Violin Practice at resort....

Ok let me start by saying that I got myself into this. When my seven year old asked to learn to play the violin I said yes. It was at the school....I didn't have to drive her anywhere......she committed to practice....the violin was only $140....seemed to be harmless....and she is pretty good at the piano....well....

We are heading to WDW in a week and the violin teacher wants her to take the violin to practice. Where on earth am I going to let her practice:scared1::scared1:

Can you imagine being in the next room to this.:eek: (It kind of sounds like a cat getting stuck in a machine....we are making progress...use to sound like we were murdering the cat) Do any of you have an ideas?????

These are my ideas so far.....leave it at home by accident, take her to the parking lot of the WL.....take it to EPCOT and have her play it around the Italy.....have her work Tutto Ittalia or Via Naoli restaurant as a strolling musician....

This was 10 years ago. I hope the OP returns to tell us that her kid is now a violin virtuoso.😂

That’s ridiculous! You’re on vacation with other people who are also ON VACATION. Leave it at home.
I need to start looking at thread dates before I comment.

I know it's a 10 year old thread, but I WOULD have my child bring the instrument. It's small enough to bring as a carry on, and there will be SOMEPLACE she can go to practice. That might be a parking lot. I remember when DD was learning how to pitch for softball and we were on vacation. We still packed gloves and a couple of balls and found space to practice.

ETA: If my touring style was "sun up to after sun down", I wouldn't worry about it.

Last edited:
I also know this thread is 10 years old, but as a band and orch teacher, here are my thoughts:

Leave the instrument at home. If you're coming from a dry climate to a humid then back to dry, the instrument has a really good chance of cracking.

More importantly, a child does not need to practice while on vacation.

I had one student whose parents insisted that the child take her clarinet on vacation with her so she could practice. Somehow the instrument got left in the rental car and was never seen again.

Unless you're going somewhere for an audition or to perform, leave your musical instrument at home!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter