vintage cars

lzimm13

Mouseketeer
So I really want a vintage car for the wedding. Its one of those things that really, how often do you have the chance to do? So while we were at our planning session we agreed on the vintage rolls royce. Well we just got our BEO and the Rolls is $900! :scared1: Thats just a bit steep. I really like the Model A Ford ($600) but it doesn't have air conditioning and the wedding is June 6th. I'm willing to stick it out but Eric is a but of a wimp when it comes to heat... has anyone ever used the Model A or another car that wasn't almost a thousand dollars!?! help?

Bummer! Used to be that only the pink Rolls was $900, and the white one was a mere $800. :cutie:

I dunno if you've seen this thread, but Disney can get a ton of other vintage cars, they just never seem to volunteer the info unless you ask.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=36638779

The thread has lots of pictures—you might see if there's one you like better than the Model A and then ask if it has AC (and is cheaper than the Rolls!).

We are using the Black Cadillace Limousine and it's $800. I know it's only $100 but every little bit counts. I wanted the Pink Rolls, which was not available on our day :(

Bummer! Used to be that only the pink Rolls was $900, and the white one was a mere $800. :cutie:

I dunno if you've seen this thread, but Disney can get a ton of other vintage cars, they just never seem to volunteer the info unless you ask.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=36638779

The thread has lots of pictures—you might see if there's one you like better than the Model A and then ask if it has AC (and is cheaper than the Rolls!).

Wow I see quite a few Bonnevilles! DF and I drove to our first date in a 1998 Bonneville :lovestruc :goodvibes

A little off topic, but does anyone know why they tie what looks like ribbon to the hood ornament on the Rolls? I saw it in a few pictures on the company who rents it's site. I don't get/like it. :confused3

Wow I see quite a few Bonnevilles! DF and I drove to our first date in a 1998 Bonneville :lovestruc :goodvibes

A little off topic, but does anyone know why they tie what looks like ribbon to the hood ornament on the Rolls? I saw it in a few pictures on the company who rents it's site. I don't get/like it. :confused3

Hi - I happen to speak to someone from that company today and I asked the same question! The woman told me its a Brittish tradition and the Rolls with the ribbon signifies that its the bride and grooms wedding car. I guess they don't use "just married" signs on a Rolls and opt for the more sophisticated ribbon instead! :rotfl:

I dont know how accurate that is, but its what she said.

She did also tell me the ribbon is optional. ;)

--Leah

Hi - I happen to speak to someone from that company today and I asked the same question! The woman told me its a Brittish tradition and the Rolls with the ribbon signifies that its the bride and grooms wedding car. I guess they don't use "just married" signs on a Rolls and opt for the more sophisticated ribbon instead! :rotfl:

I dont know how accurate that is, but its what she said.

She did also tell me the ribbon is optional. ;)

--Leah

Ahh...I actually prefer a cute, DIY "Just Married" banner lol. Good to know it is optional!

When I got Married we had a few classic cars at our wedding:cool1: I am a member of a car club, so everyone involved was going to be at the wedding anyway:goodvibes, The Groom party arrived in a 55 Imperial (one of the best in the Country:banana:) The flower girl & ring bearer came in a 32 Ford split window coupe (like ZZ Top Car) was Pink and called the Pink Panther, we had a 61 or 2 Studabaker Lark Conv, A 50 Merc, And my wife came in a 1928 12cyl. Packard:goodvibes

You could contact local car clubs and see if any of there members cars are availible for Weddings:confused3

When I got Married we had a few classic cars at our wedding:cool1: I am a member of a car club, so everyone involved was going to be at the wedding anyway:goodvibes, The Groom party arrived in a 55 Imperial (one of the best in the Country:banana:) The flower girl & ring bearer came in a 32 Ford split window coupe (like ZZ Top Car) was Pink and called the Pink Panther, we had a 61 or 2 Studabaker Lark Conv, A 50 Merc, And my wife came in a 1928 12cyl. Packard:goodvibes

You could contact local car clubs and see if any of there members cars are availible for Weddings:confused3

I just drooled all over your entire post! lol that sounds fabulous! contacting a car club might be a good idea

Carrie: thanks for that thread! I'll have to ask my planner about a few of those cars! they look great!

We do ribbons on the hood here too, ribbons on the hood, and tuille on the back parcel shelf. Some people also go further and attach a something to the hood ornament, I've seen swans (obviously not real) teddy bears, and lots of stuff.

I'd never put something over the hood ornament, but when done right the ribbon looks really nice

The ribbon on wedding cars is definately a big British tradition - and a rather nice one IMHO.
It is not just Rolls Royces it applies to. Whatever car the bride and groom use, will have the ribbons attached. In fact I don't believe I have ever been to a wedding when the brides car does not have the ribbons!!
We still use 'Just Married' signs, but they are attached to the car used to drive the couple off to their honeymoon (or first-night destination), after the reception. This honeymoon car is often decked out with other stuff too, such as tin cans attached to the back of the car with string, which make a terrible racket when the car drives off!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter