VIP tickets?

disneyygirrl

A dream is a wish your heart makes...
Hi everyone!

I'm new to the boards and very excited for my upcoming trip to Disney & Universal! I'll be at Universal from October 9-12th and am wondering if I should buy VIP tickets to take advantage of the unlimited express pass? I stayed on site last visit and found this worth their weight in gold! I've never been down in October, though and am notsure what types of crowds to expect. Any insight would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

-- Meghan

Hi everyone!

I'm new to the boards and very excited for my upcoming trip to Disney & Universal! I'll be at Universal from October 9-12th and am wondering if I should buy VIP tickets to take advantage of the unlimited express pass? I stayed on site last visit and found this worth their weight in gold! I've never been down in October, though and am notsure what types of crowds to expect. Any insight would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

-- Meghan
October isn't generally busy so I don't think you would need to spend the money on the VIP Express tickets. HP will still be busy but the rest of the parks aren't bad at all.

We purchased those for 1 day last November (1st few days of November) and thought it was well worth the money. My family is not very good at waiting in line and we're used to Disney & FPs. We would have stayed on site but everything was booked up for our dates so we couldn't.

It depends on the crowd levels there. We have passes and go a lot. Those express tickets are pricey!! lol

If it's going to be crowded, then definately get them. If it's slower then I wouldn't worry about it. I'd imagine November isn't too bad. Don't forget to try a butterbeer! Yumm!

We purchased those for 1 day last November (1st few days of November) and thought it was well worth the money. My family is not very good at waiting in line and we're used to Disney & FPs. We would have stayed on site but everything was booked up for our dates so we couldn't.

i've been spoiled by disney's FP and having had the express passes previously! i'm hoping it won't be too busy, but i'd rather have it and shave 15-20 minutes per attraction than not have it and wish i did. thanks for replying!:yay:

It depends on the crowd levels there. We have passes and go a lot. Those express tickets are pricey!! lol

If it's going to be crowded, then definately get them. If it's slower then I wouldn't worry about it. I'd imagine November isn't too bad. Don't forget to try a butterbeer! Yumm!

i can't wait to try a butterbeer! my family went last year on opening day (they are crazy!) and brought me home a mug. i've been dying for it ever since! :scared1:

i've been spoiled by disney's FP and having had the express passes previously! i'm hoping it won't be too busy, but i'd rather have it and shave 15-20 minutes per attraction than not have it and wish i did. thanks for replying!:yay:

Depending on how many are in your group you can by one annual pass and stay at RPR for $164 a night. Total with one AP and 3 nights onsite would be $832.54. Then you can us the AP at the gate to buy additional tickets at 15% off gate price. Just a thought.:confused3

i can't wait to try a butterbeer! my family went last year on opening day (they are crazy!) and brought me home a mug. i've been dying for it ever since! :scared1:

It's insanely good. It has a heavy cream and sugar taste and if I'm overheated it makes me a little sick. So just make sure you arnt dehydrated first lol. Also, there are 2 versions, frozen and regular, and both equally good. So plan on getting 2. :thumbsup2

Depending on how many are in your group you can by one annual pass and stay at RPR for $164 a night. Total with one AP and 3 nights onsite would be $832.54. Then you can us the AP at the gate to buy additional tickets at 15% off gate price. Just a thought.:confused3

I keep seeing these great rates for AP holders but when going to the Universal sight and putting "APH" under the promotion code, I've never come up with less than $229 a night for 2 adults and 1 child. I've tried dates all over the calendar. :confused3 Is there a different code to use? Trying to find out if the APH discount for room would make it worth while for a pass during our short stay.

I keep seeing these great rates for AP holders but when going to the Universal sight and putting "APH" under the promotion code, I've never come up with less than $229 a night for 2 adults and 1 child. I've tried dates all over the calendar. :confused3 Is there a different code to use? Trying to find out if the APH discount for room would make it worth while for a pass during our short stay.

It really depends on the dates since there is a certain amount of rooms for this rate. What dates are you putting in just so I can check to rule out a problem on your end.:)

It really depends on the dates since there is a certain amount of rooms for this rate. What dates are you putting in just so I can check to rule out a problem on your end.:)

Check in 2/1, check out 2/3. RPR came up $224 this morning with or without the APH. Also 5/2-5/4 came up $254 with or without too. Guess they could be out both dates?

Check in 2/1, check out 2/3. RPR came up $224 this morning with or without the APH. Also 5/2-5/4 came up $254 with or without too. Guess they could be out both dates?

AP rates for those dates are not out yet. For February the AP rates will be out around November / December time. You can book now and then adjust the rate when they are released.:thumbsup2

AP rates for those dates are not out yet. For February the AP rates will be out around November / December time. You can book now and then adjust the rate when they are released.:thumbsup2

Sweet! Thanks. I figured February would be out by now. So in my budgeting I can probably figure about $170 a night with APH discount? What about the AAA rate? Does it come anywhere close to the APH rates?

very good idea! i'm going to keep this in mind for my family's upcoming trip in february. this trip is actually just two of us, but thank you so much for that tip. it'll help when six of us go this winter! :worship:

Last edited:
It's insanely good. It has a heavy cream and sugar taste and if I'm overheated it makes me a little sick. So just make sure you arnt dehydrated first lol. Also, there are 2 versions, frozen and regular, and both equally good. So plan on getting 2. :thumbsup2

Bonnie, I'm planning on 2 everyday we are there! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter