VIP/Tiered Rewards to be released soon

If points become tiered, it will kill me that I have 420 points and not 500 since I could guess that 500 would take me into a whole other bracket. But since the dues are getting so high, and my mother is the one that purchased the points for us and pays the dues, I am VERY VERY happy with me 420 LOL

What kind of additional perks would it take for you to buy 80 more points???

:earsboy: Bill

What kind of additional perks would it take for you to buy 80 more points???

:earsboy: Bill

That's the rub, isn't it?

Don't forget that the poster also gains use of 80 additional points. It's not like he would be paying $8-10K solely for some collection of perks and benefits.

It's hard to have a meaningful discussion of such a program without any tangible details. But some of the ideas that have been floated have real potential to save dollars on their trips (discounted park tickets, free waterpark passes) or noticeably improve the quality of their experience (reserved viewing areas, FastPasses, private reservation lines, early room entry, etc.)

The devil is in the details but if the perks are meaningful and guaranteed for a certain period of time, there's little doubt it would have a positive impact on sales.

If points become tiered, it will kill me that I have 420 points and not 500 since I could guess that 500 would take me into a whole other bracket. But since the dues are getting so high, and my mother is the one that purchased the points for us and pays the dues, I am VERY VERY happy with me 420 LOL
Yep, I'm at 449....I figure the cut off point will be 450 if Mr. Murphy still rules!:lmao:

It's hard to have a meaningful discussion of such a program without any tangible details.

C'mon...we've never let a little thing like details or facts keep us from many a "meaningful discussion". :rotfl:

That's the rub, isn't it?

Don't forget that the poster also gains use of 80 additional points. It's not like he would be paying $8-10K solely for some collection of perks and benefits.

It's hard to have a meaningful discussion of such a program without any tangible details. But some of the ideas that have been floated have real potential to save dollars on their trips (discounted park tickets, free waterpark passes) or noticeably improve the quality of their experience (reserved viewing areas, FastPasses, private reservation lines, early room entry, etc.)

The devil is in the details but if the perks are meaningful and guaranteed for a certain period of time, there's little doubt it would have a positive impact on sales.

The free waterpark passes idea would work out well if they build the rumored DVC next to Blizzard Beach.

Man, I thought there was actually an announcement. :rolleyes:

We (my parents, my DH and I and DB and DSIL) all bought points at BLT as a group in 2010 to get a better discount per point with the intent of separating the contracts. With the rumors of perks based on points, we opted to wait and see. Looks like we will keep waiting...

So far, no issues will the shared contracts. LOTS of people warned us against this, but it is working out fine and we are planning to travel to DL together next year. I cannot wait! :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter