Villas - Beach Club, Boardwalk, etc.

rachellm

Mouseketeer
We're trying to rent points for a 2 bedroom villa in Nov.
Just found out today that my first choice (BLT standard view) sold out before points became available. I'm still on the list for AKL Value.

Now I'm trying to decide if I want to check availability for any other options ...

I'd consider Boardwalk, Beach Club or Wilderness due to locations. I'm not interested in OKW or Saratoga.

I've stayed at the GF before, and really dislike the theming. I'm concerned looking at pictures that I won't like Boardwalk or Beach Club. Based off the pictures, it gives me an "ick" feeling.

Are the pictures misleading?

I'd appreciate any input you may have :)

Both Bc and BW are in great locations. They allow you to walk/take a boat to EPCOT and HS! Its such a great convenience!! I have only stayed at the BC out of the two.

The BC is really an amazing resort. Personally I think the themeing is very peaceful and calming. The atmosphere is just great there. The food and SAB are just as wonderful.

Good Luck deciding!

-FantasiaMagic pixiedust:

We're trying to rent points for a 2 bedroom villa in Nov.
Just found out today that my first choice (BLT standard view) sold out before points became available. I'm still on the list for AKL Value.

Now I'm trying to decide if I want to check availability for any other options ...

I'd consider Boardwalk, Beach Club or Wilderness due to locations. I'm not interested in OKW or Saratoga.

I've stayed at the GF before, and really dislike the theming. I'm concerned looking at pictures that I won't like Boardwalk or Beach Club. Based off the pictures, it gives me an "ick" feeling.

Are the pictures misleading?

I'd appreciate any input you may have :)

You are probably already too late for AKV Value villa. But you probably can still get a standard or savanna view.

BCV and BWV are both themed like Gramma's summer beach cottage at the shore. Floral patterns, cutesy decor. Not all that different from what you get at the GF.

What's wrong with OKW or SSR? They are both great resorts. And OKW has the biggest two bedroom villas of all. You are always guaranteed a second bedroom with two queen beds. You won't get that at BCV or BWV. None of the second bedrooms at BWV has two queens. They are all lockoffs. The AKV Value two bedroom is also a lockoff with a queen bed and double sleeper sofa in the second bedroom.

You can get a dedicated two bedroom at VWL, but they are decorated like the Northwoods. Darker colors like reds, greens. Pinecone decor there.

You are probably already too late for AKV Value villa. But you probably can still get a standard or savanna view.

BCV and BWV are both themed like Gramma's summer beach cottage at the shore. Floral patterns, cutesy decor. Not all that different from what you get at the GF.

What's wrong with OKW or SSR? They are both great resorts. And OKW has the biggest two bedroom villas of all. You are always guaranteed a second bedroom with two queen beds. You won't get that at BCV or BWV. None of the second bedrooms at BWV has two queens. They are all lockoffs. The AKV Value two bedroom is also a lockoff with a queen bed and double sleeper sofa in the second bedroom.

You can get a dedicated two bedroom at VWL, but they are decorated like the Northwoods. Darker colors like reds, greens. Pinecone decor there.

I believe the AKL Values are still available (since I haven't heard otherwise from David's team) but I'm sure they'll be gone before points are available!

The Grandmas house decor is what I was afraid of. That's not my favorite :) But maybe it's worth it for the location! The lobby and buildings look beautiful.

As for OKW/SSR - there doesn't seem to be anything extra special about them. Whether it's location, or theming, etc. I'm not totally committed to the idea of renting points, so if it doesn't work out we'll just get 3 rooms somewhere. I'm not as concerned about the sleeper sofa - my 4 yo and 3 yo will be sleeping on it ... they're not picky (at least not about their beds :lmao:)

November is a very popular time for DVC bookings, therefore it can be harder to get specific resorts. The photos of BCV and BWV are accurate.

I'd need an explanation of "ick" factor. pictures (the ones on allears) are real. what you see is how it is.
I love the beach club so I'm bias. but if you are not "feeling" it when you look at the pictures, you will not like them upon arriving.

If you don't like SSR or OKW or BWV or BCV, book Bonnet Creek instead for cash from an owner there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter