• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Villas on 7 Dwarfs Lane

LindaBabe

DIS Veteran
Arrived Monday, Jan 5, 2009

My villa is in Bldg 12, right next to the 'clubhouse'. 4 bedroom, with the ground floor master. King bed, dresser, two nightstands with lamps, tv and high chair. Pack n play in closet. BIG closet, with tons of hangers, games, shelving. Big bath with jacuzzi tub.

Living room had couch and love seat, two endtables with lamps and a coffee table, tv, dvd, round table with 4 chairs.

Tiny but fully equipt kitchen, right down to a small cooler. Upstairs, 3 more bedrooms, one a master suite, and one more bath besides the ensuite. BIG closets in the masters, I didn't look at the queen or twins.

Big linen closet with space for own storage. Plus one more sink/vanity in hall beside the shared bath.

parking 3 feet from door.

I do see why the negative review from the person who 'ranted' about security driving on the lawn. They have a very strict association rules, and they enforce them. If he wasn't accustomed to an association, I can see why he'd be "fit to be tied" about it. I think rules are what helps keep a place civilized, especially with a large and diverse rental population.

Yesterday, we had a storm coming, so I went out and got the patio chairs and put them on my front step, between two sheltering bushes. After the storm passed, I forgot to put them back. Pretty soon, here comes the cowboy guard on this golf cart, tearing over the lawn to hang a ticket on my door. my violation? forgot to put the chairs back!

My town home association back home could use some tickets like these - but for maintnance issues and bad exterior housekeeping!

Any way, the place is very well maintained, there is a wash rack for washing cars ( NOT in front of your house) and a nicely landscaped dumpster for the trash.

Grilling on your own patio is verboten, but there's a really nice grilling area down by the lake with picnic tables and charcoal grills.

There's also a nice safe appearing playground, basket ball court and tennis court.

The clubhouse has a fitness center, games room, computer room, and a nice sitting area. Outside, there is nice wicker furniture under covered areas facing the pool, and a pool.

The pool is big - load limit 64 and has sprayers, as well as a hot tub, and quite a few loungers. It's heated too, not warm, but not so cold you shiver getting in, either.

Sam's club is across the lane, target less than 1 mile, Publix & walmart about a mile, CVS about 2 miles.

There seems to be quite a few different kinds of people here, Americans, Europeans, Hispanics, African American, even some relatively locals - I met a nice family from Ft. Lauderdale who rent a villa for the season. I feel comfortable here - it's probably as safe as on property. I've seen the surveillence, lol.

I'm already planning next years stay. I found my listing on VBRO but I think renting through the association would be just as good, and easier - probably less risky too, than having to forge a relationship with a landlord who might or might not be reputable.

How long is the drive to the parks? I've been looking for villas and have seen a few in the development you're talking about. But there wasn't really any information about drive time to Disney. TIA

I booked a 3 bedroom for May. Was wondering if there are any shuttles to the parks?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter