'm excited !!! :lmao:

11-09-02001.jpg

oldcouplepict002.jpg

oldcouplepict005.jpg

oldcouplepict004.jpg

oldcouplepict006.jpg

Up next details about Our disney Vow renewal!

Peace out ;)

Congratulations and welcome!! Looking forward to hearing all about your plans!!

Hello tinkerbell, Thanks 4 joining me on my journey! I thought there 4 a moment nobody would join me... I promise 2 keep u updated!!

Our original wedding date is Nov 9, 2002 but i didn't want another fall wedding so i decided for a spring wedding. I have chosen the date April 23,2012. Our ceremony will be held at the WP at 10am on Monday morning, Pre-reception at the white hall patio, Reception at the st augustine ballroom, & dessert party at the UK lochside in Epcot at 8:30pm. I figured since i was going 2 spend so much money i wanted my guests 2 have an all day experience with us:rotfl:. I invited 42 guests but I am expecting 30 guests. I was trying 2 be nice 2 my mother & asked her 2 walk me down the aisle since she raised me not my father. Her reponse was " only if u have the wedding here in philly but not in florida" :sad2: I guess that means no bcuz im not changing my hearts desire. Needless 2 say she got crossed off the list bcuz she found it pointless 2 travel 2 FL 4 a wedding. Oh well, less drama 4 me while planning our day :woohoo:. My biological father will b walking me down the aisle.
Our colors are turquoise & white. I will be having a small wedding party- 1 maid of honor my aunt, 1 best lady manny's sister, 1 flower girl my younger sister, & 1 ring bearer manny's nephew.
More updates to come!

Peace out ;)

That all sounds great!! Shame about your Mum but you need to do this your way or else you will certainly regret it!!!

I totally agree with u :thumbsup2. So that is why i am still having this wedding :banana:

yesterday I had 2 go 2 work & my patient and myself started 2 talk about mother in laws. She came in labor & told her husband not 2 call his mom in just yet. She said " If ur mom talks about her labor story 1 more time i'm going 2 throw her out the window!! :lmao: I told her i only met mines twice & it was nice not having that type of stress around. But i also told her about my mom & how she is not coming 2 the wedding. Long story short i told her i was having a disney wedding & come 2 find out she got married at the wedding pavilion also!! :rotfl: It was so awesome meeting another disney bride in person & having her understand my wishes. She delivered a healthy baby boy :love: I thought this would b a cute story 2 share, It made my day even better :goodvibes

Peace out ;)

These are some pics of the ring bearer pillow & flower girl basket... I told myself from the beginning that i didnt want 2 pay full price 4 ANYTHING!! So far i have been doing really great :cool1:.. I am so all about the coupons :rotfl: .. the basket i got from micheals with a 50% off coupon for $5... the stone stickers were from micheals as well with a 40% coupon & the pillow was $10 from party city... i just added the stickers 2 the basket & pillow... i want hidden mickeys or should i say obvious mickeys in everything i do but keep it pretty as well... i love sparkles so u will b seeing alot of things bedazzled :goodvibes...

(sorry so big but i have no idea how to make pic smaller)

pillow002.jpg

pillow001.jpg

pillowbasket002.jpg

pillowbasket001.jpg

Peace out ;)

I'm in! I love your love story and even though you had a quick engagement you actually knew each other for 4 years when you got married, which is a lot longer than a lot of people! :rotfl: congrats on 10 years of marriage, that is quite an accomplishment. You will be younger at your 10 year vow renewal than I will be on my wedding day next year. :rotfl:

I also am all about the Michael's coupons. I make so many trips there I am probably spending more money in gas than what I am actually saving with coupons! The pillow looks great!

Sorry about your mom but it seems like she is the one who should be sorry that she's missing out on your life. :hug:

Can't wait to see what's next!

Hi Virtuous Girl,

I love your plans so far :lovestruck:

The Ring Pillow and Flowergirl Basket look absolutely gorgeous, so professional, I'm in awe :worship:

We are having a Vow Renewal too and I've promised Hubby that I won't go spending mad (that's been his only request so far, otherwise he's happy to go along with my plans) so I'm trying to keep costs down too. I wish we had Michaels over here!! I've visited them when we've visited friends in America and they are HUGE, I could spend days just wandering round :rotfl:

I can't wait to hear more about your plans

Best wishes
Gertiesquidge

I'm in! I love your love story and even though you had a quick engagement you actually knew each other for 4 years when you got married, which is a lot longer than a lot of people! :rotfl: congrats on 10 years of marriage, that is quite an accomplishment. You will be younger at your 10 year vow renewal than I will be on my wedding day next year. :rotfl:

I also am all about the Michael's coupons. I make so many trips there I am probably spending more money in gas than what I am actually saving with coupons! The pillow looks great!

Sorry about your mom but it seems like she is the one who should be sorry that she's missing out on your life. :hug:

Can't wait to see what's next!

Aww, thanks 4 the compliments :goodvibes Michaels & Ac moore are on my way home from work so i make frequent visits... even if i buy 1 item with a 50% coupon daily i dont have 2 worry about wasting gas! :lmao:

Hi Virtuous Girl,

I love your plans so far :lovestruck:

The Ring Pillow and Flowergirl Basket look absolutely gorgeous, so professional, I'm in awe :worship:

We are having a Vow Renewal too and I've promised Hubby that I won't go spending mad (that's been his only request so far, otherwise he's happy to go along with my plans) so I'm trying to keep costs down too. I wish we had Michaels over here!! I've visited them when we've visited friends in America and they are HUGE, I could spend days just wandering round :rotfl:

I can't wait to hear more about your plans

Best wishes
Gertiesquidge

Ur so sweet, thanks :goodvibes

Wow ladies great feedback :thumbsup2

I wasnt sure what i wanted as a guestbook but new i wanted something different from what people here in philly were using. I have seen the 9 inch vinylmation used b4 as guest books on the boards & i loved them!!! So i decided 2 buy them & dress them up a bit. I bought two 9" white vinylmation and stickers from ac moore. My hubby loves them & the idea of using them 4 people 2 sign. I just want 2 thank the ladies who had previously used them b4 for their inspiration :worship:

guestbooksashgirlsniteout012.jpg

guestbooksashgirlsniteout006.jpg

guestbooksashgirlsniteout003.jpg

guestbooksashgirlsniteout002.jpg

guestbooksashgirlsniteout004.jpg

guestbooksashgirlsniteout005.jpg

guestbooksashgirlsniteout001.jpg

guestbooksashgirlsniteout010.jpg

guestbooksashgirlsniteout007.jpg

guestbooksashgirlsniteout008.jpg

guestbooksashgirlsniteout009.jpg

guestbooksashgirlsniteout011.jpg

The letters in the word groom has a white shirt & little black tie which i thought was so cute. I just love the hat sticker on the groom :goodvibes I placed a flower in her hand as a small bouquet & 1 on her ring finger as a ring. I was thinking of finding a small veil for the bride but not sure. What do u ladies think??
Oh & by the way how do u make these pics smaller??

Peace out ;)

Loving all the lovely things you have made!! You are so clever!"
If you use 'Photobucket' for your photos, you need to resize them on there before posting.

Hiya! Just joining in...

Congratulations on the VR and 10 years of marraige.

Love your story, you make a lovely couple.

All your things so far a brilliant. Love the pillow, the basket and the vinyls, they're great.

Looking forward to seeing more xx

Your plans sound amazing, and I love the basket and pillow!!!! April is right around the corner:)

Your plans sound amazing, and I love the basket and pillow!!!! April is right around the corner:)

Thank u :goodvibes April is so close but yet so far :rotfl:

Hiya! Just joining in...

Congratulations on the VR and 10 years of marraige.

Love your story, you make a lovely couple.

All your things so far a brilliant. Love the pillow, the basket and the vinyls, they're great.

Looking forward to seeing more xx

Thanks hun... the disboards can bring out the best & creativity in people :goodvibes

Loving all the lovely things you have made!! You are so clever!"
If you use 'Photobucket' for your photos, you need to resize them on there before posting.

Thank u for helping me bcuz trying 2 figure out how 2 make them smaller were making me go NUTS!! :rotfl:

Well 2day & 2morro are the doorbuster sales at ac moore and micheals... so u know where i was at 2day :rotfl2: 52% off plus i had coupons so i racked up on things 4 the big day :woohoo: i am working on some projects this wkend so when im finished i will post.. i have 2 keep u girls coming back :surfweb:

Peace out ;)

2day is such a beautiful day at work.. i am here for 12hrs & all our patients delivered! Now that i have all this free time i am reading alot of the past brides PJs. So much inspiration! what is even better about 2 day is the fact it is a holiday and i get time & a half for reading PJs all day :rotfl:

I have booked Randy Chapman for 6 1/2 hrs for photography & Simply cinematic for about 8hrs for videography... I have seen so many pretty pics with randy & he is VERY reasonable with price :cool1: . I really like misty miotto but she was out of my price range. Simply cinematic had trailers on previous disney wedding & i was HOOKED :love: I did some research on other videographers but i kept comparing them with simply cinematic, but none could compare 4 me :goodvibes

I really had 2 be realistic about my budget since i am the one paying 4 this wedding. Our agreement was that i pay for the wedding & he pays for the house. He has been really doing great saving 4 the house!! How do i know u ask? I am the one who pays the bills & periodically check the savings :rolleyes1 Both sets of parents are not paying 4 anything & didnt even offer 2 pay 4 anything. So my philosophy is that since i am paying 4 everything i am doing WHATEVER i want :rotfl2:. I know that sounds selfish but my husband is not a planner at all. He also said if u like it do it as long as i could afford it. 2 b honest he does not know alot of the details about the wedding. The only decision he wanted 2 b involved in was our outfits, the food, & music. Everything else he could careless about. Thats ok that is why i can share all my ideas with u lovely ladies :hug: But i know when the day comes he is going 2 b happy with all the decisions i make :)

Peace out ;)

It sounds like your plans are coming along nicely :thumbsup2 And I totally agree - if you are paying for it all, you get to make all (well most!!) of the decisions :)

We have booked a meeting with Randy Chapman when we go on holiday to WDW in November, my husband is a professional photographer and wants to talk to a few photographers before deciding who to go with. Hubby is SUPER picky when it comes to photography, and if Randy has made his shortlist he must be good :worship:

Looking forward to hearing more of your plans
Gertiesquidge

Congrats and welcome! I just happened to be catching up on Joanne & Paul's VR and starting checking out your pj. My daughter was married on the same day as Joanne's VR and I was so lucky to meet her that day. I love reading the wedding boards so much but never had time or ability to post anything. The wedding was at WP/Summerhouse chged to inside due to rain)St.Augustine BR. I found the Disbrides post so informative and helpful as I tried to help her plan. Your story is so sweet, I can't wait to read more of your plans.

Joining in on your PJ - just wanted to say that your story is touching - you and Manny are a great couple:love:

And like the PPs have said - its too bad about your Mom - but hey - it's her loss - I couldn't imagine not going to my daughter's wedding - even if it was a million miles away!

Great job on the pillow and basket - and the vinylmation bride & groom - can't wait to see what else you come up with - so crafty..:wizard:

Do you have the dress yet?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts