Virgin Atlantic

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by RUDisney, Feb 12, 2019.

1. RUDisney

RUDisney <font color=teal>Mom to Ivan & Kristina<br><font c

Any experience with this airline? I'm looking at 2 economy seats for me and DD.

Should I book this airline or look for another?

Edited to add: flight is from Newark, NJ to/from Heathrow.

Thanks!

2. soccerdad72

soccerdad72 DIS Veteran

I've heard good things about the airline, but I have not had the opportunity to fly on them so far.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Erzengel

Erzengel DIS Veteran

Over 11 years ago. San Fran to Vegas. Think the lights had a bit a of a purple hue. Remember screens on the back of every seat. We really liked the experience, but haven't really flown it since.

5. lorimay

lorimay Celebrating 32 Ears

We just booked with Norwegian Air to Gatwick, direct flight from Ft. Lauderdale to Gatwick $600 for both of us in an exit row.
    Saw JFK to Gatwick about the same price.
    For Sept. this year.

6. Sandeep1

Sandeep1 Mouseketeer

It's a good airline but I personally usually pay a little bit more for the premium economy which are the best economy seats I've ever flown.

7. KPeterso

KPeterso DIS Veteran

Flew Virgin Atlantic a few times in the late 90s and thought it was a great airline. I also flew Virgin America before Alaska Airlines bought and merged with them and that was a great airline too. I would not hesitate at all booking on Virgin Atlantic or Virgin Australia if I was traveling to anywhere they fly.

8. TipsyTraveler

TipsyTraveler DIS Veteran

It’s been many years since I’ve flown with them but they were one of the better airline experiences I’ve had. I’d jump at the chance to fly with them again.

9. kdonnel

kdonnel DVC-BCV

Flew a Delta code share on Virgin. It was ok. The plane got hit by the catering truck and we were delayed a few hours while everyone decided if the plane was still airworthy.

We were on an old tired A340. The inflight entertainment almost worked mostly kinda.

In the end we got to London.