Everything Virtual Queue - Please Read Posts 1 and 2

I rode Tron last night. I tried to join the queue at 7:15 and it was full. We didn’t try for the 1:00 because we were planning on hopping to Epcot. Sometime around 3ish I for a message pop up on the app that I could join the queue. We got boarding group 182 and they were currently boarding group 100. We assumed we would get called sometime around 9 and that we could just head back to MK around 8:30. We ended up being called at 7:32 while we were on Ratatouille in Epcot. We booted it back to MK but arrived 17 min late - they were boarding groups 185 and up. Our app said our time had expired and we assumed they would deny us but wanted to try and plead our case anyway. Tapped our bands and they went green! It was raining so not sure if that had anything to do with them extending the time or not. One we tapped in it took about 30 min to get on the actual ride.

Someone in a thread about the new 4-day tickets coming soon had a good question.

Since these tickets will not require a park reservation, how will that affect getting a VQ since obtaining a VQ require a park reservation to be able to try at 7AM.

The only similar reference we currently have are APs. Have any APs tried to obtain a VQ at 7AM without a park reservation? Did MDE allow you to obtain one that you could use once you enter the park? Guess this really only works right now for GotG where return times are not being enforced.

TIA for any experiences you can share.

You still need a reservation as of right now to enter a park before 2PM. You can get the 1PM VQ after you hop over to the particular park, provided the VQ for that ride is still open at 2PM.

Someone in a thread about the new 4-day tickets coming soon had a good question.

Since these tickets will not require a park reservation, how will that affect getting a VQ since obtaining a VQ require a park reservation to be able to try at 7AM.

The only similar reference we currently have are APs. Have any APs tried to obtain a VQ at 7AM without a park reservation? Did MDE allow you to obtain one that you could use once you enter the park? Guess this really only works right now for GotG where return times are not being enforced.

TIA for any experiences you can share.
I have an AP and the system will not allow 7am VQ without a park reservation since you can’t enter until 2pm without one. I imagine these new tickets will be different.

The 4-Park Magic Ticket includes one admission to each of the 4 Walt Disney World theme parks—Magic Kingdom park, Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park, EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios—for a total of 4 admissions, on 4 separate days. Limit one admission per theme park, and one theme park per day. This ticket does not require theme park reservations to enter the parks.

I understand reservations are still required right now, but it’s the wording in the ticket description that’s making me wonder if a reservation will even be allowed to be made.

Maybe that’s part of the deal to receive the discount … can’t make a park reservation so aren’t part of the masses looking to make a VQ at 7am.

It may even eliminate the chance at 1 pm if will function like the 2 pm hopping timeline even if in the park before that time (still never having made a park reservation).

Hopefully can be clarified if does not require equals cannot make or is optional.

The 4-Park Magic Ticket includes one admission to each of the 4 Walt Disney World theme parks—Magic Kingdom park, Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park, EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios—for a total of 4 admissions, on 4 separate days. Limit one admission per theme park, and one theme park per day. This ticket does not require theme park reservations to enter the parks.

I understand reservations are still required right now, but it’s the wording in the ticket description that’s making me wonder if a reservation will even be allowed to be made.

Maybe that’s part of the deal to receive the discount … can’t make a park reservation so aren’t part of the masses looking to make a VQ at 7am.

It may even eliminate the chance at 1 pm if will function like the 2 pm hopping timeline even if in the park before that time (still never having made a park reservation).

Hopefully can be clarified if does not require equals cannot make or is optional.

I really doubt they'd shut these tickets out of VQs, that would be a very poor guest experience for them to not be able to experience the two newest (best?) rides on property.

I would take my chance with the 7am BG. Keep an eye on it and if you miss your time you can remove everyone from the boarding group and try again at 1pm. Make sure you remove everyone before 1pm if you're going to try for that one.

I had a party of 6 on Wednesday and we got boarding group 11. Only two members of my party used it. I removed the others and tried again at the 1pm drop (actually it was at 309pm). I was able to get the other 4 people into boarding group 180.

So I got a boarding group at the 7am drop the first day for all 5 of my family. Since my youngest was too short she never scanned in her band to enter the VQ. At the 1pm drop she was eligible without me having to do anything. I don't think you need to "cancel." Just don't scan in.

I did Tron earlier this week via VQ; booked right at 7am and got group 18. I knew we wouldn't make it to the park by the time that group was called (which was right at 9:04am IIRC) and we did indeed miss it.

We asked a CM if we could ride when we finally arrived well past the expiration. She said no, but confirmed we could try again for the 1pm VQ. She told us NOT to touch anything or remove anyone, just try again at 1. Which we did and very easily secured a spot, then rode mid-afternoon.
I compiled a few posts on this subject, since it will apply to me. We will be arriving at MK around 9:45 am, due to an earlier reservation, we can't arrive any earlier. By the time we tap in and make it to TRON, I expect it will be after 10am. I was curious if I should give a try with the 7am VQ, but worried that, what if I get it and my return time is before 10am. But it seems that should probably be ok. Even if I get called at 8:45-9:45, and we don't enter the park until 10... if they don't let us ride at 10, we can just let that VQ expire and try again for the 1pm drop. I really want to ride before 5pm, we plan to be in the park 10am-5pm. So I'm going to go with this plan, unless someone sees a flaw in the plan (I realize a flaw could be that the 1pm BG doesn't get called till 7pm or something, but that's as good as we can do I think).

I compiled a few posts on this subject, since it will apply to me. We will be arriving at MK around 9:45 am, due to an earlier reservation, we can't arrive any earlier. By the time we tap in and make it to TRON, I expect it will be after 10am. I was curious if I should give a try with the 7am VQ, but worried that, what if I get it and my return time is before 10am. But it seems that should probably be ok. Even if I get called at 8:45-9:45, and we don't enter the park until 10... if they don't let us ride at 10, we can just let that VQ expire and try again for the 1pm drop. I really want to ride before 5pm, we plan to be in the park 10am-5pm. So I'm going to go with this plan, unless someone sees a flaw in the plan (I realize a flaw could be that the 1pm BG doesn't get called till 7pm or something, but that's as good as we can do I think).
I am in a similar situation. We are doing the KTTK tour in MK, and I am going to try for the 7am BG, but realize that I may well be called before the tour ends (at 2:30). If so then I will go for the 1pm group. It seems like the 1pm VQ doesn't get immediately full like the 7am VQ does.

I am in a similar situation. We are doing the KTTK tour in MK, and I am going to try for the 7am BG, but realize that I may well be called before the tour ends (at 2:30). If so then I will go for the 1pm group. It seems like the 1pm VQ doesn't get immediately full like the 7am VQ does.
In your situation I would not even try for the 7AM drop as I’m there is almost a 100% chance it will expire before you can ride and you will be taking VQs away from other guests who would be available to ride.

Last edited:
Ok, for Tron, I’m reading it both ways. If you get a 7am boarding group but don’t make it to magic kingdom in time for your group do you cancel it or just let it lapse to try again at 1????

Ok, for Tron, I’m reading it both ways. If you get a 7am boarding group but don’t make it to magic kingdom in time for your group do you cancel it or just let it lapse to try again at 1????
You may be allowed to rebook at 1PM but it is not a guarantee. Tron VQ’s are extremely popular and if guests start letting them lapse on a regular basis and try again at 1:00 I can see them changing that. You would probably be allowed to try again at 1:00 but it’s not guaranteed that it will be available for you to try as technically guests are limited to 1 VQ per day for an attraction during normal operating hours.

Randomly checked the app today, and I see the VQ for Tron Lightcycle / Run shows as still available to join. This is at 5:44pm Eastern, on a day when MK does not have extended evening hours. It says they are now boarding groups 116 to 126.

Is this usual or a glitch?

Editing to add: the VQ for Tron now shows it has reached capacity, as of 5:49pm. Still, I'm very surprised the 1:00pm VQ lasted almost 5 hours.

Randomly checked the app today, and I see the VQ for Tron Lightcycle / Run shows as still available to join. This is at 5:44pm Eastern, on a day when MK does not have extended evening hours. It says they are now boarding groups 116 to 126.

Is this usual or a glitch?

Editing to add: the VQ for Tron now shows it has reached capacity, as of 5:49pm. Still, I'm very surprised the 1:00pm VQ lasted almost 5 hours.

This picture from Thrill-Data shows that thankfully it's lasting later quite often right now.

1684792654216.png

We had boarding group 81 last week and were called at 2:45pm. We had group 8 the week before and were called at 8:45. I was faster the first day I guess? I believe you can check thrill data to see what time the groups are called. I would suggest trying for 7 am and if you can't make it on time then try for the 1pm groups.

For the group 8 we waited a few minutes once called to be in the boarding room, group 81 we waited an hour in the line to get on the ride. By the time we rode our ILL at 7 pm that line of VQ was even longer. Also, part of the queue was before where you tap in, we were there long enough for 2 more groups to be called after us, before we got to tap in. Later in the night it looked like an even longer wait.

We had boarding group 81 last week and were called at 2:45pm. We had group 8 the week before and were called at 8:45. I was faster the first day I guess? I believe you can check thrill data to see what time the groups are called. I would suggest trying for 7 am and if you can't make it on time then try for the 1pm groups.

For the group 8 we waited a few minutes once called to be in the boarding room, group 81 we waited an hour in the line to get on the ride. By the time we rode our ILL at 7 pm that line of VQ was even longer. Also, part of the queue was before where you tap in, we were there long enough for 2 more groups to be called after us, before we got to tap in. Later in the night it looked like an even longer wait.
When you got group 81 (called at 2:45pm), did you get that from the 7am drop or the 1pm drop?

7 AM drop
Thanks. I didn't realize the 7am drop times lasted that late until the afternoon. I will definitely try my luck with the 7am drop then, since we will be there for all but the first hour...I will just be hoping for a boarding group, but not the first boarding group!

Question. I have a courtesy lightening lane for guardians at any time. I also have the VQ. How do I ensure it uses my VQ pass and not my courtesy LL when I go to scan?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter