Virgin Holidays flydrive without using the car?

meryll83

All it takes is faith and trust...
Hi All,

I'm sure this has been asked many times before, but the search functionality has failed to find me anything relatively recent.

I've booked a flydrive to avoid an extortionate price with Virgin Atlantic (but that's a different story!) but we don't actually want the car.

Do I just not collect it at the airport? I'd rather let someone know we won't be picking it up so it can be used by someone else, but I saw some ye olde advice that you're better just not collecting it to avoid attempts to change the booking / charges etc.

Anyone with recent experience of this?

Last edited:
Your fine to not have your car and we didn't bother telling them. We ve had the 'free' car before but book our own hire car seperately

Done it a few times. Don't tell them or they will charge you an unpackackaging fee.

I am dying to hear the different story lol.. We ended up booking BA. Gutted after flying 16 years with VA. those prices for nexr October no thanks...

There's a little hyperlink to the different story in my first post Paula... :thumbsup2

Thanks all for the advice!

Just noticed this on my car hire voucher..

'IF YOU HAVE BOOKED THE BASIC CAR PACKAGE YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO PAY MANDATORY TAXES AND FEES ON ARRIVAL'

As we're not intending on picking up the car, will this cause an issue?

Just noticed this on my car hire voucher..

'IF YOU HAVE BOOKED THE BASIC CAR PACKAGE YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO PAY MANDATORY TAXES AND FEES ON ARRIVAL'

As we're not intending on picking up the car, will this cause an issue?

Nope, thats fine, you're not evening going to go to the desk, so not an issue :)

I was up front with them and told them we wouldn't be using the car. They said it's no problem and that lots of people do it.

I have it in writing from them that I won't be charged anything for not collecting the car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!