Virtual Queue during extra magic night hours, Epcot or MK

RD-SOX

Hockey Mom
I tried searching though the threads and can't find an answer, my question is this: Virtual queue boarding groups are dropped at 7 am and 1 pm, also sometimes 6 pm BUT are the 6 pm virtual queues for the people staying in the deluxe resorts getting the extra magic night hours?

I just want to report back - do not make the same mistake I did:
I did not realize that we could get the 7am queue AND the 6pm queue when staying at deluxe resort during Extra Evening Theme Park hours.
I was so worried about even getting the virtual queue, I did not realize we could ride Guardians twice.
I realize on our MK day that we could ride Tron twice when I was looking in the app... silly me.

Just posting this as an Info:

If you have park hopper, you need to have entered the park to acces the 6pm virtual queue (if you had a park pass for another park).
But, if you have a reservation for that park you can acces the 6 pm vq even if you did not tap in.
Monday night I got the VQ from my plane landing in Orlando (and i had a reservation for the park) But now I was not able to do it since i was in animal kingdom and still not entered Magic kingdom.

Just posting this as an Info:

If you have park hopper, you need to have entered the park to acces the 6pm virtual queue (if you had a park pass for another park).
But, if you have a reservation for that park you can acces the 6 pm vq even if you did not tap in.
Monday night I got the VQ from my plane landing in Orlando (and i had a reservation for the park) But now I was not able to do it since i was in animal kingdom and still not entered Magic kingdom.
Thanks! I always thought that you could be outside the park to book if you were staying deluxe but I guess if you have a PH, and are hopping (and no PR), you'd need to tap in first (and which point you could be offsite, say for dinner)?

Do I understand this correctly?

We have APs. We can try for the 6pm drop even if we have not yet tapped into the park we have the reservation for that day. APs can go to any park after 2pm without having tapped into a park, correct?

Thanks! I always thought that you could be outside the park to book if you were staying deluxe but I guess if you have a PH, and are hopping (and no PR), you'd need to tap in first (and which point you could be offsite, say for dinner)?

You don't need to have tapped in for the 6 PM queue, I got Guardians while at Sanaa and we were at AK all day....

EDIT: But this is Disney IT....

You don't need to have tapped in for the 6 PM queue, I got Guardians while at Sanaa and we were at AK all day....

EDIT: But this is Disney IT....
That’s weird, I couldn’t do that with Tron…maybe they put more restrictions to Tron since it’s new

I had same issue in mid-February, we were at HS all today, staying Grand Floridian, attempted to get the 6pm VQ drop for Guardians and none of my group was eligible. It had to be because we had not tapped into Epcot that day.

That’s weird, I couldn’t do that with Tron…maybe they put more restrictions to Tron since it’s new

I literally remember opening the VQ going, eh if it works, it works. If it doesn't, it doesn't. But it did.

I saw this on Disney’s website

Know Before You Go
• Guests will need valid admission and a theme park reservation for the same park on the same day to experience extended evening hours–or, Guests may experience extended evening hours if they have a ticket or annual pass with the Park Hopper option and first enter the park where they made their reservation.

Last edited:
We are APs and got into the 6 pm virtual queue for Guardians while on the Skyliner on our way to Epcot. We had park reservations for the Studios that day and had tapped in and spent the day there but had not tapped into Epcot yet. This was at the end of March.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter