Virgin or BA with an infant under one?

ElleBelle88

Mouseketeer
Does anyone have any experience of using the bouncy chair type attachment on a BA flight- is it worth an extra £150 (for the whole party) or should we just fly with Virgin Atlantic? Please note, our little one will almost certainly be too big for a regular sky cot by the time we fly! Thanks in advance!

I used it on a flight to Thailand with my then 20 month old. He was a big boy and I was worried beforehand whether he would fit, but he did and it was so useful being able to put him down when he was asleep so we could have hands free to eat and look after our older child. You also have space underneath to put water bottles, toys etc.

The only thing was you can only use it when the seatbelt sign is not on so we had him waking when we transferred him, whereas if we'd kept him on our lap the whole time he might have slept through. But he was a bit of a heavy lump to hold by that point, so worth it overall to us. Only you will know how much of an inconvenience having your little one in someone's arms the whole time would be, and how happy they'll be to sleep in the chair. He did look so cute tucked under a little blanket asleep on it though, and you can use both hands to take pictures of the cuteness. (Or one hand to take the picture and the other to eat chocolate without little one grabbing for it)

We are taking 7 month old or VA in November, bought her a seat and taking the car seat on board as it's FAA Approved, she can go in it for naps and for take off a landing.

I used it on a flight to Thailand with my then 20 month old. He was a big boy and I was worried beforehand whether he would fit, but he did and it was so useful being able to put him down when he was asleep so we could have hands free to eat and look after our older child. You also have space underneath to put water bottles, toys etc.

The only thing was you can only use it when the seatbelt sign is not on so we had him waking when we transferred him, whereas if we'd kept him on our lap the whole time he might have slept through. But he was a bit of a heavy lump to hold by that point, so worth it overall to us. Only you will know how much of an inconvenience having your little one in someone's arms the whole time would be, and how happy they'll be to sleep in the chair. He did look so cute tucked under a little blanket asleep on it though, and you can use both hands to take pictures of the cuteness. (Or one hand to take the picture and the other to eat chocolate without little one grabbing for it)

Okay, that's really helpful, thanks. I'll make sure to have my camera at the ready then!

We are taking 7 month old or VA in November, bought her a seat and taking the car seat on board as it's FAA Approved, she can go in it for naps and for take off a landing.

Right, okay. May I ask which airline that's with, please?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter