**Villains After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

It’s admittedly a slower time of year - things will pick up as we head towards Spring Break season.

But part of me has always wondered if Disney overdid it here - the VAH event count and length of run is HUGE relatively speaking. Some of the videos I saw last night looked pretty empty as the caravan was going by. Disney doesn’t do all this plus size VAH stuff for not many people to be there.

Time will tell I guess!

I think it'll help them really figure out who went for the villains stuff and who went just because it was the only after hours they were offering at the time. I know there are still some who will go to one or the other just because it's the only one available during their trip, but in general they should get a good feel I would think.

I dislike that the parade and show take up the last half hour of the event this year. To me, part of the value last year was getting 3 full hours AND getting an additional half to full hour of entertainment afterward.

For those looking to use VAH just for rides, I think this works in your favor. The ending show and parades should shorten up several ride lines.

It’s admittedly a slower time of year - things will pick up as we head towards Spring Break season.

But part of me has always wondered if Disney overdid it here - the VAH event count and length of run is HUGE relatively speaking. Some of the videos I saw last night looked pretty empty as the caravan was going by. Disney doesn’t do all this plus size VAH stuff for not many people to be there.

Time will tell I guess!
I wondered whether they intentionally started with a lower number of tix but I don’t think it was sold out, so there goes that theory. You are right, only time will tell if they have overestimated interest. As they move into the next few weeks I bet the crowds will increase

I wondered whether they intentionally started with a lower number of tix but I don’t think it was sold out, so there goes that theory. You are right, only time will tell if they have overestimated interest. As they move into the next few weeks I bet the crowds will increase
Going next week and I am expecting it to definitely be busier. Valentine’s Day combined with it being the Friday of Presidents’ Day I am thinking it might sell out but hasn’t so far.

Some things I wouldn’t mind hearing reports about, for those that went last night...

1) what time you were let in (if you were there that early)

2) what you observed in terms of park clearing

3) Pics of the event guide handout

4) locations of any inside the park wristband pickup locations (for those with AP or other admission tickets who were already in the park)

THANK YOU!

We are going on the 14th too. I do not think it will sell out. Short trip for us, so no option to do regular DAH at MK. I think I would prefer the regular one n short trips, we are mainly doing party for the rides.

I am going to the party on March 6. Previously, hours had the park closing at 8. Now the park is closing at 9. The party is 9-12. I assume we'll have the masses in line for all the major rides with no one hour gap?

I am going to the party on March 6. Previously, hours had the park closing at 8. Now the park is closing at 9. The party is 9-12. I assume we'll have the masses in line for all the major rides with no one hour gap?

MK DAH and VAH have to date never operated with a timing gap - any time initial park hours have indicated as such they eventually get changed. While yes, day guests can get in line for anything up until closing, it is not usually mentioned as a materially negative attribute of the event.

MK DAH and VAH have to date never operated with a timing gap - any time initial park hours have indicated as such they eventually get changed. While yes, day guests can get in line for anything up until closing, it is not usually mentioned as a materially negative attribute of the event.

Good to know. I wondered about that hour gap. :) Do you think HEA will be kept at 8pm?

Last edited:
Good to know. I wondered about that hour gap. :) Do you think HEA will be kept at 8pm?

Yeah, HEA times rarely change once published (things like dessert parties and such have been booked for months, etc). So it should stay at 8pm for your date.

FWIW, I'm waiting on confirmation on what they did last night - but this past summer they actively cleared the park for VAH. nudging regular day guests towards the exit.

Yeah, HEA times rarely change once published (things like dessert parties and such have been booked for months, etc). So it should stay at 8pm for your date.

FWIW, I'm waiting on confirmation on what they did last night - but this past summer they actively cleared the park for VAH. nudging regular day guests towards the exit.
Hi, I was there last night and there seemed to be a lot of wristband checkpoints to clear the park. Wait times were awesome and I loved it! It felt very empty but it was really cold so wondering if that had something to do with it.

Some things I wouldn’t mind hearing reports about, for those that went last night...

1) what time you were let in (if you were there that early)

2) what you observed in terms of park clearing

3) Pics of the event guide handout

4) locations of any inside the park wristband pickup locations (for those with AP or other admission tickets who were already in the park)

THANK YOU!
1. Don't know what time they let people into the event. We have parkhoppers and got there at 6:15 PM for our BOG ADR. When we got to MK, they were still holding people in the event line.

2. Multiple CMs were walking about checking if you had a wristband. Each ride had CM checking you had a band before they let you through. Our wristbands were also checked when picking up snacks.

3. Sorry, didn't get one.

4. Two sites - one at the Laugh floor which is where we picked ours up. Sorry, can't remember the second location.

Seriously one of the big reasons I'm interested in this event is because of Malificent breathing fire at night. I don't even know if it will be offered when we go in August, but if it is, I sure hope to see FIRE!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter