Virtually impossible to book VAK or BWV (standard) in Dec?

dcibrando

DIS Veteran
We're purchasing into DVC w/ SSR as our home resort which we love...but of course would like to try others if we could from time to time

is it going to be impossible to try to book VAK or BWV standard (studios) Dec. 15-21, 2007?

Nothing is impossible, but I wouldn't go into this transaction thinking either of those ressies would be easy to get at 7 months.

Having said that, I was able to add a night to an existing October reservation in a 1 bd std view at BWV just last month, and those are REALLY difficult to get due to F&W.

We're purchasing into DVC w/ SSR as our home resort which we love...but of course would like to try others if we could from time to time

is it going to be impossible to try to book VAK or BWV standard (studios) Dec. 15-21, 2007?

The problem here is if there is availability ANYWHERE within the DVC system for those nights. We are already well past the 7 month booking window, so it would likely be waitlisted. You never know until you try though.

December is probably the busiest time of the year for DVC, although the period you list is probably not quite as bad as early December or Christmas-New Years.

BWV standard view is tough to get at 11 months, much less 7, so I wouldn't plan on that. AKV will be tough for a while, but once it gets fully built, it will be a pretty good-sized resort and ressies will be easier to get. However, I think you'll have the same thing there you have at BWV -- the low-points units will go to owners of that resort at 11 months.

At other times of the year, you'll have much better luck. We were able to get a BCV studio for five nights (in May) at 5 months out.

I'd make a backup ressie at SSR to be sure you have something, and then see what you can get at seven months.

I think your odds at BWV standard studio are very slim. Can't speak for AKV. You may need to wait a year and try at exactly 7 months, calling day-by-day. Even then you may need to waitlist. GOod luck!

Thanks...

so I assume SSR and OKW are generally easy to get a reservation for (studio) throughout the year due to size and maybe not as popular as the others?

Thanks...

so I assume SSR and OKW are generally easy to get a reservation for (studio) throughout the year due to size and maybe not as popular as the others?

Not necessarily. Rather, if you are seeking accomodations, during busy times, that are already scarce, it's best to buy where you want to stay. BWV std view is a small percentage of rooms. Until the construction is complete, AKV might be hard to book for non-owners. The 11 mo booking is really important in these cases. I'd even say book at 11 months for SSR + OKW too. December is popular regardless of resort.

Thanks...

Within reason. I think there are days in October and December where nothing is available right now in July already. Not at SSR or at OKW. DVC isn't a good choice if you take advantage of short notice airfare specials and the sudden urge to go to WDW next week.

For October through December and holidays, you should probably plan 6+ months out - even if you aren't picky about your resort - to make sure you'll get the availability you want without needing to use the wait list. For the rest of the year, you should probably plan on at least four months out. If you plan two or three months out, you will probably not find DVC to be flexible enough for you.

wow....so when I become a dvc member in a few more weeks I may not be able to get a studio anywhere dec 15-21? yikes

thanks for everyone's help on this

wow....so when I become a dvc member in a few more weeks I may not be able to get a studio anywhere dec 15-21? yikes

thanks for everyone's help on this

If you're planning to purchase through Disney and you're already talking with a guide, ask him/her to check on availability anywhere for the time frame you want. If you don't yet have a guide, ask for one.

If you're planning on buying resale, you'll have to wait until you're in the system before making reservations.

:goodvibes

We are new members using our DVC for the first time. Our home resort is SSR. We book about 3 weeks ago, we wanted the WLV or AKV but they were not available so we went with SSR for Dec 21-26. We asked to be put on the waitlist for AK or WL. When I checked my ressie last weekend I saw our waitlist came through for a savanna view at the AKL. We are very excited. So anything is possible.

ok so you ca make a reservation where available but can be put on the waitlist and if it comes through hey cancel 1 reservation an book the prefered one? cool!

We were waitlisted for Dec 8 & 9 at VAK and I called today to cancel all our waitlists and guess what... Our VAK came thru, it was a Savannah studio and a 2 bdrm that came thru, we turned both of them down so hopefully someone here got them. Waitlists do come thur. good luck

Last year I decided in Aug, only 4 months prior, that I wanted to go to WDW in Dec. I had no problem with getting a room in OKW or SSR. NO waitlist or anything. So no, don't think you'll have a problem, but you never know.

I think it is becoming more difficult to book within the seven month window. I think this is due to the fact that there are so many more DVC members as well as resorts. OKW and Saratoga are large resorts and appear to be easier to book. It seems that SSR is generally available but my home resort OKW isn't. Definitely buy where you want to stay and book prior to the seven month window to insure you get what you want.

I called two weeks ago to check on changing our 12/9-12/14 SSR (2br) reservations to the following week (12/16-12/21). The only resort left was SSR (but I only had her check SSR, BWV, BCV, and VWL--not AKV).

It's possible more things have opened up since then but not likely--although there might be availability at AKV.

Halle said:
I think it is becoming more difficult to book within the seven month window. I think this is due to the fact that there are so many more DVC members as well as resorts.

I have to agree!

I have found that this year it has been much harder getting my waitlist to come through than it was in the past two years.

I do not book my reservations day-by-day since we have a 2 and 4 year old and do not want to risk one of our days not coming through and then having to change resorts.

In the past it hasn't been a problem. The longest I waited on a waitlist for a 2br was six weeks. It's been two months now and none of my waitlists have come through (and I'm waitlisted at BWV, BCV or VWL).

I agree with DVC Grammy, have your guide check on availability for you. You might have better luck since you are only wanting a studio unit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter