Virgin America boarding and carry-on

asumom

Mouseketeer
Anyone have experience with Virgin America? We are used to southwest airlines boarding and have never had an issue with finding space for our carry-ons. I got a good seat, up front (main cabin) for our VA flight but now reading other sites about their boarding procedure (first class, then select, then back to front), I am worried there won't be any room for our carry-ons since we will be the last group to board, I think?

I am going to be prepared in case we have to gate check it but was just wondering about anyone elses experience. And, with only 1 flight per day sfo-mco, the flight will be full.

Thanks in advance......

Unfortunately I can't remember in what order I've boarded VA, but the thing is, every airline, heck, every flight *seems* to have different ways of boarding the plane (front to back or back to front). I wouldn't worry about this at all.

I've sat in the front of the main cabin on VA, though, and had NO problems with carryons at all.

And once you're on board, it's going to be so lovely you won't have a space in your head to worry. It's a great airline! ENJOY!

Would you like to, or can you, reselect seats further back in the plane?

Although it does not guarantee earlier boarding (sometimes they skip around in the plane) the chances are better for those seated in the rear to board sooner. (United is a little different; window seat holders board before aisle seat holders all up and down the plane.)

Although it does not guarantee earlier boarding (sometimes they skip around in the plane) the chances are better for those seated in the rear to board sooner. (United is a little different; window seat holders board before aisle seat holders all up and down the plane.)

United/Continental has so many flyers eligible for early boarding these days that it's possible the overhead space can be gone before regular boarding begins!

Thanks for the responses. The flight is full, except for a few "select" class seats here and there so no changing seats. We'll just go with the flow and be ready to gate check if necessary (luggage straps, medications/valuables in one place ready to take out in case). First time flying VA and very excited as we get on in SFO and get off at MCO.....no connections!!!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter